Welcome to 1997 and a top 5 pick.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
God this is gonna be a long season not cause of the team but because of the end of the world posters here.

If you thought this team was going to make a run I legit question how much you know about football.

We built a veteran win now team for BA because he was a veteran win now coach with not a lot of years left and we were contenders.

Now BA and Palmer are gone and this is a new coach with a whole new system and schemes. We're running a 4-3 without 4-3 players for Christ sakes

This is a team in transition. Now we are going to start seeing a youth movement going forward this year is an audition year.

Welcome to reality

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO it's too soon to declare Wilkes' defense a failure. While there are talent holes in the front seven, his scheme works, and IMO the D will get better and more "zeroed in" as the season goes on.

The offense is a disaster and i'm not surprised. Just not near enough weapons to go to and force defenses to pick their poison, so to speak.
Ehhh, McCoy & Bradford are the worst things about the offense really. McCoy has somehow finessed himself into multiple OC jobs despite proving he’s atrocious & Bradford has been nothing but an average at best checkdown QB his whole career.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ehhh, McCoy & Bradford are the worst things about the offense really. McCoy has somehow finessed himself into multiple OC jobs despite proving he’s atrocious & Bradford has been nothing but an average at best checkdown QB his whole career.
Don't disagree at all with what you said but...

DJ, DJ, Fitz
rinse, repeat

I just don't see enough to keep a defense off balance, especially while running a conservative scheme. I advocated for Bradford as a stop gap, but it's possible that money could have been better spent on a couple proven weapons via FA or trade.

Cards just look far too easy to defend. IMO it's more a lack of weapons than it is scheme or QB.

For Rosen's sake, i hope ya'll don't throw him in there any time soon expecting him to fix the problem. Let Bradford or Glennon eat the losses until you can bring in some WR's and a TE.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
They could've paid CC. I agree he was expensive but what did the Cards use that money for????? John Brown has been reportedly great all year/off season with the Ravens. We'll see on him but he had a TD today.

I know there is turnover but the Cards have done zilch with the saved money. Justin Pugh and Gresham??
It was CC or Jones...they picked Jones.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
God this is gonna be a long season not cause of the team but because of the end of the world posters here.

If you thought this team was going to make a run I legit question how much you know about football.

We built a veteran win now team for BA because he was a veteran win now coach with not a lot of years left and we were contenders.

Now BA and Palmer are gone and this is a new coach with a whole new system and schemes. We're running a 4-3 without 4-3 players for Christ sakes

This is a team in transition. Now we are going to start seeing a youth movement going forward this year is an audition year.

Welcome to reality
Great post! I said the same thing in another thread about the scheme fit vs players defensively

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Great post! I said the same thing in another thread about the scheme fit vs players defensively
Wills has to take some heat also.He is the guy that picked the final roster.I give the Cards a pass this week but if things are as inept against the Rams then its going to be a very very very long sad season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Shane and Bucky are correct. Everyone knows this is going to be a down year for us. Don't add whining to it as if you're amazed and more intelligent than the coaches.

And of course we had to give Bradford the money. We didn't have Rosen at the time, unless you love the idea of Glennon running the team.

This is nonsense. We could’ve had Case Keenum or Drew Stanton or AJ McCarron or anyone else who could throw the ball two yards short of the sticks on third down for a third of the price.

IMO it's too soon to declare Wilkes' defense a failure. While there are talent holes in the front seven, his scheme works, and IMO the D will get better and more "zeroed in" as the season goes on.

The offense is a disaster and i'm not surprised. Just not near enough weapons to go to and force defenses to pick their poison, so to speak.

Where is the evidence supporting this statement? Because it didn’t look like that defense worked today, and he was a coordinator for all of one season and overseen by a defensive head coach.

Wills has to take some heat also.He is the guy that picked the final roster.I give the Cards a pass this week but if things are as inept against the Rams then its going to be a very very very long sad season.

What gives you this idea?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess with a very high pick you have to take the BPA, but, at least on defense, we have to get way better in the LB position. If Golden ever gets healthy, our pass rush should be pretty good, but our rush defense is probably going to be bad, all year.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Shane and Bucky are correct. Everyone knows this is going to be a down year for us. Don't add whining to it as if you're amazed and more intelligent than the coaches.

And of course we had to give Bradford the money. We didn't have Rosen at the time, unless you love the idea of Glennon running the team.

I am going to whine all I want. The performance yesterday was pathetic. The team was not prepared and that falls on the coaches of both offense and defense. I agree talent plays a lot into it but there was no excuse for that display yesterday. Bradford looked aweful. Both run and pass defense was virtually non existent. Penalties on defense killed them. These problems lasted all game.

I will admit I did see some things I liked though. Edmonds I thought showed some promise. Fitz had a decent day. DJ's TD was ok but other than those it was not a good day.

Game over. Onto next week. The coaches need to get them prepared for the Rams. Hopefully it is a better performance.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
This is nonsense. We could’ve had Case Keenum or Drew Stanton or AJ McCarron or anyone else who could throw the ball two yards short of the sticks on third down for a third of the price.

Where is the evidence supporting this statement? Because it didn’t look like that defense worked today, and he was a coordinator for all of one season and overseen by a defensive head coach.

What gives you this idea?

You don`t think the head coach had any input on who is on the final roster? Did your PFF site tell you that or just expressing your opinion?

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
It's an almost improbable task to achieve that your LBs are too light to stuff the run but also suck in coverage. I'd rather bring back Minter and Dansby who are at least decent in one particular area. Hodges also fits that mold and should get a look soon.

But it's not all on our LBs. Our DL got destroyed by their OL. Admittedly, they are among the best OL in the league when healthy. Nkemdiche flashed and tried hard, but on run plays he gets washed away more often than not. Peters is nothing special. Chandler Jones had a tough task against the best LT in the league. I don't even mention our left end because I don't know his name and he played like crap.

I'd put my savings on us drafting either a DT or LB in next year's 1st round.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did the Bears overpay for Kalil?

No. He's in his mid 20s and in his prime

CC was north of 30 when they gave him that monster contract that was twice what Micheal Bennett got.

That's a huge factor

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A rookie coaching staff, top to bottom, and a woeful roster is a bad combination. Hunker down fans.

P S is the better GM residing in Tampa setting up the Buca roster. ( Hint; Licht returned to Arizona as the Cardinals' director of player personnel beginning in 2012 and was promoted to vice president of player personnel in January 2013.)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watch the Jags.

Yeah I know CC is playing great and im happy for him, but you can name 100 players who got big contracts for work they already put in and it turned bad.

Like I said they literally paid double market value for him. Good for him

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Did the Bears overpay for Kalil?

It’s hard to say. Khalil Mack had one of the best games of his career and it didn’t matter. Trubisky still isn’t accurate but the creative designs make him look decent. This trade can’t be judged for a few years.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
come on...you guys really want keim to get a top five pick so he can pass on the defensive studs and get another OT project?

he will skip baby Bosa because..."we have Jones and Golden"...but that RT from appalachian state community college is just an amazing talent and with some development will be a hall of famer

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
come on...you guys really want keim to get a top five pick so he can pass on the defensive studs and get another OT project?

he will skip baby Bosa because..."we have Jones and Golden"...but that RT from appalachian state community college is just an amazing talent and with some development will be a hall of famer
I don’t think Keim will be that dumb to pass on Bosa or Oliver if they’re on the board.

If he’s still here, that is.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Keim will be that dumb to pass on Bosa or Oliver if they’re on the board.

If he’s still here, that is.
Never underestimate the stupidity of mankind.

"This will be Keim’s 3rd straight non-winning season. That’s enough to be lose your job but I don’t see it happening unless they’re 2-3 wins-bad."

8 - 8 ( fantasy stuff )or better is the only chance I believe he has of being retained. The DUI is his Albatross and nothing short of playoffs might save him. This season is his free pass for P R reasons.