Welcome Josh Dobbs. Arizona trades a 5th round pick for Joshua Dobbs and a 7th round pick

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By Arizona Sports:

Dobbs will compete for the starting quarterback position alongside veteran backup Colt McCoy and 2023 fifth-round pick Clayton Tune, who were splitting first-team duties in practice on Thursday. Quarterback Kyler Murray continues to work his way back from a knee injury, with his return date unknown at this time.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Meh… it’s a fifth rounder, pure and simple… look at the coming draft capital in the next draft alone. It’s pretty much a non-issue. I’m not saying I agree with it but I’m not gonna get upset over it either. Not even a little bit, but I guess it gives the board something to talk about. :)
Our 2nd string RB...6th rounder.

Our shining rookie DB Kei'Trel Clark...6th rounder.

Our backup QB...5th rounder.

Not really worth throwing away in our current situation.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks this isn't a really stupid trade has completely bought into the Cardinals poverty mindset.

I'm with you, but fans want to believe. The Cardinals just cleaned house.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What changes with the finances today? You're still paying him what he signed in Cleveland...and what he would have likely signed for in AZ, right?
yeah, but now we could ALSO give up a pick in addition to paying him what we apparently didn't want to before!

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I'm guessing the organization is formatting the retirement statement for McCoy at this very moment - I don't think he suits up for Minnesota - I don't think Dobbs plays in Minnesota either - I think it will be Tune first half and Blough in the second -

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Basically today we got a 5th and 7th and gave up a 5th and a 7th so we didn’t lose any ground in draft capital. But unfortunately we did give up 2 players (Jones and Simmons) for a backup QB. I also wonder if Simmons would have been cut?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dobbs doesn't make sense period
Chopper, you're probably correct, but I feel that Monti has a reason for making the deal. I wasn't very happy when we signed Froholdt, and Collier but now I am, so I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt. There might be posters on this Board who know more about FB than Monti, but I'm not one of them.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We passed on DTR in the draft and then traded for the guy he surpassed on the depth chart. Galaxy brain stuff going on here.
Dobbs was ahead of DTR on the depth chart. Colt looks cooked and Tune looks like he will throw 4 picks a game. This move makes sense if we think Dobbs is actually good and Monti/Gannon decided they didn't the offense to look like it did in 2018.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
We know the mold of our QB of the future. 6'3+ 220lb+ and athletic. Murray will be gone before you know it. Should be able to grab a 4th rounder for him. Remember, we're playing chess not checkers.......if chess equals being the worst ******** franchise in the NFL. A title we already firmly held.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last year in Tennessee Dobbs was able to beat out Malik Willis for the starting job after a single week of practice. I think he's about to replicate that with Tune

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They burned the house down, and are convincing people it is better to be homeless.

I prefer to think this may lead to the sell of the Cardinals. It happened with the Suns. Weirder things have happened.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison