Week 9 Cardinals Off-season: 03/06/2023-03/12/2023

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That was voided when he was suspended, he no longer has a choice as to where he goes.
This is my understanding as well.
If they do decide to trade him, they better get the best deal possible. I don't care if he goes to the worst team in the league.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This is my understanding as well.
If they do decide to trade him, they better get the best deal possible. I don't care if he goes to the worst team in the league.
He may not have his no trade clause, however a happy deandre will net the Cardinals a better haul. If the team he's being traded to doesn't think he's on board with being there and a new contract, etc, the compensation won't be as good.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No OL = no bueno.
If they are able to trade Hopkins next week i think we should get an offensive lineman in round 2 and possibly in round 3
Trade Humphries for a 4th and stick with Jones at left tackle
A RT in round 2 a center/guard round 3

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has a no-trade contract. Don’t think he’ll agree to go to Carolina, which has no chance claiming a championship. Hop will want to play with a contender.

He's from Carolina. I think he'd jump at it. Panthers play about 2 hours from his family.

Panthers have two 2nd round picks too. Their own and the Niners.

Both their 2nd's plus Terrace Marshall Jr (We need outside depths) who is worth about a 5th.

I can see Panthers going for a vet QB rather than a rookie and adding Hopkins to go with Moore. They have the capital. I could see them taking a big swing, maybe even going after Lamar.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He may not have his no trade clause, however a happy deandre will net the Cardinals a better haul. If the team he's being traded to doesn't think he's on board with being there and a new contract, etc, the compensation won't be as good.

???

Given those reservations, why would a team make that trade and more importantly, why would the Cards accept less value?

You want Dhop, pay the piper!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I wouldn't be over the moon over this draft.

Dexter is a former 4/5 star recruit who has never quite put it all together. Great looking prospect, but I'd want someone a bit more productive at 34.

I like Marvin Mims a lot, but I worry about having yet another small receiver. Granted, I think sometimes you just need to focus on good football players.

I actually like the concept of taking another Safety, but I would target Sydney Brown since I think he has a pretty high ceiling. Brown would be the perfect nickel safety since he can cover the slot a bit too.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He's from Carolina. I think he'd jump at it. Panthers play about 2 hours from his family.

Panthers have two 2nd round picks too. Their own and the Niners.

Both their 2nd's plus Terrace Marshall Jr (We need outside depths) who is worth about a 5th.

I can see Panthers going for a vet QB rather than a rookie and adding Hopkins to go with Moore. They have the capital. I could see them taking a big swing, maybe even going after Lamar.
I'd bet heavily that Carolina is all in on drafting a QB this draft and will have to use most of theat draft capital to move up and grab one.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'd bet heavily that Carolina is all in on drafting a QB this draft and will have to use most of theat draft capital to move up and grab one.
I see Carolina as a dark horse for Double A Ron...like it will come out of nowhere. Jimmy G may be there 2nd choice...and then if those 2 don't happen, then they do whatever they can to get one in the draft. I even think, though, if they go after Rodgers, they may draft the QB from Florida, since he's someone you can easily sit for 2 years and develop.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I see Carolina as a dark horse for Double A Ron...like it will come out of nowhere. Jimmy G may be there 2nd choice...and then if those 2 don't happen, then they do whatever they can to get one in the draft. I even think, though, if they go after Rodgers, they may draft the QB from Florida, since he's someone you can easily sit for 2 years and develop.

I would be very surprised if Rodgers goes to Panthers

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think the Panthers bring in a Jimmy G but then draft a guy. I think Carolina is done with retreads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson