Week 18 of the Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 05/06/24-05/12/24

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Don’t love this at all. Second time I’ve seen it here.
I don’t mind ********.
I don’t understand the reference, I don’t know what it means, and I sure as hell don’t know how to use it in a sentence. Nor do I care, because as a word it’s pretty solid. Kinda like flocculant, or acoustician, or magnanimous. A little outta left field, but pretty solid.
Something akin to bands from Australia every ten years or so. Men at work, INXS, John Butler. A… modern tribal (?) sound, or something.
********. It won’t last long, but it will burn (sorta) brightly for a few days. It’s our comet. It’s our hill, K9, and these are our (magic) beans.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don’t mind ********.
I don’t understand the reference, I don’t know what it means, and I sure as hell don’t know how to use it in a sentence. Nor do I care, because as a word it’s pretty solid. Kinda like flocculant, or acoustician, or magnanimous. A little outta left field, but pretty solid.
Something akin to bands from Australia every ten years or so. Men at work, INXS, John Butler. A… modern tribal (?) sound, or something.
********. It won’t last long, but it will burn (sorta) brightly for a few days. It’s our comet. It’s our hill, K9, and these are our (magic) beans.
It's a term that was used for "studly" slaves.

Its a pretty gross term for a white person to use.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don’t mind ********.
I'd say it's among the most offensive terms I've seen used on this board.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man I’m curious what kind of ammunition was being requested. I’m not against Darius Robinson- I just think he is a higher risk selection, and yah I’ll admit it, I wish we did move up from 27 and had landed one of the dominant defensive players that ended up going to our rivals

Still makes me feel really bitter - the Texans/stroud really effed us. Classic cardinals luck. Ah well- hopefully Robinson balls out and becomes the ******** we hope he can be and this all becomes moot
Um, was pretty clear to me the guy they were talking about trading up for was - Darius Robinson.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don’t mind ********.
its a term derived from the Mandinka tribe in africa. The first known movie to be made regarding a black man with a white woman involved a slave named ******** and that was the title of the movie...circa 1973 or so. the term devolved into a semi racist term describing black men who preferred white women by the mid seventies.
at least thats how I recall it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worse than that, it's a slave that is trained/forced to fight other slaves for sport. To refer to a player as "our ********" is either wholly ignorant or wildly disgusting.
The term ******** will need to be added to our filter. It is completely unappropriate.

I'll chalk this one to ignorance, but further use before filter is in place will have repercussions

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Should have just drafted Roman Wilson or Luke McCaffrey imo.

I wouldnt be surprised if Devontez Walker turns out really good as well.

Hope Wilson stays healthy. We'll see if is Dortch really more than a 4 or 5.

Edit:Titans signed Boyd. Do you call the Titans about Burks for a late round pick? Monti was part of the regime that drafted him. @DVontel

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I’m curious what kind of ammunition was being requested. I’m not against Darius Robinson- I just think he is a higher risk selection, and yah I’ll admit it, I wish we did move up from 27 and had landed one of the dominant defensive players that ended up going to our rivals

Still makes me feel really bitter - the Texans/stroud really effed us. Classic cardinals luck. Ah well- hopefully Robinson balls out and becomes the ******** we hope he can be and this all becomes moot
The ********? Whoa. WTH?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The term ******** will need to be added to our filter. It is completely unappropriate.

I'll chalk this one to ignorance, but further use before filter is in place will have repercussions
Man… that’s chalked up to ignorance in 2024? You’re a bigger man than I dream. That disgusting phrase rightfully went the way of the dodo by the 80’s.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… that’s chalked up to ignorance in 2024? You’re a bigger man than I dream. That disgusting phrase rightfully went the way of the dodo by the 80’s.
I try, but mostly fail.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That scene in the parlor room is gnarly… as are about 10 other scenes in that movie.
I'm kind of surprised that it hasn't entered the incel cannon alongside Donnie Darko, Wolf of Wall Street, and other movies that many young white men like for the wrong reasons.

EDIT: I like that movie a lot but understand it has to be unpacked significantly.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That scene in the parlor room is gnarly… as are about 10 other scenes in that movie.

I'm kind of surprised that it hasn't entered the incel cannon alongside Donnie Darko, Wolf of Wall Street, and other movies that many young white men like for the wrong reasons.

EDIT: I like that movie a lot but understand it has to be unpacked significantly.
The whole point of the language in that movie was to demonstrate just how ugly some of those people were back then. It's been confirmed that movie uses the N word more than any other movie.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Should have just drafted Roman Wilson or Luke McCaffrey imo.

I wouldnt be surprised if Devontez Walker turns out really good as well.

Hope Wilson stays healthy. We'll see if is Dortch really more than a 4 or 5.

Edit:Titans signed Boyd. Do you call the Titans about Burks for a late round pick? Monti was part of the regime that drafted him. @DVontel
Yeah another receiver would have been nice, but this offenses bread is buttered in the run game, and the Cardinals doubled down on it.

Zay Jones is about what the Cardinals need in the short run to fill that #2/#3 gap.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah another receiver would have been nice, but this offenses bread is buttered in the run game, and the Cardinals doubled down on it.

Zay Jones is about what the Cardinals need in the short run to fill that #2/#3 gap.
I don't have a problem with the strategy. However, teams like the Browns or elite teams like the 49ers/Ravens have the DLines to support that brand of football. I just worry about what happens when we have to spread the ball out/go uptempo. I want to know we're capable of being dynamic when we need to be.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the strategy. However, teams like the Browns or elite teams like the 49ers/Ravens have the DLines to support that brand of football. I just worry about what happens when we have to spread the ball out/go uptempo. I want to know we're capable of being dynamic when we need to be.
If you add Zay Jones, the offense starts to look a lot better. He's a journey man for sure, but he's a prudent depth add who can handle larger volume fairly well.

And he offers inside/out flexibility, so that's a plus.