Week 14 2022: Heroes and Goats

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He said this season. Instead of trying to replace our former pro bowler, we had the corpse of Kennard and Gardeck as our solution. Not a serious team.
I know. I still think Thomas/Sanders was the plan this year too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Keim:

“Let’s use our premium picks on non-premium positions like ILBs, but use later picks on the most non-QB premium position”. Jesus.
some Cardinals fans: "brilliant! all those 3rd round rookies and also-rans on the edges can more than make up for the lack of overall talent. bet when you stack 'em all up at the end of the year, they'll have 25 sacks amongst them. And don't forget Kennard had 6 sacks once last decade!"

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Steve Keim:

“Let’s use our premium picks on non-premium positions like ILBs, but use later picks on the most non-QB premium position”. Jesus.
You can be unconventional and go against the grain to succeed - when it works, you look like a genius! When it doesn't...let's just say you'll only keep your job if your BFFF's with the owner.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Steve Keim:

but what if they were voted team captain!?!

Remember NFL systemic fit, depth chart needs, and overall talent level come second place behind a popularity contest among 19 year old college football players.

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree on all accounts, though I like Brown more than you do.

It's just such a crap show. That's why you're seeing me less and less on the Cardinals forum because I don't enjoy talking about failures and defeats that I can't fix myself.

Things have to change. Hopefully seeing Michael Bidwill without Keim is a harbinger of what's coming. Keim has had more than enough time to show that he can't build a consistent winner. Can Adrian Wilson build one? Can Quentin Harris build one? Unfortunately, I think if Keim is fired, we see one of those two get elevated to the top spot. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that AW was the one who made those comments to Jordan Schulz. Imagine how you would feel, working for your beloved team and seeing an incompetent buffoon running the show.

Keim just doesn't really have an organizational philosophy. When you look at the Pittsburgh Steelers, there is a clear organizational philosophy. Same with the Ravens. Same with the Niners. You can literally watch a college prospect and say, "That's a Pittsburgh Steelers kind of player." Can you say the same thing about the Cardinals?
You can say “dude’s a Cardinal kind of player” but that’s not a good thing.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Then that was a terrible plan. Maybe someday they'll develop into top pass rushers, or maybe we're seeing their ceiling. Either way, they were grossly inadequate to our needs this season.
25 edge rushers have more sacks on their own than all of our edge rushers combined (6.5).

JJ Watt also has 6.5 sacks this season.

Yet Keim passed on multiple edge rushers in the second round last year in favor of a guy who could be the next Austin Hooper.

Keim pretty much burned this place down before he left.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
25 edge rushers have more sacks on their own than all of our edge rushers combined (6.5).

JJ Watt also has 6.5 sacks this season.

Yet Keim passed on multiple edge rushers in the second round last year in favor of a guy who could be the next Austin Hooper.

Keim pretty much burned this place down before he left.
The next… Austin Hooper.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then that was a terrible plan. Maybe someday they'll develop into top pass rushers, or maybe we're seeing their ceiling. Either way, they were grossly inadequate to our needs this season.
I don't disagree one bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose