Week 13 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 04/01/24-04/07/24

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Clown take, my man.

Jake's best season was worse than Kyler's worst year.
Statistically, maybe, in a different era. Jake beat the Cowboys in Dallas in the playoffs. With trash.

I guarantee you, if Kyler has a bad year this year and we replace him at QB, the overall narrative on Plummer is equal if not better to Kyler, at least as a Cardinal.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Statistically, maybe, in a different era. Jake beat the Cowboys in Dallas in the playoffs. With trash.

I guarantee you, if Kyler has a bad year this year and we replace him at QB, the overall narrative on Plummer is equal if not better to Kyler, at least as a Cardinal.
Jake was absolutely a trash QB that we all hoped would sniff Kyler's potential.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
One playoff win?

That's a team accomplishment.

Try again.
And Kyler let his team down when it counted. Jake had an okay game, they won, and the trajectory seemed like it would go nowhere but up. Kyler came out and did absolutely nothing, besides one of the worst playoff performances this team has seen in the modern era.

I need to be clear here - my argument is that Kyler is trending to be forgettable, like Plummer.

Jake was absolutely a trash QB that we all hoped would sniff Kyler's potential.
"Potential." He hasn't done anything of real note. I still haven't seen him make players around him better. He's still a player the fanbase and league argues over all the time.

At the end of the day, potential means nothing if the guy's attitude is in question and never brings us a playoff win.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
@Solar7 feel free to actually refute what I'm saying about Jake. I watched all those games, Jake would throw early interceptions at inopportune times that the team had to climb back from.

The 1998 Cardinals team was the single playoff team I've ever seen.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And Kyler let his team down when it counted. Jake had an okay game, they won, and the trajectory seemed like it would go nowhere but up. Kyler came out and did absolutely nothing, besides one of the worst playoff performances this team has seen in the modern era.

I need to be clear here - my argument is that Kyler is trending to be forgettable, like Plummer.

"Potential." He hasn't done anything of real note. I still haven't seen him make players around him better. He's still a player the fanbase and league argues over all the time.

At the end of the day, potential means nothing if the guy's attitude is in question and never brings us a playoff win.
Jake did none of this either. And he also didn't receive Pro Bowl invitations or Rookie of the Year.

You're just objectively wrong.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
@Solar7 feel free to actually refute what I'm saying about Jake. I watched all those games, Jake would throw early interceptions at inopportune times that the team had to climb back from.

The 1998 Cardinals team was the single playoff team I've ever seen.
I watched the games too. I have no problem with saying Jake was never all that good, but also Kyler isn't very good.

Jake did none of this either. And he also didn't receive Pro Bowl invitations or Rookie of the Year.

You're just objectively wrong.
He was considered an up and coming NFL QB early on, and Pro Bowl invites meant more back then than they do now. The guy hasn't won us anything, got a controversial extension, got hurt, and played one good game since his return from injury.

This wasn't intended to be a Jake vs. Kyler convo, just that in the annals of a lot of franchise, Kyler has nowhere near "Mt. Rushmore" status. Unless Kyler does something new, 20 years from now we're not going to be talking about KM as some incredible player, maybe just what could have been.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Adrian Murrell was a big factor in offense and Aeneas Williams led the defense with 2 INTs! It was a team effort for sure!
C'mon, it was a 9-7 season and we got lucky enough to face the Cowboys after sneaking into the playoffs. Statistics nerds say the 98 Cards were the 3rd worst team to EVER make the playoffs.

It was a fun season, but Jake was not a great QB. Even if Kyler never improves on any of his flaws he is significantly better than Jake. After a bad game, I see a lot of comments questioning if you can win in the playoffs with a QB like Kyler. Jake Plummer is living proof that the answer to that question is yes.

Imagine if Vikings fans lifted Case Keenum up as some sort of great QB. Case lead the Vikings to a 13-3 record and a playoff win, all while having significantly better stats than Jake.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
C'mon, it was a 9-7 season and we got lucky enough to face the Cowboys after sneaking into the playoffs. Statistics nerds say the 98 Cards were the 3rd worst team to EVER make the playoffs.

It was a fun season, but Jake was not a great QB. Even if Kyler never improves on any of his flaws he is significantly better than Jake. After a bad game, I see a lot of comments questioning if you can win in the playoffs with a QB like Kyler. Jake Plummer is living proof that the answer to that question is yes.

Imagine if Vikings fans lifted Case Keenum up as some sort of great QB. Case lead the Vikings to a 13-3 record and a playoff win, all while having significantly better stats than Jake.
I need to repeat this again... I'm not directly comparing Kyler and Plummer. Neither are all that significant.

Unless something new happens, both QBs will end up in the same tier of "whatever." Murray will not belong on some hallowed "Mount Rushmore" of Cardinals quarterbacking.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I hope you realize that you're actually also making the argument here that Case Keenum has comparable stats to Kyler, with Keenum holding a better record.

Edit: Kyler has 3 less wins and the same amount of losses as Keenum. Only 6 passing attempts in difference.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You obviously misunderstand the meaning of "objectively"
No I don't.

Kyler has been to Pro Bowls and was a rookie of the year. He has a positive TD to INT ratio.

Jake did none of those things.

The primary judgement on how a player is judged against another is accolades, and Kyler blows Jake away in every way.

Objectively, Kyler Murray is a better player than Jake was.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved Jake Plummer so much, but looking back he was often really bad until he had to try and make a miraculous comeback against prevent defenses in the 4th quarter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn