Wednesday (Netflix)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Was a little more “Disney-esque/Nicklodeanish” than expected but overall entertaining.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t make it past the first 20 minutes.

Wasn’t feeling Gomez and Morticia at all. Big shoes to fill stepping in for Raul Julia and Angelica Houston.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It’s still entertaining, just . . . don’t know how quite to put my finger on it . . . aw yeah I do, but don’t want to admit it . . . it’s how I described it before.
Yeah, you put it perfectly. I think the only thing worse than you described would be a Disney sequel series to Firefly following a younger generation *shudder*

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We almost didn't make it through the first half of Episode one but glad we stuck around. The show IMO just gets better and better. We are on Episode 4 and loving it. The only casting the wife and I really really didn't like was Gomez. Terrible choice. Other than that we really like the cast. Glad we didn't jump when we wanted to (Episode 1). The show has real legs IMO.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We almost didn't make it through the first half of Episode one but glad we stuck around. The show IMO just gets better and better. We are on Episode 4 and loving it. The only casting the wife and I really really didn't like was Gomez. Terrible choice. Other than that we really like the cast. Glad we didn't jump when we wanted to (Episode 1). The show has real legs IMO.
Nickelodian-y or Disney-y?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’d agree with this and still say Disney-ish/Nickelodeon-esque. But obviously darker. I know that seems like a contradiction. Maybe it’s just her roommate and the lead siren girl and the love triangle, and it being angsty kids.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nickelodian-y or Disney-y?
I don't agree with that take honestly. I think it's a touch of CW teen with an obvious Tim Burton feel to it IMO. Almost like Tim Burton's twisted idea of Buffy.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evidently, this show broke the Netflix record for the most hours viewed in a week for an English-language TV series, with 341.23M hours. I guess it's a huge hit.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watched first few episodes with my gf we both enjoyed I'm also a big all around Addam's family fan old TV shows 90 movies etc dance scene was awesome lol:)

The actress plays wens perfect as well all the other actors doing an amazing job

Plus fester actor was awesome!! :)

Really praying they do a new season fingers crossed

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finished it and I actually loved it. I got a friend to watch it and she loved it too. There's a Filipino model she follows on Instagram that has been putting lots of stuff about this show on her page and it sounds like there's a bunch of "influencers" like her pushing the show that's really helping.

The scene at the dance where Wednesday dances has gone viral, lots of people are posting videos of themselves doing the dance.

Ortega is terrific.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose