We draft 13th

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jordan Reed makes the Redskins offense viable.

Rob Gronkowski has been the primary reason, after Brady, that the Pats have had a top offense.

Same for Greg Olson.

Same for Jason Witten.

Same for Heath Miller when he was in Pitt.

Same for Antonio Gates.

The main issue with TEs is that there are not a ton of really good ones available. So, if you believe that OJ Howard has a chance to be a special TE, he is more valuable than any WR on the board.

We have one, Gresham. And we barely use him as is as an offensive weapon. I honestly dont understand why he stays here. We absolutely should not draft a TE as we do not utilize them. It would be a total waste.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Some on this board are confusing our use of limited TEs like Gresham and Fells with how we would use a top tier one. It is nowhere near the same.

re: Gresham...he is a nice player, but he has never been anything close to special or near the top at his position.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
In Bruce Arians career, other than his years in Arizona and Cleveland, the only times where his TE has been outside of the top 3 in targets is in 2012 w/ the Colts (TEs were 4th and 5th) and then 2008 /w the Steelers when Miller played 14 games.

When Arians has had a legit TE, he has been 3rd on the team in targets and receptions overwhelmingly.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
There is no way Keim goes with a TE at #13...
CB, S, ILB... gotta be one of those positions first. Or, if somehow Williams is available I can see him going WR there. Heck, I would even consider taking Corey Davis at WR before looking at TE...

i dunno -- if he is the best player :kicks off annual BPA vs Need argument:

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In Bruce Arians career, other than his years in Arizona and Cleveland, the only times where his TE has been outside of the top 3 in targets is in 2012 w/ the Colts (TEs were 4th and 5th) and then 2008 /w the Steelers when Miller played 14 games.

When Arians has had a legit TE, he has been 3rd on the team in targets and receptions overwhelmingly.

Theres "can" and "does".

BA's been here 4 years. Has had 4 drafts. Has had 4 FA periods. Gresham isnt Gronk but to say hes not capable of catching 60 balls is ridiculous, as hes done it 3x before, which got him 2 pro bowls as a receiving TE.

Maybe BA used to be a TE OC. But hes not anymore.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
i dunno -- if he is the best player :kicks off annual BPA vs Need argument:

O.J. Howard's production at Alabama has been underwhelming. Some argue that there are too many mouths to feed in the Bama offense, but the same could be said of Jake Butt (Michigan), Jordan Leggett (Clemson) and Evan Engram (Mississippi), all of whom out-performed Howard this season and throughout their careers.

Check out the stats:

O.J. Howard:

2016 41/489/11.9/2TD
Career: 110/1620/6TD

Jake Butt:

46/546/11.9/4TD
138/1646/11TD

Jordan Leggett:

34/641/16.4/7TD
105/1563/18TD

Evan Engram:

65/926/14.2/8TD
162/2320/15TD

Howard's 11.9 yards per catch and 2 TDs this season are especially underwhelming for a TE with his athletic ability. Thus, it is very difficult to determine what his draft projection should be. Would he be the BPA at #13? He sure is a good athlete, but is he a top level football player?

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Would he be the BPA at #13? He sure is a good athlete, but is he a top level football player?

Beyond the fact we dont use TEs, no TE is going to be the BPA at #13. I can name multiple guys who should be available at #13 thatll be BPAs in that situation, so its almost moot to be talking about TEs in the 1st round.

2nd round, 3rd round? feel free. Not 1st

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Jordan Reed makes the Redskins offense viable.

Rob Gronkowski has been the primary reason, after Brady, that the Pats have had a top offense.

Same for Greg Olson.

Same for Jason Witten.

Same for Heath Miller when he was in Pitt.

Same for Antonio Gates.

The main issue with TEs is that there are not a ton of really good ones available. So, if you believe that OJ Howard has a chance to be a special TE, he is more valuable than any WR on the board.
The Cards offense is driven by WRs & the horse carrying & catching the rock !!! TEs IMO will never be a huge factor in this offense.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
NEW #13 OPTION.....and its a QB.....

Josh Allen, Wyoming

Granted, I know little about him. But the chatter is growing. In regards to the Cardinals, he seems to be the perfect BA type. 6'5 225 with a cannon arm. His most common comparison: Big Ben and Brett Favre. Meaning hes a giant, cannon armed, gun slinger. Total BA QB.

Strengths:
Size
Very athletic for size
Cannon arm (I just saw some clips, he threw a 50 yard rope while running to his right. Insane)
Excellent touch
A+ kid, leader, gamer, all that

Concerns:
The Favre-Gun-slinger comparison is not without warts: lots of INTs
Limited experience
Competition level at Wyoming

Cant say whether Im targeting him yet, but theres no question hes a BA QB. so dont be surprised.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1.OJ Howard TE
2.Mike Williams WR
3.Corey Davis WR
4.Jonathan Allen DE
5.Myles Garrett OLB
6.Derek Barnett OLB
7.Rueben Foster ILB
8.Quincy Wilson CB
9.Marlon Humphrey CB
10.**** Tabor CB
11.Sidney Jones CB
12.Jamal Adams S
13.Zach Cunningham ILB

I am pretty good with these options.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
What? No QB,s in your Top 13? Makes the case that there are really 2 different types of Boards: (1) How much you like each player and (2 Who you think will be drafted highest.

Asuming that 2 QB's will be drafted in the top 10, this could push Foster down to #9" in your ranking and Jamal Adams off your Top 13 Board altogether. And speaking of Adams, some might rank Hooker (who also isn't on your top 13) ahead of Adams.

Differences of opinion are what make the draft fun, no?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why do we need a safety in the first? I say we bring back tony J and swearinger and move bucannon back there. How was Sio moore against the rams? I missed the game.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
why do we need a safety in the first? I say we bring back tony J and swearinger and move bucannon back there. How was Sio moore against the rams? I missed the game.
Arians yesterday said bucannon wont change position
Our defense played better against the run after he was put on IR

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Against seattle, Sio moore played very well. If we draft a top ILB to replace Minter I am ok with Moore vs Bucannon and if Moore is similar in talent, move Bucannon back.

Reaction score

We likely can't afford Jefferson & DJ Swearinger. I think it will be one or the other. They'll get paid a lot elsewhere.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We likely can't afford Jefferson & DJ Swearinger. I think it will be one or the other. They'll get paid a lot elsewhere.

I dont think so on Swearinger, hes had 1 good season here. Prior to coming to AZ, he built up a bad reputation around the league. I think he both wants to stay here, and that his market wont be super hot.

Jefferson is gonzos. He deserves his big payday

and anyways theres 2 superb S's in the draft, Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker who Keim might love. So who knows

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Humble Rumble will be the center of this offense for the next several years. If we are running the ball a lot then 2 TE formations would be very helpful. If one of those TE's can block and is a true receiving threat then it makes the offense unstoppable.

Cards could be good with J Browns, JJ Nelson and add one more WR if they have an elite TE. Which they tried to get with the drafting of Niklas.

Drafting Howard at #13 overall isn't my first choice but I get why it's an option.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess Troy Niklas does not make me excited about drafting a TE in the first round although he was a second round pick.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I don't like that he said that. Kind of makes me think Reuben Foster may not be a target. Can the 3-4 have 2 ILB's that weigh under 230? Foster may bulk up but I thought I read he played at 226 this year.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I don't like that he said that. Kind of makes me think Reuben Foster may not be a target. Can the 3-4 have 2 ILB's that weigh under 230? Foster may bulk up but I thought I read he played at 226 this year.

The reason why I think the answer is yes is that the Cardinals want 3 down ILBers and it is pretty hard to find a 245 pound thumper who is also good in coverage. The object of the 34 is to have the front 3 occupy and bottle up the offensive line so that the LBers are free to make plays on the ball. Thus what the cardinals want at ILB are good, fast athletes who are quick to the ball, sure tacklers and sticky in pass coverage.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The reason why I think the answer is yes is that the Cardinals want 3 down ILBers and it is pretty hard to find a 245 pound thumper who is also good in coverage. The object of the 34 is to have the front 3 occupy and bottle up the offensive line so that the LBers are free to make plays on the ball. Thus what the cardinals want at ILB are good, fast athletes who are quick to the ball, sure tacklers and sticky in pass coverage.

So then we can assume Minter is gone?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard