We are stuck with Keim, Kliff and Kyler for a long time...

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is where a lack of self awareness and poor planning comes in. What sort of contributions did they think drafting TWO EDGE players in the 3rd round were really going to be able to make? This is why the misstep with Collins was so bad. So many EDGE players available last year who you could have eased in with Jones still on the roster and instead we took an ILB. Now we are asking mid round rookies to have an immediate role and it puts them in a situation to fail.
This is really kills me about Keim. He’s okay taking the less impactful ILB position in the 1st round while waiting on Day 2 to take a pass-rusher. When in reality, it should be the complete opposite.

That just proves to me that Keim lives in his own bubble compared to most other GMs & he doesn’t believe in positional value.

Even in 2023, he would be the type to draft a Bijan Robinson(a RB), in the first round.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is really kills me about Keim. He’s okay taking the less impactful ILB position in the 1st round while waiting on Day 2 to take a pass-rusher. When in reality, it should be the complete opposite.

That just proves to me that Keim lives in his own bubble compared to most other GMs & he doesn’t believe in positional value.

Even in 2023, he would be the type to draft a Bijan Robinson(a RB), in the first round.
If you sent Keim to the store with $10 to buy milk he would come back with a patio furniture set that he had to finance but claim it was smart because it was 35% off.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Don’t forget forgoing five years (!!!!) of cost control on a WR, OL, or DL to get Hollywood Brown for one year and then give him the bag.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t forget forgoing five years (!!!!) of cost control on a WR, OL, or DL to get Hollywood Brown for one year and then give him the bag.
Do you think the Cards care about cost control after drafting Isaiah/Zaven? Cost control means nothing if you don't get production from the player you drafted.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And as discussed we only needed Hollywood because he blew 3 picks on WR's in the same draft. I think the plan was Rondale would replace Kirk and I'm still ok with that, unless Rondale never gets healthy but at least there was a plan to that pick.

D Hop goes up to 30 million for the last 2 years of his deal 23 and 24. You're going to have given Hollywood a new deal so you have all that money tied up at WR but you had to trade for the 2 big money guys because you missed on WR's in other drafts taking 3 sucky ones and then taking Simmons in a Wr heavy draft.

They DID have a plan with Kirk, Rondale IMO was clearly drafted to replace Kirk if he didn't stay, but so many missed chances at WR.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
And as discussed we only needed Hollywood because he blew 3 picks on WR's in the same draft. I think the plan was Rondale would replace Kirk and I'm still ok with that, unless Rondale never gets healthy but at least there was a plan to that pick.

D Hop goes up to 30 million for the last 2 years of his deal 23 and 24. You're going to have given Hollywood a new deal so you have all that money tied up at WR but you had to trade for the 2 big money guys because you missed on WR's in other drafts taking 3 sucky ones and then taking Simmons in a Wr heavy draft.

They DID have a plan with Kirk, Rondale IMO was clearly drafted to replace Kirk if he didn't stay, but so many missed chances at WR.
Kirk and Brown are interchangeable. Keim just deferred payment on an average starting WR/good slot WR for a year.

What a boob.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirk and Brown are interchangeable. Keim just deferred payment on an average starting WR/good slot WR for a year.

What a boob.

I think Hollywood is better than Kirk but that's just because of the better deep speed. Kirk was solid for us, some really bad drops but he's a good player and had a nice debut I hope he does really well in Jax. But I do think Brown's deep speed will really help us if/when we have all our Wr's healthy and not suspended. Kirk was our best deep threat but I think Brown is better at that.

But he's going to get similar money to Kirk we're going to have in excess of 50 million dollars going to him and D Hop next year.

Keim said they tried to move to get Hollywood in the 19 draft but couldn't so they ended up taking Murphy in the 2nd and then the 3 WR's later all of whom were misses. It is interesting we might have had D Hop(assuming trade still happens) Hollywood and Kirk together for 2 years that would have been pretty impressive.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Hollywood is better than Kirk but that's just because of the better deep speed. Kirk was solid for us, some really bad drops but he's a good player and had a nice debut I hope he does really well in Jax. But I do think Brown's deep speed will really help us if/when we have all our Wr's healthy and not suspended. Kirk was our best deep threat but I think Brown is better at that.

But he's going to get similar money to Kirk we're going to have in excess of 50 million dollars going to him and D Hop next year.

Keim said they tried to move to get Hollywood in the 19 draft but couldn't so they ended up taking Murphy in the 2nd and then the 3 WR's later all of whom were misses. It is interesting we might have had D Hop(assuming trade still happens) Hollywood and Kirk together for 2 years that would have been pretty impressive.

I of course didn't even remember we took Andy over Metcalf.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

If he’s better, it’s only marginally so. Deep speed only matters really on 1-2 targets per game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he’s better, it’s only marginally so. Deep speed only matters really on 1-2 targets per game.

Agreed with a caveat, Kyler throws a great deep ball IMO. One of the big disappointments of many with Andy is his speed has not translated into deep balls. Kirk caught some deep ones as did Green but I am really hopeful we'll get to use that weapon more now with Hollywood. But we gotta get our guys back first, KC for the most part kept a safety over the top

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My brother and I were talking about this idea:

Do you think the Cardinals looked at this year as a quasi reset? Figure out what they had on the roster since there were so many unknowns and carry over some of this year's extra cap?
Uh yeah, it’s why many of us have been talking about them punting on this season for months. But we were routinely told we were out to lunch, there were still a bunch of free agents that we’d sign, yada yada yada . . .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We (a significant part of the board) talked about this all offseason, because it felt like we were punting on the season. You and others made fun of us for this view and defended the roster. I think by now it's pretty clear this team at the very least didn't do all it could to compete. At worst, they completely punted on this season. Which is a disheartening idea, as a horrible losing season will result in no change.
Oh boy the assimilation is now complete. Borg.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I didn't think they would free up cap space like they did. That's when it changed. Why free up so much cap space and not use it? If they resign Murphy, that could be helpful for the future.

I'm also afraid that Bidwill is just a slightly improved version of his father.
I think as he ages the traits of his father begin to evidence themselves.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
It's one game man. Can we have this conversation after maybe 8 games?
I'm actually glad when I look at other teams situations. 1 game and for all anyone knows maybe Cards light up Raiders secondary and rebound. There is stability and some time to work with and compared to what some teams have; I'll take it all day.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm actually glad when I look at other teams situations. 1 game and for all anyone knows maybe Cards light up Raiders secondary and rebound. There is stability and some time to work with and compared to what some teams have; I'll take it all day.

There are obviously some issues. Injuries in particular. Nuk suspension etc but I like large parts of this roster when it's healthy. I don't think it's any worse than last year except maybe at pass rush, for which we will have to see how that plays out.

There were some terrible performances on Sunday but I don't think it's a true reflection of this roster.

The problem might be the schedule. We play a lot of good teams.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope they never sell. And hope you're wrong that we can win with them as owners.
I’ll never understand people who are actually fans of the Bidwills. I can understand if you don’t hate them/think they’re terrible like a lot of us do here, but why do you hope they never sell is odd to me.

Is it Just because they’ve owned the team for so long? If we could get an ownership group that had much deeper pockets that could make the team more competitive every year, your still rather have the Bidwills, who at their best have been able to keep the team competitive for 2 or 3 year stretches at best?

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll never understand people who are actually fans of the Bidwills. I can understand if you don’t hate them/think they’re terrible like a lot of us do here, but to hope they never sell is odd to me.

Why do you hope they never sell? Just because they’ve owned the team for so long? If we could get an ownership group that had much deeper pockets that could make the team more competitive every year, your still rather have the Bidwills, who at their best have been able to keep the team competitive for 2 or 3 year stretches at best?
...twice in a century...

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’ll never understand people who are actually fans of the Bidwills. I can understand if you don’t hate them/think they’re terrible like a lot of us do here, but why do you hope they never sell is odd to me.

Is it Just because they’ve owned the team for so long? If we could get an ownership group that had much deeper pockets that could make the team more competitive every year, your still rather have the Bidwills, who at their best have been able to keep the team competitive for 2 or 3 year stretches at best?
Me too also.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose