WCF Matchups

LavaLamp2

Registered
Reaction score
I am really looking forward to seeing the WCF.

The Lakers will, in all likelihod, advance. Who would you rather that the Lakers face? Spurs or Hornets? Why?

I am really interested to hear the opinions of our resident Lakers fans/experts as well.

Thanks.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lakers have a good chance against the Hornets, as good as the Hornets are playing. Jazz always gets hammered in the "2" spot, and it happens that they are facing the best 2 in the game.

Not good.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer the Hornets, only because I don't like the two headed monster of Parker/Manu. We are ok at solving one of those guys, but those two combined really hurt us.

Then you have Duncan/Kurt/Umberto which is a tough combo of bigs for Pau/Lamar to deal with. Then Bowen would try to injure someone. :)

In short, the Hornets are the better team, IMO, but the Lakers matchup better with them. Vs the nooch, the Lakers do a good job on West, with Lamar's length frustrating him. He's gone under his season average in every game against LA this year...far under in most of the games. They don't have a bevy of solid bigs, but I am scared to death of Peja. With CP3, you have to try and make him either facilitate or score...not both. And stop the backdoor lob which accounts for most of Chandler's offense. The Lakes can do all that.

Either series would be close. I think the Lakers could and would beat the Spurs, but I also have a healthy fear of them and bad memories.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I prefer for my cable to go out during this time period.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
The Lakers will, in all likelihod, advance. Who would you rather that the Lakers face? Spurs or Hornets? Why?
Since the Suns have been eliminated, the only reason for me to watch the NBA at all anymore is to be entertained by some exciting action. This knocks out the Spurs.

IMO, a Lakers-Hornets WCF would be very exciting and watchable basketball, and would probably be better than the Finals (unless it's Lakers-Celtics).

I didn't watch a minute of basketball last year after the Suns were eliminated because none of the teams left did anything for me. It's not like that this year.

I really want the Lakers to lose, just not yet. As much as I don't like them, they are a fun and entertaining team to watch. I could very easily be on board with a 7 game action filled WCF victory against New Orleans followed by a Laker implosion of Celtic proporations in the Finals.

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
As a Laker fan id rather face NO. Very little playoff experience and no game 7 experience. I do believe we have an answer for Peja in Ariza when he finally gets clearance to play. Make Peja attempt to create his shot.......dont let him catch and shoot. Force CP3 to beat you by himself. He and Kobe can wash themselves head to head. I feel with Gasol, Odom, Fish and our bench depth, we have an advantage. Not to mention Phil at the helm.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Lakers vs. Hornets by far is the best match-up.

Maybe then you kill 2 birds w/ one stone. Nullify the MVP & quite all the man love up in this ****...

* not saying it will happen but boy would it be great.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers vs. Hornets by far is the best match-up.

Maybe then you kill 2 birds w/ one stone. Nullify the MVP & quite all the man love up in this ****...

* not saying it will happen but boy would it be great.

Relax clipperfan. Jeez. Hillary losing is driving you over the edge.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I prefer for my cable to go out during this time period.

Hopefully your internet goes out too.

On that note, I prefer to face the Hornets, but that's all assuming we get past the Jazz. Yes, we're up 2-0 but we're going into the hardest place in the NBA to win for the next 2, so forgive me if I'm not celebrating a win just yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92