Washington State v. ASU

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, here we go.

We gotta have a strong rebound game here. WSU has a very bad defense, but their offense is dangerous and can really put up the points, even with their new starting quarterback.

We got pretty beat up in Corvalis. Not sure if Simone will play. I think Richard also go hurt. And I understand that Strong was concussed, which is why he didn't re-enter the game. So a lot of others may have to step up.

I think there is also a ridiculous 11AM start or something like that. So that is going to throw attendance off I am sure, even though this is homecoming.

Go Devils!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Well, here we go.

We gotta have a strong rebound game here. WSU has a very bad defense, but their offense is dangerous and can really put up the points, even with their new starting quarterback.

We got pretty beat up in Corvalis. Not sure if Simone will play. I think Richard also go hurt. And I understand that Strong was concussed, which is why he didn't re-enter the game. So a lot of others may have to step up.

I think there is also a ridiculous 11AM start or something like that. So that is going to throw attendance off I am sure, even though this is homecoming.

Go Devils!

Homecoming?? AZ, wasn't that like 3 weeks ago???

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Heard Graham in his Monday presser mention he believes Kelly isn't 100%... Wow...

But, gotta give the guy credit for taking responsibility for the horrific loss last week, Even said he made a call he's never made before when he chose a blitz, while up 27-21 and got burned on the long TD pass...

Also, kudos to him and the coaching staff for keeping Strong from re-entering the game. He was desperately trying to get back on the field...

Reaction score
I think that if ASU had beaten Oregon St. and the next two that they would likely lose to Oregon in the championship game. Further, as bad as the loss to Oregon St. was, it will be a motivating factor going forward. Not just for this season but next season also. Perhaps enough so that after dominating wins against Wazzu and UofA, and if UCLA loses one of their remaining games, that the Devils would defeat Oregon for the Pac12 championship.

It was great having the attention of being named #6 in the country, but truthfuly it was too high for this years team. Next year there is potential for a National Championship. If if they had gotten into the playoffs, this years Devils were never going to beat the top teams.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, here we go.

Go Devils!

Better than a late game in freezing weather.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strong gonna play?

Since WSU is pretty bad, I would take my chances and not play Strong and hope that you still dominate them. Would rather him be 100% ready for AZ. Knowing him though, it's going to be hard to take him off the field if he is cleared

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Since WSU is pretty bad, I would take my chances and not play Strong and hope that you still dominate them. Would rather him be 100% ready for AZ. Knowing him though, it's going to be hard to take him off the field if he is cleared

Seeing as though the margin for error for the remaining 5 PAC South teams is almost non-existent, you're not going into battle without your best players if you can help it. We saw ASU underestimate OSU, and then they got blindsided in Corvallis. Benching strong for the reasons you mention would be the same thing. Plus, as crappy as WSU had been, they have the potential to put points on the board in a hurry. While I think ASU wins comfortably, I wouldn't take my chances if I were CTG.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
ASU will also be giving away a free poster prior to the game.

For those of you going to the game. Fray will be playing in front of the student section.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
3 and out on opening drive and Kelly, AGAIN, looks like crap....terrible overthrow on 3rd down, missing a wide open receiver... Damn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
And another pathetic 3 and out for Kelly... I think Graham is simply tossing the flag up on this season and has decided he will live and die with Kelly, no matter how horrendous he is. Even though there is still a chance to win the south. Uggghh....

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure why we aren't trying to establish the run game. Don't we want to keep WSU off the field. Everything is a pass to Foster as Strong is out and Foster is in the slot. Why not try Richard or Ballage on the ground?

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its a little tougher go for Kelly with Strong out. That last pass to Foster was right on the money for the most part, Strong would have had it.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
And, another 3 and out... Wow. This offense is flat out putrid!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Wash St about to take it in with 3 mins left in the first quarter. ASU with a nasty -16 total yards of offense!!!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Now 4 possessions = 4 three and outs! We have a total of -24 yards! This is embarrassing....

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only good thing I can say is ASU's punter is doing a good job.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen