Washington Commanders (not Raiders) hire Kliff as OC

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
It should. The cap is a malleable concept. You can spend more actual cash and spend less unde4r the cap if you're creative.
While true to a point. You can, but that is how you end up with bigger dead cap space hits at the end of those contracts if you end up cutting, trading, or voiding that players contract.

Either way that few mil a year isn't going to make or break the signing of any player you might want to sign. This just reeks of another attempt to slam ownership, which there are plenty more good reasons to slam them, no need to puke on non-existent things. IMO

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how KK does as the OC under a strong good HC like Quinn. He will be working with a rookie qb for sure as the Commanders will get one with the 2nd pick in the draft. IMO it is a better job than being the OC for the Raiders under HC Antonio Pierce. Hope he does well.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
While true to a point. You can, but that is how you end up with bigger dead cap space hits at the end of those contracts if you end up cutting, trading, or voiding that players contract.

Either way that few mil a year isn't going to make or break the signing of any player you might want to sign. This just reeks of another attempt to slam ownership, which there are plenty more good reasons to slam them, no need to puke on non-existent things. IMO
True. That's why we need a good GM to navigate these waters, which I hope Monti turns out to be. This offseason will go a long way to determining this.

This just reeks of a silly joke, I hate to tell you. You are blowing it out of proportion, my friend :)

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
There is no way Daniels goes at #2. My God people.

Write it down. He was unquestionably the best QB in college football last season. Look at the game tape and stats for the year. The question is, was this a one year wonder? Some will shy away from him because he only did it one year.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Write it down. He was unquestionably the best QB in college football last season. Look at the game tape and stats for the year. The question is, was this a one year wonder? Some will shy away from him because he only did it one year.
last year..."everybody" swore there was no way Anthony Richardson goes top 10. But then he went top 5.
The NFL is fascinated with the Golden Goose...the Quarterback who runs like Lamar and Passes like Mahomes...all while mentally dissecting a defense like a Manning. Its going to happen. In another 40 years the pocket passer will be obsolete.
these guys now, they are the Dr J, Kareem, Magic Johnson of the NFL,,,soon enough the Jordan will show up and the QB position will become one where superior athleticism is required...

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
Couldn’t care less about what Kliff does going forward tbh. He’s not our guy anymore. What I do care about is if this impacts their draft plans. Are they angling for Caleb? If they stay put, is Daniels or Maye a better fit to throw endless WR screens?

Last edited:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Per schefter on Pat Mcaffe Kliff bailed on Raiders due to only being offered two years and not three.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I think KK has been eyeballed by some in the league for a while. Our organization jumped the shark thinking they were going to land the next Sean McVay/Kyle Shanahan. They tried to convince everyone of it too, which is laughable. The effects of alcohol and impulsive behavior can be both hard as well as predictable to witness. I can’t begrudge KK for taking the HC job here; anyone in his shoes would have done it.

I think KK is right where he needs to be. I’ll be interested to see where he takes Washington. I definitely see the commanders making moves for Caleb. I hope the best for KK.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think KK has been eyeballed by some in the league for a while. Our organization jumped the shark thinking they were going to land the next Sean McVay/Kyle Shanahan. They tried to convince everyone of it too, which is laughable. The effects of alcohol and impulsive behavior can be both hard as well as predictable to witness. I can’t begrudge KK for taking the HC job here; anyone in his shoes would have done it.

I think KK is right where he needs to be. I’ll be interested to see where he takes Washington. I definitely see the commanders making moves for Caleb. I hope the best for KK.
Man, I hope not. If Chicago trades down to 2 I feel like they’re picking MHJ and not Maye.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard