Warriors @ Suns Wednesday game thread 11-16-2022

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The specter of Benoit Benjamin is growing stronger and stronger with Ayton every game.

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score
Ayton never fights to establish really low position as he’s fine with settling for short hooks and jump shots.

He should be walking into 10 rebounds a game for his size, but lacks the fire. How many times last night did we see Torrey sprinting from the three point line to gobble up a rebound.

Ayton is who he is and that’s a guy that plays one good game out of every 6-7. I’m totally fine with moving on from him at this point.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, what happened to all that Suns camp talk about making Ayton more part of the offense? It appears his usage rate is about the same?! Seems like Ayton is very much a rhythm type guy. If he has it, he plays well. If not? He disappears. He seems to have regressed instead of being made more apart of the Suns offensive play calling this season.

The Suns better figure out Ayton pretty quick because we need some consistency at that position. Landale/Biz isn't the answer either.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could be happy with the Ayton we saw in the Finals against the Bucks.

The Suns could use a high-powered center, but they really don't need one. They are paying for more than he is giving.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, what happened to all that Suns camp talk about making Ayton more part of the offense? It appears his usage rate is about the same?! Seems like Ayton is very much a rhythm type guy. If he has it, he plays well. If not? He disappears. He seems to have regressed instead of being made more apart of the Suns offensive play calling this season.

The Suns better figure out Ayton pretty quick because we need some consistency at that position. Landale/Biz isn't the answer either.

The Suns went to Ayton to start the 2nd half, trying to get him more involved. It's not like they don't try. If he could be more aggressive on at least one end of the court, it would help. I'd be happy if he concentrated on defense and rebounding.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He also just has bad reaction time on defense for a center. His rotations are always a step behind and if he misses one, he then stops and watches instead of immediately getting back into the play.

I’m done with him. His potential has always been a lure because if he ever met it, we’d be unstoppable, but this is year 5 and he’s pretty much the exact same player he’s almost always been, if not worse.

This is why it makes me think he smokes too much

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He also just has bad reaction time on defense for a center. His rotations are always a step behind and if he misses one, he then stops and watches instead of immediately getting back into the play.

I’m done with him. His potential has always been a lure because if he ever met it, we’d be unstoppable, but this is year 5 and he’s pretty much the exact same player he’s almost always been, if not worse.
He watches the ball like a dog watches a hummingbird. IDK wtf that is.
If he was a #9+ pick id be thrilled, but that dude was the #1 pick.

He needs a kick in the ass, but who the hell is big enough to do that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Kerr's described his team's performance as "Drew League." I had to look up what that is. Pretty insulting comparison: a Los Angeles exhibition team during the 2011 lockout.

It's an annual league in LA not just the 2011 year. Some pros play but mostly non pros and college kids. What he meant was the guys weren't moving the ball they were taking the first open shot they got. His comment was part of why teams are shooting so well against us is we don't make them work on defense so they're not tired when they're on offense. You could see that last night in several of the runs, Warriors come down take a quick 3, miss and then the Suns come down move the ball get an open shot.

The other issue of course is every offensive board the Suns got led to a made 3 it seemed, small teams have to rebound, they didn't and it cost them the game. JaMychal Green had a big shot last night and blew it. Got dominated by Landale

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

If they made him more part of the offense they'd lose more games.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they made him more part of the offense they'd lose more games.
Likely but they talked about making him more a part of the regular offense. I don't see a big difference from last year in terms of play calling. They always give him early touches then run everything through Book. I guess CP3 being hurt doesn't help because most of Ayton's rolls to the basket came on assists from CP3.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr