Warning Mitch Article

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Don't worry, Mitch is reading this thread.....and the rest of the threads lol

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler did talk early in off season about asking Petzing to keep some concepts he liked from Kliff's offense. I was skeptical it would happen, but seeing the differences between our offense and what the Browns run, Petzing 100% complied with that request.

"Yet, when Kliff asked Bidwill for a new DC and OL coach —- Bidwill refused. What a sandbagging."

I don't remember this, that is interesting. It sucks that Kliff was stuck with Vance, I'm glad Gannon has a ton of connections and can put together his own staff.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler did talk early in off season about asking Petzing to keep some concepts he liked from Kliff's offense. I was skeptical it would happen, but seeing the differences between our offense and what the Browns run, Petzing 100% complied with that request.

"Yet, when Kliff asked Bidwill for a new DC and OL coach —- Bidwill refused. What a sandbagging."

I don't remember this, that is interesting. It sucks that Kliff was stuck with Vance, I'm glad Gannon has a ton of connections and can put together his own staff.

Remember, Mitch knows exactly what goes on inside Hardy Drive despite living in New England.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
things that probably weren't an issue:

Kiffs route designs
Kliffs play calling

things that were an issue:

Team discipline and attention to detail
Run designs and how they connected to pass plays

Bidwill/ Keim did him no favors: basically picking his staff out, making it clear Murray was "the franchise" ,etc. Utter disfunction in the FO and organization.

Kliff likely had poor management skills to begin with and the setup only made it worse.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree with his conclusion, didn't read the rest.

Conclusion:

Was Kliff Kingsbury an ideal head coach?

No.

Was Kliff Kingsbury given the best chance to succeed in Arizona?

No.

Does Kliff Kingsbury deserve to be denigrated and ridiculed by Cardinals’ fans?

No.

Does Kliff Kingsbury deserve at least some of the blame for the team’s collapse in 2022?

Yes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn