Warner -- Bernie Williams Analogy

BLRIGHT

Reaction score
I'm from the East Coast, and I have a theory. During the NY Yankees playoff run, Bernie Williams became a free agent and the Red Sox threw a lot of money at him.

He was basically ready to sign the deal, but he called George Steinbrenner right before and took just a little less from the Yankees and stayed.

I think that's exactly what's going to happen here. 49s will offer 3 years at $14 million with $16.5 million guaranteed.

Kurt comes back for 2 years, $25 million, $17 million guaranteed.

I don't think we'll be in suspense for long.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm from the East Coast, and I have a theory. During the NY Yankees playoff run, Bernie Williams became a free agent and the Red Sox threw a lot of money at him.

He was basically ready to sign the deal, but he called George Steinbrenner right before and took just a little less from the Yankees and stayed.

I think that's exactly what's going to happen here. 49s will offer 3 years at $14 million with $16.5 million guaranteed.

Kurt comes back for 2 years, $25 million, $17 million guaranteed.

I don't think we'll be in suspense for long.

I'd be fine with that as long as all the guaranteed money is this season.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. I have a feeling that is also what he is doing.

I hope we don't fall for it.

Draw a line in the sand with the 10M and take it or leave it. I personally think 10M is generous.

I'd rather go with Leinart, a resigned Q and a resigned Dansby with the 10M we would have spent on Warner.