Vikings Sign Byron Murphy

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seriously. What a disgusting loss at that price.

Kylers contract kicks in next season…… Maybe Mikey needs to Jack up the prices now and rake in the profits to make it worthwhile? Because I don’t know what the eff we are doing here.
Maybe the plan is to restructure Kyler's contract so he has an absurd cap hit in 2023, but is really cheap the rest of the deal? Maybe we just let everyone good walk, sign the bare minimum to get to 53 and spend the remaining space on Kyler. Can we do that? I can't think of another good reason for why we are doing this.

OP
OP
Dayman

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One where you concentrate on rebuilding through the draft and fixing your cap
What is wrong with the cap? They have $11.5 million in dead money this year, and only 6 guys have cap hits of over $5 million next year.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For those assuming its an obvious tank.

Just remember people thought the Seahawks were a lock top 2 pick. And the year before people assumed the Eagles during Sirianni's 1st year would be picking top 3. Both made the playoffs.

If we're well coached, find some gems then things change quickly.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the plan is to restructure Kyler's contract so he has an absurd cap hit in 2023, but is really cheap the rest of the deal? Maybe we just let everyone good walk, sign the bare minimum to get to 53 and spend the remaining space on Kyler. Can we do that? I can't think of another good reason for why we are doing this.
We don’t have enough money left in the cap to give him an absurd cap number this year….. we got to be somewhere around 20 million now after signing seven people today… Or maybe even under and you still have the rookie pool…. And we still need more players to fill out the roster.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im still Team Monti and Gannon. Not Debbie Downer Card like K9 and Chop.

You must be registered for see images attach

I do think if the Cardinals and Kyler could part ways they would. Running it with back with same Oline, new playcaller and no DHOP. Yea he's not going to be in a rush to get back on the field.
Yeah… I’ll be surprised if he comes back this season considering the drek it seems like we’re purposefully going to put on the field.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Well, he is suppose to have back problems. He better be in traction midway into the season... just jesting, but you get my point lol

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For those assuming its an obvious tank.

Just remember people thought the Seahawks were a lock top 2 pick. And the year before people assumed the Eagles during Sirianni's 1st year would be picking top 3. Both made the playoffs.

If we're well coached, find some gems then things change quickly.
I guess there are no excuses then.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I expected them gone too, but for way higher prices.

Both guys came in at what I thought we could sign them for last season.

Short duration too. Insane. Never thought we'd lose them for peanuts.

Exactly. After so many failed picks, two that actually panned out were let go for reasonable compensation. No excuse for not retaining at least one of them

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Here's a question to ponder...guys in the media, like Rapport, are reporting these as Murphy and Allen being 'big-time' defenders or big time signings...but if either of these guys were leaving the Vikings or Broncos to sign with AZ, would they really be considered big time? I don't think so.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a question to ponder...guys in the media, like Rapport, are reporting these as Murphy and Allen being 'big-time' defenders or big time signings...but if either of these guys were leaving the Vikings or Broncos to sign with AZ, would they really be considered big time? I don't think so.
They called the Waller trade a “blockbuster” I was like huh? An oft injured 31 year old TE at start of coming season for a 3rd rounder is a blockbuster???

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose