Vikings at Cardinals gameday thread 9-19-2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Last year against Buffalo.
That wasn’t lucky. Kyler had to elude pass rushers and throw to the right spot. Hopkins had to outbattle DBs for the ball. Was it improbable? Absolutely. But those were physical plays our players had to make. It wasn’t lucky. The ball didn’t ricochet off someone’s hands fall by accident into Hopkins hands. This, the kick was entirely out of our control. We had to get lucky their kicker missed. This was by far a luckier win.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, I was totally wrong about the cards easily winning, but thankfully they still won, no matter how ugly. kicking is part of the game. Nobody would even be saying cards deserved to lose if the dude missed a 37 yarder in the first half.

prater won the game for us and earned his contact today.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We played just a point better than the other team, so in that sense we deserve it. But we didn’t go and take the w at the end. We had to count on them giving it to us, so it doesn’t feel as “deserved.” Does that make sense?
I know what you meant, I just always thought it was a dumb thing to say, & that’s not a shot against you, I’m just saying in general.

We didn’t dominate like most would assume, but we still put up the most up at the end of the day. That’s just as “deserving” as beating a team by 40.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know what you meant, I just always thought it was a dumb thing to say, & that’s not a shot against you, I’m just saying in general.

We didn’t dominate like most would assume, but we still put up the most up at the end of the day. That’s just as “deserving” as beating a team by 40.
I get it. And you’re right - you finish up 1 you deserved to win. The other team has to outperform you. It just doesn’t feel like it was earned bc we had to rely on their miscue to get the w.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I was totally wrong about the cards easily winning, but thankfully they still won, no matter how ugly. kicking is part of the game. Nobody would even be saying cards deserved to lose if the dude missed a 37 yarder in the first half.

prater won the game for us and earned his contact today.
No easy games in this league

Jags are next and that is not an easy game

Especially with the way we played today

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Vikings were ready to beat us, Zimmer forced Cooks down our throat even if it wasn't beneficial for Cooks for the rest of the season. Vikings wanted to win badly.

Kyler had 2 mayor mistakes, 2 lesser ones in the end of the game.
Green had two crucial drops, that could have changed many things.

overall the D sleep walked the first half, than come to live in the third and showed up in the last quarter.

Titans killed Seattle because they willed them over Seattle. So basically you can't count any team out in the first 4-6 games since it is to early to know who is really good and who isn't. Todays Vikings would have won last week easily, todays Cards would have lost against the Titans because we didn't make any turnover or 1 sack overall 0.5 chandler and .5 golden or so.

We got away with a win, at the end of the season nobody ask you how you got to the post season, you have to get there.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
I’d venture to guess that the odds greatly favored us losing in that situation. We didn’t stop them when necessary, they messed up. I don’t consider that earned as much as a gift. Yes we had to be in position to benefit from the gift, but we didn’t so much win due to our effort.
Could of been the cards that missed FG situation. I'll take it everyday of the week. But they have some work to do for sure

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Titans killed Seattle because they willed them over Seattle. So basically you can't count any team out in the first 4-6 games since it is to early to know who is really good and who isn't. Todays Vikings would have won last week easily, todays Cards would have lost against the Titans because we didn't make any turnover or 1 sack overall 0.5 chandler and .5 golden or so.

We got away with a win, at the end of the season nobody ask you how you got to the post season, you have to get there.
This

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
I guess KK doesn't know what it means to run the clock down before we give 'em the ball back.
1st - Have Murray run out of bounds.
2nd - call a pass play and get sacked
3rd - hey, let's pass again before we punt.

I saw the worst coaches decisions at later part of 4th quarters this weekend than I ever had. Starting with college coaches not being able to do math and going for 2 when getting 1 point would prove more beneficial. And like KK, totally inept at running time off when your're ahead. Some of the college coaches I watched last night were an embarrassment to coaches.
With that dogshit defensive performance, is there any way you're wanting to give the ball back to MIN? I say no and we proved why -- the goal of that last possession should have been stay aggressive, get first downs, and learn not to **** your pants under pressure.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With that dogshit defensive performance, is there any way you're wanting to give the ball back to MIN? I say no and we proved why -- the goal of that last possession should have been stay aggressive, get first downs, and learn not to **** your pants under pressure.
Stop crying we won the damn game

last year when Zane couldn’t hit a clutch FG to save his life you think those teams and fans were crying that they deserved to lose. This is the NFL yeah sometimes you just barely get by. Take the W be happy and go on to the next week

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some of you folks crack me up. Yes, we were fortunate at the end. But, give the Vikings their due. They had ZERO turnovers & Cousins wasn’t touched all day. They were in desperation mode & played like it. Murray completed 81% of his passes for 400 yards, threw 3 touchdown, and ran for another. And ran for 30 yards also. The picks almost cost us the game, and he has to clean that up in order to stay in the MVP discussion. I couldn’t fathom how bad this team would be without him.