Video-Game-A-Day #26: Warcraft 3- The Reign of Chaos

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
After years of fighting, the Alliance of Humans, Dwarfs and High Elves achieves a tenuous victory over their enemies of the Horde, the Orc and the Trolls. The Horde are placed in internment camps in the Arathi Highlands on the outskirts of the Kingdom of Lorderon. However, the winds of change once again blow through the lands of Azeroth. A prophet convinces young Orc battle cheif Thrall to lead his people across the ocean fo Kalimdor, convincing him it is the only way to save his people. The Prophet tries to reach Prince Arthas, a young Palidin, and heir to the throne of Lorderon. Arthas believes that himself, fellow palidin Uther Lightbringer and mage Jaina Proudmoore can stop whatever evil forces lurk.

Meanwhile, a mysterious plague spreads through Lorderon, destroying Andorhol, Brill, Strathlome and Cear Darrow. Arthas, Uther and Jaina track the source of the plague to a group of undead, under the command of Mel'Ganis. Arthas is once again told to leave for Kalimdor, but is driven mad by vengence. He succumbs to the power of the Litch King and kills his father, King of Lorderon and lays waste to Lorderon. Jaina heeds the warnings of the Prophet and takes her people to the shores of Kalimdor.

In Kalimdor the Humans, Dwarfs, High Elves, Night Elves, Orc, Trolls and Tauren form a tenious alliance in an attempt to stop Arthas and the rest of the Undead from destroying the World Tree and all life on the planet.

This game is awesome. On the surface it seems like a typical real time strategy game with some twists. In this game your forces are lead by a hero, who levels as you kill your enemies. Your hero learns new skills with each level and can equip items to make him stronger. On missions, you can choose to undertake several side quests (See the person with the yellow exclamation mark). These side quests gives your hero more EXP and usually some sort of item. For those of us who play World of Warcraft, this should seem oddly familiar. War3 was a ton of fun to play online, and had a fantastic story line. I strongly reccomend it to anyone who plays WOW and fans of RTS games.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I guess I lose my last day... but this game looks good so thats cool with me! :)

OP
OP
HeavyB3

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
I guess I lose my last day... but this game looks good so thats cool with me! :)

Eh, I don't follow no schedule.. lol
I was bored at 1am and felt like doing one.. so you can do one today too if you want :)

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Just giving you a hard time. :)

I was going to do Golgo 13. I'll leave it for someone else.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heavy, I thought this week was my week? :)

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SCHEDULE:
1) HeavyB3: 3/7
2) dreamcastrocks: 3/13
3) Chaplin: 3/20
4) BIM: 3/27
5) D-Dogg: 4/3
6) abomb: 4/10
7) Evil Ash: 4/17