Veep! HBO's new comedy series

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find this show hilarious. There are some great lines. I find myself watching it delayed On Demand or saved, so I can rewind over some of those lines and make sure I heard them the first time. Julia Louse Dreyfus finally got something, after Seinfeld, to use her talents. Her Selina Meyer VP character is right there behind Elaine Benes. It is profane and funny. Crazy cast of characters.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
The show right now is hitting on all cylinders for me. The supporting cast is great and Elaine (I can't call her anything else lol) is awesomely dumb, sharp, clumsy, and self-involved all at once.

Her reactions to the POTUS having a heart attack and then not having a heart attack were awesome. Though the end scene with the yogurt was great (who doesn't like a good poop joke).

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
T Though the end scene with the yogurt was great (who doesn't like a good poop joke).

That scene was time to just laugh out loud. Trying to walk down the steps, then being carried ( dangled) because she didn't dare uncross her legs, and the unceremoniously tossing her into the limo where the inevitable occurred was outstanding. The facial expressions alone told the painful story.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i find this show painfully unfunny. It's nails on a chalkboard for me, ala that horrific Lisa Kudrow show "The Comeback" HBO aired 5 years ago.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Hoping you watched this last episode Wally.

The scene in the room full of her pictures and stores and her telling her daughter not everything is about her was hilarious.

I wonder if the introduction thing really is like that. Somebody whispers random trivia to you so you can share a nice little sentiment with random guests.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoping you watched this last episode Wally.

The scene in the room full of her pictures and stores and her telling her daughter not everything is about her was hilarious.

I wonder if the introduction thing really is like that. Somebody whispers random trivia to you so you can share a nice little sentiment with random guests.

Oh yeah.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Probably my favorite new show on tv. Loved when the daughter said 'who invited the guy with police sketch rapist face.'

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Loved episodes 1 & 3. #2 was slow IMO. #3 was insanely funny.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I must have only seen #2 then. I thought it was boring. Maybe I should give it another shot.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn