Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Crow might have an about face when he wakes up to realize that his only options are the Big-12, the rotting corpse of the Pac-XX or the MWC.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's crazy that schools like Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana, Rutgers, and Maryland will be making close to $100M a year while the Pac 12 and Big 12 schools will be lucky to get over $30M.

How long before the Big 10 and SEC force out their Vanderbilts or force an unequal revenue share in their conferences?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don’t force out teams that represent “easy” wins because the time is coming where FCS teams will no longer play the teams in the super conferences. I’m not saying it can’t happen I just don’t believe it will happen

It’s possible they could go to unequal revenue sharing but my guess is it would still be financially advantageous for the Vanderbilts of the world to take it

TJ

Reaction score
It's crazy that schools like Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana, Rutgers, and Maryland will be making close to $100M a year while the Pac 12 and Big 12 schools will be lucky to get over $30M.

How long before the Big 10 and SEC force out their Vanderbilts or force an unequal revenue share in their conferences?
Vandy has the best baseball program in the SEC and is arguably the best academic institution in the conference. I cant see a situation in which Vandy is purged.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vandy has the best baseball program in the SEC and is arguably the best academic institution in the conference. I cant see a situation in which Vandy is purged.
Plus it is in Nashville, the heart of SEC Country, major hub and destination.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is all about football. A university's baseball program has zero bearing on realignment. I'm not saying they'll get kicked out, but they are freeloading in football which drives 90% of realignment.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Football is driving reassignment for sure but the SEC has dumped a piss ton of money into baseball. Vanderbilt is safe because they are beatable in football and always have good baseball and even decent basketball

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
USC (and UCLA, too) are really going to regret ignoring the old axiom "if it aint broke, don't fix it." They are both going to slide into irrelevance once they join the Big 10. They should have had a long talk with Nebraska before they made that decision.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
USC (and UCLA, too) are really going to regret ignoring the old axiom "if it aint broke, don't fix it." They are both going to slide into irrelevance once they join the Big 10. They should have had a long talk with Nebraska before they made that decision.

Let them swim with the big fish.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In case you missed it, here's the highlights. Loved how USC was chirping all game, but finally got shut up in the 2nd half. Just destroyed.

TJ

Reaction score
The shade is just *chef’s kiss*

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deion Sanders as head coach to Colorado? This would be a great signing for them.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Deion Sanders as head coach to Colorado? This would be a great signing for them.

Yes, great get for Co. I expect this will be a steppingstone for Prime in the long run, but he should be able to bring in talent and elevate the program while he is there. Could result in even more parity for the PAC__. Or as some like to call it, more "circle of suck" with everyone beating everyone, lol

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PAC is in trouble. All signs point to steaming as main game content provider for the league and suddenly the games will be harder for some to find. If they go Apple TV, I am not sure I will as yet another streaming service.

What that also hurts is the casual drive by viewers who as eyes via cable.

Once again the PAC has completely crapped on themselves and removed all their flexibility and negotiating room.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PAC is in trouble. All signs point to steaming as main game content provider for the league and suddenly the games will be harder for some to find. If they go Apple TV, I am not sure I will as yet another streaming service.

What that also hurts is the casual drive by viewers who as eyes via cable.

Once again the PAC has completely crapped on themselves and removed all their flexibility and negotiating room.

That sounds like a crazy business move. Why limit your audience like that? I for one am with you, no Apple TV please.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That sounds like a crazy business move. Why limit your audience like that? I for one am with you, no Apple TV please.
Specifically, I have been hearing Apple TV as the main negotiations. CBS has pulled out and ESPN wants only a limited number of games to fill night slots. Fox is a no go apparently.

Just a mess. The sad thing in, with the expanded playoff it would be optimal to stay in the PAC as a way to get to the postseason but I’m not sure it makes sense for ASU to not seriously consider a move to Big12

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Specifically, I have been hearing Apple TV as the main negotiations. CBS has pulled out and ESPN wants only a limited number of games to fill night slots. Fox is a no go apparently.

Just a mess. The sad thing in, with the expanded playoff it would be optimal to stay in the PAC as a way to get to the postseason but I’m not sure it makes sense for ASU to not seriously consider a move to Big12

I am going to have to take a serious look at my streaming budget. I have kind of been letting it slide with the Suns hopefully on the rise, but I am thinking I already have too many services for a tightwad like me. Sling is pretty good since I can watch/record PAC12 network. Do you know when the deal with PAC12 Network expires?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose