USC/UCLA leaving Pac12 for Big10?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
To where?

Is the Big 12 better than the remaining 10 teams?

I don’t think so.

Grab San Diego St. Try to get 1-3 of the Big 12 members

Considering Oregon and UW are also actively trying to relocate, yes. It’s survival of the fittest because you don’t know what other schools will leave. The conference, even with the LA schools, is in bad shape. Imagine alone the TV revenue schools would get with being in the Big-12 compared to the PAC-12.

As for SDSU, the stance may change now, but the pac-12 has never had interest

TJ

Reaction score
UofA should bolt for the Big-12 immediately. The basketball rivalries with Baylor, Kansas, Houston (2023 Big-12 entry), WVU, and Texas Tech would be awesome.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering Oregon and UW are also actively trying to relocate, yes. It’s survival of the fittest because you don’t know what other schools will leave. The conference, even with the LA schools, is in bad shape. Imagine alone the TV revenue schools would get with being in the Big-12 compared to the PAC-12.

As for SDSU, the stance may change now, but the pac-12 has never had interest
But does the B1G want them?

They are holding out for Notre Dame, and then North Carolina.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Reaction score
Most likely outcome based on the vibes: UofA, ASU, Colorado, and Utah to the Big-12.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most likely outcome based on the vibes: UofA, ASU, Colorado, and Utah to the Big-12.

Some questions:

Who does the BIG 10 add with ND if they finally commit to a conference?
What happens to Cal, Stanford, Washington, and Oregon.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will be good for the basketball programs as the Big 12 has strong programs, good performance in the tournaments.

But it is not good for the football programs. The revenue will not be much better, IMO. The conference games, without Oklahoma and Texas, will B list.

TJ

Reaction score
What is the mood over on the Arizona boards?
Arizona is not waiting around for anyone. It’s survival of the fittest. If UofA gets an offer to relocate to another P5 conference, they’re gone

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona is not waiting around for anyone. It’s survival of the fittest. If UofA gets an offer to relocate to another P5 conference, they’re gone
Subject to Board of Regents approval, which UA has three of nine votes.

UA can't move without that approval.

TJ

Reaction score
Subject to Board of Regents approval, which UA has three of nine votes.

UA can't move without that approval.
The ABOR isn’t going to get in the way. If Arizona wants to move, it’ll move. The ABOR rarely gets in the way of these things

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ABOR isn’t going to get in the way. If Arizona wants to move, it’ll move. The ABOR rarely gets in the way of these things
Last conference move wouldn't have occurred without ASU. No chance UA moves if ASU doesn't get invited as well (if they want to go).

TJ

Reaction score
Last conference move wouldn't have occurred without ASU. No chance UA moves if ASU doesn't get invited as well (if they want to go).
The WAC wasn’t imploding like the PAC-12 is now. The ABOR isn’t going to let any of it schools hang in the balance. I don’t think Heeke and Robbins give two ***** about the ABOR today

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This will be good for the basketball programs as the Big 12 has strong programs, good performance in the tournaments.

But it is not good for the football programs. The revenue will not be much better, IMO. The conference games, without Oklahoma and Texas, will B list.
BIG 12 baseball is pretty solid too.

It makes sense for the Big 12 and Pac 12 to merge whatever teams are leftover because once the BIG 10 and SEC get done raiding the ACC of all of their premier programs, the Big PAC will be the 3rd best conference albeit a distant third, but third nonetheless.

Virginia, North Carolina, GT, Clemson, FSU, and maybe Miami will all likely get gobbled up.

Wake Forest, Pitt, BC, Duke, NC State, Syracuse, Louisville, and VT will likely be on the outside.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BIG 12 baseball is pretty solid too.

It makes sense for the Big 12 and Pac 12 to merge whatever teams are leftover because once the BIG 10 and SEC get done raiding the ACC of all of their premier programs, the Big PAC will be the 3rd best conference albeit a distant third, but third nonetheless.

Virginia, North Carolina, GT, Clemson, FSU, and maybe Miami will all likely get gobbled up.

Wake Forest, Pitt, BC, Duke, NC State, Syracuse, Louisville, and VT will likely be on the outside.
Yeah, basically they are forced to.

We will see what happens with the remaining Pacific Coast schools.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Considering UA is the Harvard of the west maybe they join the Ivy League.

Stanford and Cal would be good additions to the Ivy League, if we’re being honest. Got accepted to Berkeley, but went to the Harvard of the west on a full scholarship instead.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
So instead of trying to work something out with the Big 12, PAC 12 instead is talking about expanding. So hello San Diego State, Fresno State, San Jose State, and if they are lucky Boise State? Conference of Champions!

• Sad
Reactions: TJ

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So instead of trying to work something out with the Big 12, PAC 12 instead is talking about expanding. So hello San Diego State, Fresno State, San Jose State, and if they are lucky Boise State? Conference of Champions!
Hello MAC of the west!

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well I think the PAC 12 will make calls to all of the BIG 12 teams who were calling the PAC 12 less than 12 months ago asking for a life raft as the BIG 12 appeared to be sinking.

Unfortunately, the tables have turned and the PAC 12 no longer offers stability. Once that reality sets in they may look at MWC schools that don't move the needle at all.

Notre Dame is the linchpin that the BIG 10 is waiting on before they take any further action as they have already mortally wounded the PAC 12 by taking the LA market. They know they have all of the remaining schools in their back pocket, and I think it's likely they want at least 2 more west coast schools to limit some travel. Oregon and UW are the most likely candidates. I could see CU being appealing to bridge the West Coast geographically. Arizona would be appealing if they owned the Phoenix market. The Bay area schools offer prestige, academics, and tradition but not much else.

I also think the BIG 10 has aspirations of stretching down the Atlantic coast to Virginia and North Carolina as well.

TJ

Reaction score
FWIW

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
FWIW

Huge win for the Big 12 if true considering they were on the brink not even a year ago. You can't sit around because Oregon and UW and the Bay Area schools have no loyalty and will leave you high and dry without a 2nd thought. Put the pressure on them by moving first.

Reactions: TJ

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose