Update: AQ Shipley has Torn ACL

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh man. Gaahhhh! One starter down. O Line is going to make all the difference for us as it does every year as experience has shown us. Intact for the season, double digit wins. 4/5 down, struggle for 7 wins.

Time for Boehm and Cole to show who they are.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Shipley - ACL injury - out for the season.

Damn...Cole must have some Voodoo power! Unbelievable record of starting as a freshman/rookie at every level (presuming he does here as well).

Feel bad for AQ.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I like AQ, but he has his physical limitations and was, at best, average.

From what I know about Cole, he's durable, smart, and has decent technique. If Cole takes TC and preseason seriously, this may be a blessing in disguise.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I like AQ, but he has his physical limitations and was, at best, average.

From what I know about Cole, he's durable, smart, and has decent technique. If Cole takes TC and preseason seriously, this may be a blessing in disguise.
Absolutely

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
You draft guys and dang it, they should be expected to fulfill their selection. This goes for other positions as well, meaning Chad Williams better produce too or you simply need to change your scouting staff and how you handle the draft

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Oh man, I didn't realize Shipley is 32yr old. This might be it for him. That sucks.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Challenges:

Do Cole, Munyer and Boehm give us enough depth?

Can we develop anyone else on our roster to step in at OC?

What about free agency?

This is an example of why the back-end of your roster needs to have more players with higher floors ready to step up at each position.

Mr. Murphy lurks in the shadows of each roster position.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um... My thread is about the Mason Cole Era beginning, not sure why it has been changed to "AQ Shipley tore MCL" as the thread title

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching cole being bull rushed by tasoni pasini doesnt look promising
Hopefully he just lost his balance during 1vs1 drill

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Losing Shipley is never a good thing even if he is considered average. It's one less player to play the center position. Depth is always a good thing.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
This sucks for AQ. He finally gets a chance to prove himself and imo did as well as he could. At 32 he may be done

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
If Mason Cole doesn't work out, you probably see Boehm. If Mason does work out, they don't worry about Center for 4 years while maneuvering at even more expensive positions. Boehm is a victim of the last regime not giving him an opportunity and now he is a victim of timing, if they have a 4 year option, they are going with the 4 year option (especially since the 2 year option doesn't really have a trqack record due to the way he was used under the previous regime.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It does stink that AQ is out for the season, but if it was going to happen, this was the best time for it to happen. This gives whoever is going to replace him time to work in the position.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I have to agree that this is the best time for this injury. Both Cole and Boehm get all the reps all preseason to get ready. I am Looking forward to seeing them both at center and see if one of them becomes the solid starter that we need at the position.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I have to agree that this is the best time for this injury. Both Cole and Boehm get all the reps all preseason to get ready. I am Looking forward to seeing them both at center and see if one of them becomes the solid starter that we need at the position.
Boehm isn't on the depth chart at Center...it's Cole and Munyer right now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So the projected starting OL going into the season that missed a combined 39 games last year just lost its most durable player.
Oh boy. Good observation.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk