Update: AQ Shipley has Torn ACL

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aww Shipley carted off today with a towel over his head.

Mason Cole has played in every game conesquetively since he was in high school .

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope he's okay. Center is a tough-ass position to man as a rookie.
Shipley reminds me forcibly of Sendlein. Not a positional star, but stable and reliable on a game by game basis. He was there every game the last two years while the rest of the line went down in flames to injury horribly.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It almost seems like fate that he starts day one with his history of never missing a game in HS and starting as a true freshman in college. I just hope he is ready for the possible challenge as its never a good thing when a player is carted off the field with a towel over their head.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
AQ Has been one of our best linemen the last two years. Too much hate imo

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I hope he's okay. Center is a tough-ass position to man as a rookie.
Shipley reminds me forcibly of Sendlein. Not a positional star, but stable and reliable on a game by game basis. He was there every game the last two years while the rest of the line went down in flames to injury horribly.
At least Sendlein was part of 2 dynamic offenses for us despite what grades or fans say about AQ.

Imo this might be a blessing in disguise although I don’t like seeing anyone hurt. Don’t rule out Boehm either because C is his natural position

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AQ is an average C overall. He gets pushed back quite easily on pass plays and has no push on run plays. He is valuable because he is a veteran who knows the playbook.

I would like to see if Cole can step in and improve the pass protection and get some push on run plays. Hopefully pushing AQ to the backup role.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
What I want to understand is why Evan Boehm, who by all accounts is a smart, hard-working natural center, not ready to assume the effing position after 3 seasons???

This is supposed to be his job and he already had the rookie usurp him and take his snaps. Might as well cut him already if they have no plans to play him at the position he was drafted to play. He’s not a guard.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AQ Has been one of our best linemen the last two years. Too much hate imo

No hate yere but...next man up. The future is now.

What I want to understand is why Evan Boehm, who by all accounts is a smart, hard-working natural center, not ready to assume the effing position after 3 seasons???

This is supposed to be his job and he already had the rookie usurp him and take his snaps. Might as well cut him already if they have no plans to play him at the position he was drafted to play. He’s not a guard.

I would agree however Mason is a better prospect coming out and could be why he has taken the spot already, plus he was drafted under the new regime.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Isn't it extremely disappointing that Evan Boehm isn't even getting a look at Center? I mean...... Has he been totally written off at this point?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The last coaching staff moved Boehm to guard and this coaching staff is keeping him there. That's obviously his NFL position, for whatever reason they are all seeing, if he has one.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Boehm may be on the bubble in regards to even making the team. He has been a disappointment.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't it extremely disappointing that Evan Boehm isn't even getting a look at Center? I mean...... Has he been totally written off at this point?

Or is it encouraging that Mason Cole looks so good he already took the job above Boehm?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Center is like a Catcher in baseball. In this case AQ is Ron Karkovice, he called great games and played great defense, but couldn't hit worth a lick. Then you have Mike Piazza's who were terrible behind the plate, but were great hitter. What I want in a Center is either of the Pudges, but right now we need at least a Karkovice and hope everyone else can make up the difference.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
AQ is an average C overall. He gets pushed back quite easily on pass plays and has no push on run plays. He is valuable because he is a veteran who knows the playbook.

I would like to see if Cole can step in and improve the pass protection and get some push on run plays. Hopefully pushing AQ to the backup role.

Agreed 100%.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
How big of a demerit is this for Evan Boehm, who many (including myself), believed was supposed to take the position by now?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How big of a demerit is this for Evan Boehm, who many (including myself), believed was supposed to take the position by now?
He is a curious case. The previous regime felt he was a G so he may not have been able to show what he can do at C in practice because he never took reps there. Hard to say if Wilks will try Boehm at C now that Shipley is out or just audition Cole for the starting gig right now.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He is a curious case. The previous regime felt he was a G so he may not have been able to show what he can do at C in practice because he never took reps there. Hard to say if Wilks will try Boehm at C now that Shipley is out or just audition Cole for the starting gig right now.

I say a new QB in the future which places the youngin's growing as a group, this might be a blessing for our future success as Buckybird I believe said... though wishing no ill towards AQ whose main value is ascertaining the defense and protection schemes, and Boehm is still cheap depth :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson