UofA Offseason Thread

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
The good news just keeps coming...

Another UA junior defensive star, second-team all-league end Louis Holmes, also was back in school on the first day of classes Wednesday. He, too, had undertaken permissible contact with NFL evaluators regarding a potential entry into the June professional draft. Head coach Mike Stoops confirmed Thursday that he will be back for his senior year.

http://www.arizonaathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1600&ATCLID=744051

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cason is going to be one of the leading candidates for the Thorpe award. This is huge. The Cats should have one of the best secondary's in the league.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cason is going to be one of the leading candidates for the Thorpe award. This is huge. The Cats should have one of the best secondary's in the league.

Maybe they'll make a Rose Bowl appearance finally?

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Chris Henry just sucked, he had one good game in his entire college career.

Apparently, the NFL agrees with you. Better come back to Tucson, Chris.

Published: 01.17.2007
Arizona back Henry snubbed by combine
JOHN MOREDICH, Tucson Citizen

University of Arizona tailback Chris Henry was hoping to enhance his pro stock by showing off his physical skills at the NFL combine, but he was not invited.

The junior, whose name is among the underclassmen who have declared for the draft in April, is not on the list of invitees to the NFL combine in Indianapolis from Feb. 21-29, as compiled by NFLdraftscout.com.

It is at the NFL combine that top players, as well as fringe prospects such as Henry, can show off for teams. Henry, who led the Wildcats with 581 yards and seven touchdowns in 2006, could have wowed the scouts during the testing.

Henry is strong in the weight room - he has done 10 repetitions of 315 pounds in the bench press - jumps well and has run the 40-yard dash in 4.37 seconds, abilities that might make up for a lack of playing experience.

He has been a starter only one season. He will still be given individual workouts by teams, as well as perform at the all-pro workout day involving the Wildcats.

"I don't know where I am going to be drafted," Henry said last month. "It is just going to be an honor whoever takes me."

It's unclear if Henry has hired an agent. If he hasn't, he has until Friday to undeclare for the draft and try to return to UA.

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/sports/38902.php

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Henry will wind up in the Arena league. I do not know who is giving him advice, but he should not be listening to whoever he is.

OP
OP
PAQ77

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
Not that I agree with him leaving but why wouldn't he get invited? The guys a freak of nature and would have moved up just on his workout. I don't see him returning with his tail between his legs. Don't know if I would want him back... Ah, screw it, come on back!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Another big signing today... :)

Arizona landed one of its biggest targets in the 2007 class when four-star DT Kaniela Tuipulotu committed to the Wildcats on Thursday morning.

OP
OP
PAQ77

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
#9 QB in the country, Matt Scott, commits to the Cats. That gives them three 4 star commits for the 2008 class. QB/WR Gerell Robinson and CB Robert Golden are the other two.

Can't wait for the season opener!

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stoops doing a nice job. Hiring the offensive guru is really paying off and defensive guys already liked playing for Stoops.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I might actually watch college football this year. We probably won't get a bowl game, but it might be fun to watch a young team grow a bit.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I might actually watch college football this year. We probably won't get a bowl game, but it might be fun to watch a young team grow a bit.

Uhh we better get to a bowl game this year. This is the best team we have had since 99 Holiday Bowl IMO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PAQ77

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
Uhh we better get to a bowl game this year. This is the best team we have had since 99 Holiday Bowl IMO.

Wow... That's saying a lot. That team could have beaten any team in the country that year. But you could be right. There's a lot of talent on this team. I just hope they can finally put it all together this year...

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

The key word is the bolded one. I am not saying we are better than that team by any stretch. But we should be in at least a mid level bowl which would make us the best since then. It comes down to the development of the young Oline and Tui in the new spread attack.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Same talk every offseason. How many great recruiting classes in a row does it take to make it to a bowl game?

Is Robinson, the soft verbal, ever really gonna go south to Tucson?

Congrats on the verbals...

OP
OP
PAQ77

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
Same talk every offseason. How many great recruiting classes in a row does it take to make it to a bowl game?

Is Robinson, the soft verbal, ever really gonna go south to Tucson?

Congrats on the verbals...

One, two or three great recruiting classes doesn't make a bowl team. But the better players that come in, the better the team gets (in theory). The core of the team is made up of all of Stoops' players now so the team has to perform. It's make or break now...

And Robinson isn't a soft verbal anymore, he's a firm commit.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose