UNCENSORED 2024 Draft Thread

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would still take the under on the sacks. 45 tackles he might make that.

I hope those of you who like the pick are correct. 35 should be a great pick barring any reaches
I understand the concern but once we didn't trade up, the options to improve the d front became limited. I liked Robinson more than Newton which is one reason I liked the pick. I like that he can be used as a 3T in a 4 man front, a 5T in an odd front, and even a base DE in an even front. Physical freak with what seems like a pro(esque) approach to the game. 34.5 inch arms and physical presence in a physical division. Another size/speed comp is Arik Armstead/DeForest Buckner.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
defensive linemen playing 50/60% of the snaps

Never.

They just signed 2 guys to start. They liked LJ Collier so much he started for us last year. They like Stills. If Robinson plays inside he's getting 40% snaps tops which is a waste of a 1st round pick on a team that needs impact players right now.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some thoughts:

Discouraging we had to go edge again after spending a high pick on an edge last year.

On Robinson--maybe wouldn't have been my pick, but he is in the mold of Gannon's "play on the outside, then move inside on 3rd down" pass rushers.

Will be able to get Newton, the guy lots of posters wanted at 27, at 35.

You need 2 starting Edge guys though? And Ideally you want them both to be equally as good.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least do the minimal of research. Please. Gannon plays with a 3-4 DE and 3-4 OLB in this scheme. Robinson Will be DE on Two down scenario and slide inside on passing downs.

At least do the minimal research. That's our base defense. At most we play that about 35% of the time.

Most of the time we are in Nickel with a 4 man front.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get what you're saying and I agree with that part of it. It's being forced into it because you didn't get what you needed the first time around that's frustrating.

They are very different players with very different roles. They ain't drafting Robinson because they aren't happy with Ojulari.

If Ojulari had 10 sacks last year they are still drafting Robinson.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I get what you're saying and I agree with that part of it. It's being forced into it because you didn't get what you needed the first time around that's frustrating.
As @BritCard said, Ojulari and Robinson will play different positions.

Robinson could be looked at as more in the Calais Campbell type role in this defense, playing on the edge inside, not edge on the outside. He'll line up face up on the tackle, where as Ojulari lines up outside of the tackle.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Never.

They just signed 2 guys to start. They liked LJ Collier so much he started for us last year. They like Stills. If Robinson plays inside he's getting 40% snaps tops which is a waste of a 1st round pick on a team that needs impact players right now.
I think Collier started more because he was a better option than the rest of the garbage they trotted otu there more than anything.

Expectation is that Robinson gets between 50-60 % of defensive snaps his rookie year unless injury. That would be more than any player on the defensive front got last year.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bang Krang on draft day.. all innt. Ban me too

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As @BritCard said, Ojulari and Robinson will play different positions.

Robinson could be looked at as more in the Calais Campbell type role in this defense, playing on the edge inside, not edge on the outside. He'll line up face up on the tackle, where as Ojulari lines up outside of the tackle.

I'm going to be even more disappointed in the pick if we drafted a guy that played 102 college snaps inside to play DT. I'm amazed more people aren't pissed at it. It would be peak Keim to do it again.

I really hope we drafted him to play Edge, they are still very different players that will be used in different way for different situations. And can complement each other when on the field together.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm going to be even more disappointed in the pick if we drafted a guy that played 102 college snaps inside to play DT. I'm amazed more people aren't pissed at it. It would be peak Keim to do it again.

I really hope we drafted him to play Edge, they are still very different players that will be used in different way for different situations. And can complement each other when on the field together.
Sorry man but isnt too early to be so stubborn?
We are talking about a good DT/DE prospect, rated as a First rounder by most of the sites

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score

He played 596 snaps at the 3 technique.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

When you run multiple fronts, you need guys who fill more than one role. Robinson can play 3T-5T.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry man but isnt too early to be so stubborn?
We are talking about a good DT/DE prospect, rated as a First rounder by most of the sites

No?

Drafting players to play a position in the NFL that wasn't their main college position is something we have done over and over again. When has it ever worked?

The absolute best we ever got was a couple of good seasons out of Deone playing a hybrid safety linebacker position but he was never extended and barely lasted 5 years in the league.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Never.

You can make that argument all day long for DL though since they rotate so much.

I very much doubt that Collier will be much of anything.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can make that argument all day long for DL though since they rotate so much.

I very much doubt that Collier will be much of anything.

1st round interior DL you would expect to start right away and play 60% plus of snaps. Not backup a couple of average vets.

Anyway this is all wasted breath until we know. I don't believe, and I sincerely hope, that he's going to play inside much. I think he's a 5/6 tech in nickel that occasionally moves inside on 3rd and long sub packages.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
No?

Drafting players to play a position in the NFL that wasn't their main college position is something we have done over and over again. When has it ever worked?

The absolute best we ever got was a couple of good seasons out of Deone playing a hybrid safety linebacker position but he was never extended and barely lasted 5 years in the league.
Well a lot of people would have take Barton at 27 and put him at LG.

Robinson is going to be moved around a lot. He is currently one of 4 most talented DLineman...and he's going g to be on the field plenty

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
1st round interior DL you would expect to start right away and play 60% plus of snaps. Not backup a couple of average vets.

Anyway this is all wasted breath until we know. I don't believe, and I sincerely hope, that he's going to play inside much. I think he's a 5/6 tech in nickel that occasionally moves inside on 3rd and long sub packages.
This is exactly what I think he is too.

In an odd front the line between DE/DT is very blurry, as opposed to how it is in an even front. I don't think any of the other DL offer the ability to effectively play multiple roles like Robinson.

This is why I've been saying for probably about a month now that he was a possibility for #27. He's a big, long, strong, and violent guy who will be a glue player for the front seven.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No?

Chris Simms is very high on him. Although he thinks he needs to play inside mostly to succeed.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well a lot of people would have take Barton at 27 and put him at LG.

Robinson is going to be moved around a lot. He is currently one of 4 most talented DLineman...and he's going g to be on the field plenty

It's extremely common to move offensive lineman in the NFL to suit their traits.

It's very rare to move a defensive lineman from Edge to inside and even more rare to have it be a success.