Ultimate Fight Night on Spike

CorporalCardinal

Look! A Cards fan in Iraq
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, time for more picks. This time it's a "for T.V. card" which means they'll break out the Ultimate Fighter alumni for another fight. This happens Wednesday at 9 and be sure to stay tuned after for the kickoff of the Ultimate FIghter 6: Hughes Vs. Serra.

Dustin Hazlett Vs. Jonathan Goulett (Welterweight, 170)

Against lesser competition Hazlett has dominated in the UFC, but against Desouza (who is one of the best submission men in the world) he looked out classed. Goulett is so strange, and no I'm not just talking about his hair and that odd cat eye. He's up and down, very inconsistent. Beating CUmmo and Heiron but getting clocked by Ludwig and used by Koschek. I'm shaky on this fight, but I'm going to go with Goulett.

Kuniyoshi Hironaka Vs. Thiago Alves (Welterweight, 170)

A win over Petz helped Hironaka after he was clearly outclassed by Fitch in his UFC debut (but then who hasn't been stopped by Fitch lately?). Alves is returning from suspension, much like Bonnar did just recently, and is still one hell of an interesting fighter. I think Thiago wins this, he seems too explosive for Hironaka.

Joe Veres Vs. Gray Maynard (Lightweight, 155)

Veres is making his UFC debut and Maynard is looking to get the win he feels he wascheated out of. What a freakish thing that happened to Maynard, slamming someone so hard that you crack his ribs but knock yourself out. I know very little about Veres, but after doing some research (thanks Sherdog), I don't see any real indication that he's fought major competition. Look for both to go for take downs, Maynard being a Couture protege and Veres being a three time NCAA Division 2 All American. I'll take Maynard based on learning from Couture, and how do you not learn from the GOD OF MMA?

Cole Miller Vs. Leonard Garcia (Lightweight, 155)

Beating Andy Wang doesn't mean much, but going three rounds hard with Roger Huerta means a hell of a lot. Garcia showed heart and that you just can't kill him by weathering Huerta's onslaught. Granted he didn't win and lost 30-27 on all cards, but still he hung in and swung till the end. Miller didn't really impress me with the competition he faced on TUF5 and fighting Wang seemed almost like just trying to secure a win and a return to the octagon. I'll take Garcia.

Edilberto Crocota Vs. Luke Cummo (Welterweight, 170)

Crocota didn't perform well at UFC 70, seemed to get winded in the third and just got squashed. Luke is one of the more.....colorful fighters to come out of TUF. He's a fun fighter to watch. Wins over Haynes and Von Flue and pushing Joe Stevenson to a decision gives Cummo the edge in my mind.

Pete Sell Vs. Nathan Quarry (Middleweight, 185)

Sell is no pushover, but "The Rock" is back. What a story Quarry is, coming back from a severe back injury that should have ended his career. The issue in this fight is two fold: Which Sell shows up? Is Quarry a hundred percent? Here's hoping Quarry has a great return.

Junior Assuncao Vs. Nate Diaz (Lightweight, 155)

Junior is solid, but not that solid. Nate is much like his brother, talented but an ass. While I don't like the Diaz brothers personally, remind me too much of Tito with their terrible sportsmanship and "the world is out to get me" mindset, I have to take Diaz in this fight.

Terry Martin Vs. Chris Leban (Middleweight, 185)

Martin has recovered nicely from his first two loses, and the Salaverry win is a huge feather in his cap. Leban got stunned by "The athlete" and was a bit hosed in his decision loss to Starnes (I don't think he lost that fight, but that's neither here nor there). Leban is fighting to stay in the UFC, and Martin is a great test. Somehow I see Leban winning to stick around in the UFC for a bit longer.

Din Thomas Vs. Kenny Florian (Lightweight, 155)

Dinyero is looking solid and like he's back to his old ways. This should be a good fight if the rejuvinated Thomas keeps it up. Florian made a statement back at UFC 64 as far as I was concerned. Hanging with Sherk is no small task, the guy's a monster. But at his last fight he made a decleration, he certainly does finish fights. I'll take Florian who continues to impress me more and more.

That's it....watch it, love it. And watch the debut of TUF 6 with Hughes and Serra....looks like this is gonna be explosive.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Dustin Hazlett Vs. Jonathan Goulett (Welterweight, 170)

Hazlett cause Goulett is to inconsistant.

Kuniyoshi Hironaka Vs. Thiago Alves (Welterweight, 170)

Alves

Joe Veres Vs. Gray Maynard (Lightweight, 155)

Maynard. This is a "gimme" fight for him, IMHO

Cole Miller Vs. Leonard Garcia (Lightweight, 155)

Garcia because he cannot be destroyed.

Edilberto Crocota Vs. Luke Cummo (Welterweight, 170)

????????? - Skywalker because he can use the force.

Pete Sell Vs. Nathan Quarry (Middleweight, 185)

Pete Sell in an upset. Sell is due. He has had some tough/strange losses. Eventhough, Quarry is nasty. This is gonna be the fight of the night, IMO.

Junior Assuncao Vs. Nate Diaz (Lightweight, 155)

Diaz - This is a another "gimme" fight.

Terry Martin Vs. Chris Leban (Middleweight, 185)

Martin. He looked really good in his last fight.

Din Thomas Vs. Kenny Florian (Lightweight, 155)

Din Thomas in an upset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player