Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Gimme
James Cowser & Jack Allen please.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This team or rather the coaching staff feel they have a good roster already and I think the way they drafted reflected it. I do not think many guys will stand a chance to make the final roster... so I would be shocked if they sign a lot of guys with the thought they are going to make the team, unique situation being a Cardinal fan :)

raptor100

Rookie
Reaction score
UDFA

2 guys:

Rhodes ILB W&M (AZ talked to him at either one of the games or at the Combine).

Devon Cajuste WR STANFORD (I am really surprised he didn't get picked. This guy can play)..

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
This team or rather the coaching staff feel they have a good roster already and I think the way they drafted reflected it. I do not think many guys will stand a chance to make the final roster... so I would be shocked if they sign a lot of guys with the thought they are going to make the team, unique situation being a Cardinal fan :)

JG I think that would be a major mistake. This team while talented is still void of difference makers on the DLine, ILB & CB IMO.

The guys me & a couple of others mentioned above could make & help this team IMO.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
JG I think that would be a major mistake. This team while talented is still void of difference makers on the DLine, ILB & CB IMO.

The guys me & a couple of others mentioned above could make & help this team IMO.

I'm just stating what I think the coaching staff feels... but personally, I am with you

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
They need to being in some linebackers-

As noted, Eric Stryker would be a good choice as he can run and contribute on special teams

Fwiw: It feels like with the exception of Nkemdiche and Boehm, this was a deliberately ST oriented draft.

Buckybird

Reaction score
I'm just stating what I think the coaching staff feels... but personally, I am with you

If they really do feel that way it's gonna be hard to hoist the Lombardi. I did like the picks today though & am less than impressed with picks 1 & 3. But what the hell do I know ;)

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
If they really do feel that way it's gonna be hard to hoist the Lombardi. I did like the picks today though & am less than impressed with picks 1 & 3. But what the hell do I know ;)

I tell you what we know, no matter how much hype they lay on us man... the University of Texas still does not have a quarterback :D

Buckybird

Reaction score
this was a deliberately ST oriented draft.

I can tell you that's exactly what :devil:Jones started doing with his roster 6-7 years ago & their talent level & depth plummeted outside of 1st rounders. It was talked about plenty on sports radio here in Big D. If so its a major blunder by BASK IMO.

Buckybird

Reaction score
I tell you what we know, no matter how much hype they lay on us man... the University of Texas still does not have a quarterback :D

Hey Strong has been pimpin Buechele as the starting freshman savior of the Horns lol

He may be a solid passer I'm sorry but I'm not buying that a 6' 185 pound QB is gonna lead the Horns back to national promenance:mad:

He might get his ass fired if they win 6 games again & I'd luv every second of it :D

PitchShifter

The other Big Red
Reaction score
Some names out there in Twitter

Kam Cannaday, LS, Portland State
Jake Coker, QB, Alabama
Matthias Farley, Cb, Notre Dame.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
LB Lamar Louis, TE Hakeem Valles, DB Matthias Farley, OT Clay Debord, WR Amir Carlisle, LS Danny Dillon, QB Jake Coker, P Garrett Swanson

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LB Lamar Louis, TE Hakeem Valles, DB Matthias Farley, OT Clay Debord, WR Amir Carlisle, LS Danny Dillon, QB Jake Coker, P Garrett Swanson

You like any of these Harry?

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
I can tell you one thing, that Debord kid is huge. I've seen him play several times and he's not much in run blocking but he sure can pass block.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I can tell you one thing, that Debord kid is huge. I've seen him play several times and he's not much in run blocking but he sure can pass block.

Good call. DeBord is a no-nonsense kid who is going to work his tail off. You're right, his pass pro at times looks textbook.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Hey Strong has been pimpin Buechele as the starting freshman savior of the Horns lol

He may be a solid passer I'm sorry but I'm not buying that a 6' 185 pound QB is gonna lead the Horns back to national promenance:mad:

He might get his ass fired if they win 6 games again & I'd luv every second of it :D

My father was raving about him due to the local press, and at his age he is willing to have hope in anything. I watched the Buechele kid and all his short and intermediate routes where to the outside and he threw nothing over the middle and definitely nothing mid range with any zip whatsoever. They all seemed like checkdowns in the flat and they had way too much arc, like a pass waiting to be picked off. He threw some deep passes which where hit and miss, meaning he is a three down and punt guy when it is third and six... Bobby Boucher is not a quarterback lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn