Tyler Johnson to the Suns

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At best this could be an Oubre-impact acquisition. At least he can play. Just don't know where his minutes are going to come from. Does this mean we are almost certainly trading Troy Daniels?

I think another trade is in the works.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good deal for the Suns.

Tyler Johnson is a solid backup SG while Anderson is crap. The Suns turned a deadweight into a productive player by taking additional 4 mil. salary next season.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good deal for the Suns.

Tyler Johnson is a solid backup SG while Anderson is crap. The Suns turned a deadweight into a productive player by taking additional 4 mil. salary next season.
I think you’re using that term pretty loosely here.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why do people on this board keep saying Tyler Johnson can play? Has nobody actually seen him play since he signed the big contract? He has been atrocious on both sides of the ball. He has made Isaiah Canaan seem like an All-Star.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Good deal for the Suns.

They are both equally worthless, but now it costs more money...awesome.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Ok, if it's just Anderson and no picks, this isn't horrible. At least we get a rotation player instead of someone taking up a roster space. I still want to see the Suns turn around and get Lonzo

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They are both equally worthless, but now it costs more money...awesome.

At least Anderson played at a position where we were thin. Johnson is going to steal playing time from better players who are more deserving of playing time.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How? By chucking up a bunch of bricks from 30 feet out, turning the ball over almost as much as he assists and being a sieve on defense?

He is not that bad of a shooter. Career .367 3 pt shooter. One thing this team needs is better 3 pt shooting.

I admit I know next to nothing about this guy. But it is equivalent of signing him to a 4 million dollar deal as a free agent for next year - that's not that horrible, and certainly not anything to have an aneurysm over.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ok, if it's just Anderson and no picks, this isn't horrible. At least we get a rotation player instead of someone taking up a roster space. I still want to see the Suns turn around and get Lonzo

So we can have four guards who can't shoot in Ball, Johnson, Melton and Okobo?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good deal for the Suns.

It sounds like the Suns may want to keep him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least Anderson played at a position where we were thin. Johnson is going to steal playing time from better players who are more deserving of playing time.

Give me a break - G-leaguers get time over Anderson. He is DONE. You just want to complain

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
This sounds like the owners setting bargain basement limits on obtaining players and Jones with no resume to do anything but.

If Jones thinks this is a good acquisition, it makes it even worse. The blind leading the blind. Oops, I think I used that in a post once before. 'Sorry!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This sounds like the owners setting bargain basement limits on obtaining players and Jones with no resume to do anything but.

If Jones thinks this is a good acquisition, it makes it even worse. The blind leading the blind. Oops, I think I used that in a post once before. 'Sorry!
It's all financial. If Sarver did not want to do a waive and stretch on Anderson, which is definitely possible, then what do you do? Try to trade him for a player that can see the floor. Anderson wasn't going to get you Draymond Green, so it's more about getting rid of Anderson for something of SOME value.

I'd go as far as saying that we're lucky we got somebody to take Anderson for more than a stick of expensive gum.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He is not that bad of a shooter. Career .367 3 pt shooter. One thing this team needs is better 3 pt shooting.

I admit I know next to nothing about this guy. But it is equivalent of signing him to a 4 million dollar deal as a free agent for next year - that's not that horrible, and certainly not anything to have an aneurysm over.

Except we needed that cap space to fill our gaping holes at point guard and power forward. And Johnson's three point shooting has steadily declined each of the last 4 seasons and is currently at a mediocre 35% and only an equally mediocre 42.6% overall shooting percentage this season.

fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score
Why are the Suns taking additional money for Tyler? His option is 19 mil next year, Andersons is 21 mil... what am I missing?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ellington is coming to the Suns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns are getting another expiring in Wayne Ellington in the deal.

I don’t understand why they didn’t hold out for a future 1st rd pick instead of Ellington.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
So we can have four guards who can't shoot in Ball, Johnson, Melton and Okobo?

We need a facilitator more than we need a shooter. Johnson is also a career 37% 3-point shooter, so he's not awful. We literally have no one on the offense who could run an offense.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
How? By chucking up a bunch of bricks from 30 feet out, turning the ball over almost as much as he assists and being a sieve on defense?
All of which will keep Booker at the Point, except perhaps for a few minutes early in the game.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Give me a break - G-leaguers get time over Anderson. He is DONE. You just want to complain

G-Leagers deserve time over Johnson, as do Melton, Okobo, Crawford, Daniels, Evans and, of course, Booker.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingman