Tyler Hlinski WSU QB apparently commits suicide

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ryan D Leaf‏Verified account@RyanDLeaf
I’m so freaking angry, I can’t stop crying. Every human life is precious. All I wish is that I could’ve been in that apt in Pullman, looked that amazing young man in the eyes & said you’re loved Tyler! I’m just like you & I’ve been here & there is hope, hugged him & never let go.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/jan/20/washington-states-mike-leach-no-real-signs-leading/

This seems very disturbing and strange.

PULLMAN – On the day of his suicide, Washington State quarterback Tyler Hilinski went on a run and did so “enthusiastically,” according to coach Mike Leach. That morning, Hilinski had also sent a text message to teammates to coordinate a throwing session.

But the quarterback never made it there and Pullman Police arrived at Hilinski’s apartment later that afternoon to find him dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, with a rifle and suicide note resting next to the 21-year-old.

Leach, the sixth-year WSU coach, spent countless hours with Hilinski during the football season – some of them on the sideline at Cougars football games, some inside the quarterbacks meeting room and plenty more at team practices in Pullman.

The coach knew someone who was “steady” – someone who “would lift up others that were down.” Not unlike every one of his Cougars teammates – and every WSU undergrad who he shared a learning space with, for that matter – Hilinski experieced “some ups and downs as a college student,” Leach said Saturday on a conference call with reporters, “but nothing that was able to stand out or that you’d recognize as a problem....

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
News release;

Washington State QB Tyler Hilinski found to have CTE, 'brain of a 65-year-old' after suicide
Hilinski's parents shared details about their son's death following a medical examiner's report

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ave-cte-brain-of-a-65-year-old-after-suicide/

Now the pending state ( some states ) laws prohibiting tackle football until at least high school makes more sense. I saw some of the hits this player took and wondered how he could survive as the announcers proclaimed how tough he was to get up and continue playing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson