Two timely articles from SI.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'll never side with the "It's a dangerous sport, and our shelf-life is limited BS.

They are making an obscene amount of money to play a GAME, How much money do they pay out to one of our brave men or woman in uniform, after they lose both legs? I'm guessing not quite as much as your average injury settlement. :sarcasm:

These A-holes all got a free ride to college, god forbid they should have to use their brain to make a living after their limited "shelf-life" of making millions is up.

That being said... A precedent has been set, and if I was in their shoes, I'm sure I would pull this crap too if it meant millions more.
:soapbox:

you're right. but you also won't be hobbling around on destroyed knees at the age of 45 and likely in a wheelchair with a shortened life span just b/c you provided entertainment for . . . people like you. get off your high horse. you like america? let 'em earn what they're capable of earning. as long as you watch football or attend games you're paying those same "A-holes." well done!

DaisyCutter

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
College football at its highest level seems to adequately prepare players for the next step, so - unless I'm missing the point; why the need for a developmental league?

Ask guys like Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme, and any of the other players around the NFL who got seasoning in NFL Europe. Just because the Cards didn't use NFLE as a developmental league doesn't mean that they (and many other teams) didn't benefit from it.

College football adequately prepares about 5% of the players that enter the NFL in the draft--not even 100% of the first round players are ready to compete at this level.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ask guys like Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme, and any of the other players around the NFL who got seasoning in NFL Europe. Just because the Cards didn't use NFLE as a developmental league doesn't mean that they (and many other teams) didn't benefit from it.

College football adequately prepares about 5% of the players that enter the NFL in the draft--not even 100% of the first round players are ready to compete at this level.

Well, the NFL can always sign a deal with the CFL, and whatever the cost, it'll be a lot cheaper then creating a whole new minor league.

PS: Please drop the % to make the case, unless they exist somewhere other than in your head.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson