Truth Hurts...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
So, Mike B and Keim have cobbled together a team that, for the initial stages of a season, can often be an exciting and fun team to watch. Relying heavily on the physical (not mental or intellectual) gifts of Murray, along with superior skills of several others: D-Hop, Kirk, Rondale, Conner, Edmonds on offense. And guys like Jones, Watt, Golden, Baker, Murphy, Hicks, Simmons on defense... The team is fully capable of winning 9 or 10 games a season, with virtually ALL of the W's coming in the first 3/4ths of the season.

But of course, quality teams that can be counted on to get into the post season more often than not, focus on the last 1/4th of the season. They are managed and led in ways that build momentum and build reliability in ways that translate to late-season, crunch-time W's.

So in many ways, from the GM, to the coaching and of course down to the players, the Cardinals are really nothing more than a collection of posers and imposters. Many so-called "experts," most notably Keyshawn, have known this from the jump. For Gambo and the rest of us fans, it was nasty-tasting medicine we refused to take. Yet, it was and remains the truth.

So yea, I have never been a fan of Kliffy since day one. And IMHO, he hasn't done one single thing to make me feel differently toward him. In fact, if anything, he has only cemented my misgivings and distrust in him. He is a pretty-boy, LuLuLemon wearing poser who has never won a thing anywhere as a coach. And I believe he remains entirely incapable of winning when it matters most at the highest level of the game. Though many give him the tag of being a "players coach," he is not a leader as anyone can lead when the games don't matter much. Real leaders of men are able to lift their troops to levels they never thought possible, particularly when the intensity and the stakes reach critical levels. Kliffy is none of that and so, while we can do what we fans love to do - dissecting each play and each player, the truth is that this team's shortcomings begin and end with the head coach. Period.

Aside from Kyler, I actually believe this team has enough talent to make it to the post season. But without a credible head coach, AND, without a truly viable leader at the QB position, it will take a ton of great luck and fortunate breaks for this team to play in a post-season game.
IMHO, Kyler is a major source of the problems with this team. In his 3rd season, facing a depleted 1-win team, he should've been more than capable of lifting his play to the level that would've produced a W yesterday. I don't care that our defense allowed an undrafted Practice Squad RB to go for over 100 yards... The reality is our offense was shut-out in the first half and was only able to score ONE touchdown. I don't have the words to describe how pitiful that is, yet it speaks volumes about our QB...

Unfortunately, the hurtful truth is that, as long as Kliffy and Kyler remain at the helm of this ship(sinking?), expectations will need to be throttled back. They may get us to the post season every now and then... but I would suspect it will always be a one & done scenario. Certainly, a Super Bowl appearance, let alone a Championship is as far out of reach as is the moon from earth...

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So, Mike B and Keim have cobbled together a team that, for the initial stages of a season, can often be an exciting and fun team to watch. Relying heavily on the physical (not mental or intellectual) gifts of Murray, along with superior skills of several others: D-Hop, Kirk, Rondale, Conner, Edmonds on offense. And guys like Jones, Watt, Golden, Baker, Murphy, Hicks, Simmons on defense... The team is fully capable of winning 9 or 10 games a season, with virtually ALL of the W's coming in the first 3/4ths of the season.

But of course, quality teams that can be counted on to get into the post season more often than not, focus on the last 1/4th of the season. They are managed and led in ways that build momentum and build reliability in ways that translate to late-season, crunch-time W's.

So in many ways, from the GM, to the coaching and of course down to the players, the Cardinals are really nothing more than a collection of posers and imposters. Many so-called "experts," most notably Keyshawn, have known this from the jump. For Gambo and the rest of us fans, it was nasty-tasting medicine we refused to take. Yet, it was and remains the truth.

So yea, I have never been a fan of Kliffy since day one. And IMHO, he hasn't done one single thing to make me feel differently toward him. In fact, if anything, he has only cemented my misgivings and distrust in him. He is a pretty-boy, LuLuLemon wearing poser who has never won a thing anywhere as a coach. And I believe he remains entirely incapable of winning when it matters most at the highest level of the game. Though many give him the tag of being a "players coach," he is not a leader as anyone can lead when the games don't matter much. Real leaders of men are able to lift their troops to levels they never thought possible, particularly when the intensity and the stakes reach critical levels. Kliffy is none of that and so, while we can do what we fans love to do - dissecting each play and each player, the truth is that this team's shortcomings begin and end with the head coach. Period.

Aside from Kyler, I actually believe this team has enough talent to make it to the post season. But without a credible head coach, AND, without a truly viable leader at the QB position, it will take a ton of great luck and fortunate breaks for this team to play in a post-season game.
IMHO, Kyler is a major source of the problems with this team. In his 3rd season, facing a depleted 1-win team, he should've been more than capable of lifting his play to the level that would've produced a W yesterday. I don't care that our defense allowed an undrafted Practice Squad RB to go for over 100 yards... The reality is our offense was shut-out in the first half and was only able to score ONE touchdown. I don't have the words to describe how pitiful that is, yet it speaks volumes about our QB...

Unfortunately, the hurtful truth is that, as long as Kliffy and Kyler remain at the helm of this ship(sinking?), expectations will need to be throttled back. They may get us to the post season every now and then... but I would suspect it will always be a one & done scenario. Certainly, a Super Bowl appearance, let alone a Championship is as far out of reach as is the moon from earth...
All of this because they lost a game yesterday. The season isn't over and this is all speculation and BS until it is.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
All of this because they lost a game yesterday. The season isn't over and this is all speculation and BS until it is.
Right. Koolaiders are allowed to gripe about dark siders when the team is winning, but the dark siders aren't allowed to say a word when the team suffers a horrible loss. Hypocrisy. Thanks for pointing out yet another instance of it.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kylers growth continues and all numbers point to that. Every time he has a bad game it lets the haters spew their trash but doesn’t mean that’s reality. Kliff may not be the guy to take this team to where we want to be, but Kyler is the most talented QB this team has EVER drafted, to give up on him would be stupid! We are not losing because of Kyler has he had some poor games of course every QB does, see Brady getting shut out last night. We are losing because our D has totally fallen apart from the lucky breaks we enjoyed early on, and our Oline is in shambles still. Kylers play almost follows whether Hudson plays or not he doesn’t trust the other guys and with good reason, he sees free rushers far to often. Just look at the game yesterday how much time did Goff have compared to Kyler? Lol playcalling has been just stupid we move all the way to first and goal and then get kute and don’t use Conner or Ertz? Jut stupid coaching is costing us a lot in these games, take the damn points stop with the hero ball on 4th downs, lots of blame to go around on these losses!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No one is a winner until they are. It's too soon to start drawing any broad conclusions about Kliff and Kyler, really.

If Kliff Kingsbury is nascent Andy Reid, I'm fine with that for now. We haven't made the playoffs in five seasons. You can't make the Super Bowl without making the playoffs first. This team was all-in to make the playoffs. They're probably going to achieve that objective.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Right. Koolaiders are allowed to gripe about dark siders when the team is winning, but the dark siders aren't allowed to say a word when the team suffers a horrible loss. Hypocrisy. Thanks for pointing out yet another instance of it.
Never said that. The season isn't over yet and losing a game no matter how badly they lost it doesn't mean it is.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I love posts like these that say “all of this is because of one game”... ignoring that we’re 3-4 in our last 7, looking like a second half collapse... After last seasons 2nd half collapse... and the second half collapse the season before that. And every second half collapse Kliff’s teams had in college as well.

I’m not quite ready to pour dirt yet, but I’m definitely thinking about buying a shovel. Kliff needs to prove he can finish a season strong for the first time in his entire career. Same for Kyler.

They’ve got 3 games to turn that narrative. And I’m still kinda excited to see if they can do it.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
No one is a winner until they are. It's too soon to start drawing any broad conclusions about Kliff and Kyler, really.

If Kliff Kingsbury is nascent Andy Reid, I'm fine with that for now. We haven't made the playoffs in five seasons. You can't make the Super Bowl without making the playoffs first. This team was all-in to make the playoffs. They're probably going to achieve that objective.
I guess if we're gonna go with the hope that Kliffy is a nascent Reid, we're gonna have to have even bigger hope that Kyler is a developing Mahomes? That's just too far out in fairy-tale land for me man...

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

And another thing. What the hell do you know about the mental or intellectual skills of Kyler Murray? They lost a fricken game yesterday and you call the guy a dum azz ? It's a ballgame Dude not the bar exam

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
And another thing. What the hell do you know about the mental or intellectual skills of Kyler Murray? They lost a fricken game yesterday and you call the guy a ******* ? It's a ballgame Dude not the bar exam
Not sure what you meant by "*******." However, what I am suggesting is that Kyler might not be the NFL QB we hoped for. Too early to make that sort of proclamation? Probably... but it's a message board where speculation and hot-takes run aplenty... ;)

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Kylers growth continues and all numbers point to that. Every time he has a bad game it lets the haters spew their trash but doesn’t mean that’s reality. Kliff may not be the guy to take this team to where we want to be, but Kyler is the most talented QB this team has EVER drafted, to give up on him would be stupid! We are not losing because of Kyler has he had some poor games of course every QB does, see Brady getting shut out last night. We are losing because our D has totally fallen apart from the lucky breaks we enjoyed early on, and our Oline is in shambles still. Kylers play almost follows whether Hudson plays or not he doesn’t trust the other guys and with good reason, he sees free rushers far to often. Just look at the game yesterday how much time did Goff have compared to Kyler? Lol playcalling has been just stupid we move all the way to first and goal and then get kute and don’t use Conner or Ertz? Jut stupid coaching is costing us a lot in these games, take the damn points stop with the hero ball on 4th downs, lots of blame to go around on these losses!
He had two bad games in a row. So I’m still waiting for him to prove the “haters” wrong after the loss.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I guess if we're gonna go with the hope that Kliffy is a nascent Reid, we're gonna have to have even bigger hope that Kyler is a developing Mahomes? That's just too far out in fairy-tale land for me man...
I guess. Reid also won with Donovan McNabb and Alex Smith and Mike Vick. This isn't really a situation where Tony Dungy needed Peyton Manning to get him across the finish line.

Hopefully it's more like the Bucs needed Jon Gruden to get them across the finish line. I just haven't enough yet to make me think that Kliff can't win at this level. To check my priors, I have a longer leash with coaches than a lot of people unless they're buffoonish on or off the field.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I guess. Reid also won with Donovan McNabb and Alex Smith and Mike Vick. This isn't really a situation where Tony Dungy needed Peyton Manning to get him across the finish line.

Hopefully it's more like the Bucs needed Jon Gruden to get them across the finish line. I just haven't enough yet to make me think that Kliff can't win at this level. To check my priors, I have a longer leash with coaches than a lot of people unless they're buffoonish on or off the field.
Well... did Reid really win pre-Mahomes? I mean, I did say Kliffy and Kyler are likely good enough to get us to the post-season "every now and then." Sorta like Reid pre-Mahomes...no?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Well... did Reid really win pre-Mahomes? I mean, I did say Kliffy and Kyler are likely good enough to get us to the post-season "every now and then." Sorta like Reid pre-Mahomes...no?
Well, I mean he had a .583 winning percentage and went to the Super Bowl once and the Conference Championship four other times while in Philly. In 14 seasons with the Eagles he had 3 losing seasons and finished first in the NFC East six times. In the five years in KC before Mahomes he went to the playoffs four times.

"Are we sure Andy Reid is even good?" is such an astronomically bad take.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t know why anyone responds to tnmike. The next time he actually posts about football instead of just attacking a poster will be the first in years (maybe decades? How long he been on ASFN?). I kid you not. This isn’t hyperbole. Find me a post that is 100% substantively about football, even one that is 25%.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I love posts like these that say “all of this is because of one game”... ignoring that we’re 3-4 in our last 7, looking like a second half collapse... After last seasons 2nd half collapse... and the second half collapse the season before that. And every second half collapse Kliff’s teams had in college as well.

I’m not quite ready to pour dirt yet, but I’m definitely thinking about buying a shovel. Kliff needs to prove he can finish a season strong for the first time in his entire career. Same for Kyler.

They’ve got 3 games to turn that narrative. And I’m still kinda excited to see if they can do it.
Agreed. The last two games have been disheartening. But there’s enough talent here to correct course. If the coach is capable of so leading and Kyler has the intestinal fortitude to do so.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is quite the take if I ever seen one. Quite the take.

Reactions: HGC

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reid routinely got his Eagles and Chiefs into the playoffs pretty much and got the Eagles to 4 NFC Title Games and a Super Bowl. I think it was literally every year with Alex Smith and the Chiefs and something like 10 out of 14 years with the Eagles.

That’s not getting into the playoffs “every now and then.”

If Kliff ended up Andy Reid 2, we’d have a decade of playoff games to look forward to. I don’t know if Kliff can even smell his jock at this point though. Reid was getting to the playoffs in McNabb’s second year and repeatedly winning playoff games with a QB that left a lot to be desired.