Troy Aikman

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Since the Cards won, this won't sound like being a sore loser ....

How the heck can FOX let Aikman call a Cowboys game? There wasn't anyone else available?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Since the Cards won, this won't sound like being a sore loser ....

How the heck can FOX let Aikman call a Cowboys game? There wasn't anyone else available?

I loved!

I loved listen to the two morons stutter on their words at the end of the game.

To hear them try and choke it out.....it tastes sweet.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
He fave it to them a couple of times though.

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
aikman is on fox's #1 tv crew. they do the best matchup of the week usually and he ends up doing quite a few cowboys games in recent years. was nice to hear him pretty bitter near the end.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Aikman, especially if he's a homer, called a very balanced game. He was praising many aspects of the Cards and calling both sides well. He deserves no criticism for the game he called.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Aikman did a superb job today. I have alot of respect for him.

He is becoming one of the best

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Aikman, especially if he's a homer, called a very balanced game. He was praising many aspects of the Cards and calling both sides well. He deserves no criticism for the game he called.

cough cough cough

I don't agree at all.

If he was so balanced why was he at such a loss for words.

How could he honestly believe the Cowboys were "GIVING THE GAME AWAY TO THE CARDINALS..." in the second half when the Cowboys were lucky enough to even be close at that point.

That is your opinion that is fine, I didn't hear it that way. But then again I am baised, so you may be right. :D

Magoo

Yinzer
Reaction score
I don't have an issue with it as long as he's unbiased.

Although I laughed when he said "continously continue" at one point in the broadcast.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
That is your opinion that is fine, I didn't hear it that way. But then again I am baised, so you may be right.
You must be registered for see images
It's hard not to be, believe me I understand. I don't think Aikman deserves venom for the game he called today though. Like I said, he was very complimentary on many occasions of various things Cardinal. I actually like his overall approach in that he focuses on the positives for both teams instead of picking one of them to talk down about like so many broadcasters do.

I'll sure as hell take Aikman's call over Boselli's incredibly biased, flat effort from last year.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
Does this game count as a win on the road because there were so many Cowboy fans at the stadium? :)

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Aikman did a superb job today. I have alot of respect for him.

He is becoming one of the best

Aikman was solid. Was complimentary ofthe Cards for most of the game

Dick Stockton, the play-by-play,was just awful. Did he ever know down and distance or who the heck was making a tackle?

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Does this game count as a win on the road because there were so many Cowboy fans at the stadium?
Not sure if it was a technical trick but the Cowboy fans seemed much louder than the Cardinals fans for most of the day. It sure looked like there was a lot of red in the stadium but the Cowboy cheers were much louder on tv.

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
I think Aikman is professional and pretty objective. MUCH better than some of the other clowns Fox runs out there.

He let his feelings out a little at the end, but overall I think he was professional.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aikman was solid. Was complimentary ofthe Cards for most of the game

Dick Stockton, the play-by-play,was just awful. Did he ever know down and distance or who the heck was making a tackle?

completely agree. I thought Stcokton bet money on the Cowboys. he was awful, Troy was pretty much dead on the money IMO.

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
I think Aikman is professional and pretty objective. MUCH better than some of the other clowns Fox runs out there.

He let his feelings out a little at the end, but overall I think he was professional.

Even at the end, I thought he was more wowed by the events than upset as a Cowboy.

I actually commented to my wife that I thought he'd done a superb job of being balanced, and that he's become one of my favorite commentators.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

completely agree. i hate the cowboys, and ex cowboys, as much as anyone else, but i thought aikman did a very nice job today. though i didn't hear him at the end as i was in a completely joyous stupor.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not sure if it was a technical trick but the Cowboy fans seemed much louder than the Cardinals fans for most of the day. It sure looked like there was a lot of red in the stadium but the Cowboy cheers were much louder on tv.

hmm, i disagree. i thought the cards fans sounded incredibly loud, and i even think aikman made some reference to it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave