TRADES

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
There is that Booker-Beal backcourt I have contemplated for years.
IDK if I posted this earlier. The only game I could get to this year, we played against Beal. He almost single handedly beat us in the fourth quarter and got to the FT line a lot. I always thought he was overrated, but I had to give him props after watching him beat us.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this would have to be a multi-team trade for it to work and all the forum fans would have to suit up to give the Suns a full roster.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I can as well if I can catch them. :cool:
I had a talent, being shorter, of my elbows always accidentally ending up in someone's groin area while taking a charge. They usually only charged once or twice, or it ended in fisticuffs! Either way, I think I can take out the other team star player! :)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
We’d be hard capped to high hell but that’s some serious firepower. Getting Monte Morris back would be a must.

It’s really classic Suns luck that being above the luxury tax went from just one guy’s willingness to spend to serious team limiting penalties as soon as we finally get a willing to spend owner. If we had Ishbia 20 years ago Joe Johnson is paid and happy, we keep all picks or trade them for players and all exceptions would’ve been used to form a deep roster.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't like trading for Beal. They will have no depth and I don't think Beal and Booker in the backcourt would work.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it will be a 3 X 3 competition.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That's Pat Bev level right there.
Yeah, but I apologize and make it look like it was just an accident. I have special skills that way. Never thrown out of a game. :lol: My plusses, I can assist like no other, shoot with either hand, can dribble so low to the ground it's hard to steal. My cons, overly slow, short, probably on the CP3 injury part of my career, can only jump over a dollar bill.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of speculation going on.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Suns have interest in Bradley Beal

"The Suns and Miami Heat are reportedly in serious talks with Washington to acquire the three-time All-Star guard, who has a no-trade clause and can dictate where he lands if dealt.

He is set to earn $46,741,590 this upcoming season at 30 years old after signing a five-year, $251,019,650 contract with Washington.

The guard has not played more than 60 games in a season since 2018-19, as he has dealt with a slew of injuries."

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We be a minor miracle to have KD, Book and Beal playing at the same time.
Same odds as KD, Book and CP3. :shrug:

Beal's salary makes CP3's look like a bargain. However, watching him live he is way better than Paul on offense. Didn't really watch him on D, which I am assuming CP3 is better.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Keldon Johnson (SA) for Ayton

"Any framework of an Ayton deal for players in return has to come with a sizable contract, and the only way the Spurs could really get there is by including 23-year-old wing Keldon Johnson.

Johnson was on Team USA’s gold medal squad in the most recent Olympics two years ago, an endorsement of the potential in his game and where he was a teammate of Booker and Durant. Across Johnson’s first four seasons, he has averaged 16.5 points, 5.6 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game while shooting 46.8% from the field and 36.3% at 3-point range."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some interesting tidbits about the trade rumor for Bradley Beal.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bartelstein angle is interesting.

It could give the Suns a slight advantage in negotiations, I suppose.

If the Suns could swing the trade for Beal, I can see Ayton being traded for depth.

This stuff is all probably being discussed at the same time.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It could give the Suns a slight advantage in negotiations, I suppose.

If the Suns could swing the trade for Beal, I can see Ayton being traded for depth.

This stuff is all probably being discussed at the same time.
I was assuming CP3 was not part of the deal because he would not play there. In that scenario, I think we trade Ayton, and then waive and stretch CP3, assuming we don't have a deal on the side for CP3, and that opens up the bigger trade exception for us. You may be right it is for CP3, but I don't think they would do CP3 wrong by trading him across country. Unless Miami is going to waive him?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Guarantee CP’s deal:

Paul + Ayton = $59m

Beal + Morris + Gafford + Kuz (opts in) = $67m

However I doubt Kuzma opts in. I’d like to get Kispert but that’s being greedy..

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was assuming CP3 was not part of the deal because he would not play there. In that scenario, I think we trade Ayton, and then waive and stretch CP3, assuming we don't have a deal on the side for CP3, and that opens up the bigger trade exception for us. You may be right it is for CP3, but I don't think they would do CP3 wrong by trading him across country. Unless Miami is going to waive him?

It would probably be only a pit stop for Chris Paul with him going elsewhere.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
So acquiring Beal would equal Point Book pretty much most of the time. It would be an interesting experiment, and probably very successful assuming everyone could stay healthy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So acquiring Beal would equal Point Book pretty much most of the time. It would be an interesting experiment, and probably very successful assuming everyone could stay healthy.

Beal averaged 5.4 assists last season. I see it as point guard by committee. I thought there was a chance Bridges could have played a similar role.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard