Trade or pick up RG3?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'd take him. Give him a year or two behind Palmer to heal up, learn the system, and he'd be worth it. It's not like he doesn't have talent.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sheesh. Every time a player has a problem or looks like he might lose his job with another team, he turns up on this board as a proposed member of the Cardinals. Which QB would you get rid of? Would he be content to be a #2 or #3? How much would he cost? Can he stay healthy? Is he REALLY any good? Is it worth getting rid of one of our players for a guy who might never play football again?

I'm sure if Quasimodo shows up, someone will want to sign him up.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine a scenario where I'd want him on the team. Of course, if the Cards somehow ended up with him I'd be all in.:)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Pass, but how ironic would it be if the Rams got him? They traded out of #2 for a king's ransom and get the player that was drafted?

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd take him. Give him a year or two behind Palmer to heal up, learn the system, and he'd be worth it. It's not like he doesn't have talent.

The Cards already have someone behind Palmer and he's doing just fine. QB depth is not a need on this team.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The Cards already have someone behind Palmer and he's doing just fine. QB depth is not a need on this team.
A young QB groomed to be QBOF is still needed. You don't turn down a RG because you have Logan Thomas, or even Drew Stanton for that matter.

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
NO !

Attachments

• 10620644_808945199126283_7358191960244989258_n.jpg
    10620644_808945199126283_7358191960244989258_n.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 99

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
No and never thought he would cut it in the NFL. So far he has proven me correct. Too slim a build and not the passer everyone was making him out to be. I do remember how quite a few posters here wanted nothing more than for the Cardinals to draft trade up to get RGIII too. Never could see what others saw in him.

Of course there were supporters of Boyd too and he isn't even in the league now. I watched him play once and thought he was awful. Never thought he was NFL QB material.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He was just running when he dislocated his ankle. He reinjured his knee without being touched his rookie season. It's no longer a case of whether or not he can take NFL level contact.

Best case for RGIII would be to be traded to a small market team where he can get himself right physically and more importantly mentally. The Cardinals would be a good fit, but not at his current salary and not with him thinking he is a superstar. He is a reclamation project now and needs to understand that.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
He was just running when he dislocated his ankle. He reinjured his knee without being touched his rookie season. It's no longer a case of whether or not he can take NFL level contact.

Best case for RGIII would be to be traded to a small market team where he can get himself right physically and more importantly mentally. The Cardinals would be a good fit, but not at his current salary and not with him thinking he is a superstar. He is a reclamation project now and needs to understand that.

I really don't think he fits the mold of QB BA would want running his offense. He would be a good fit in Oakland!

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It was only last year BA called QB'S like RG3 "gimmick" QB's. Zero chance of him coming here.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

chickenhead

Reaction score
RGIII can't help us right now so I wouldn't trade for him right now. I want to say that Stanton could manage us to a 10-6 record, but more likely it's 7-9, and what if it's 4-12 and we have a top 5 pick? The Cards aren't going to trade their 1st rounder for RGIII, but they might want to use their 1st rounder on a QB and then the third rounder or whatever they traded for RGIII could be something they want back.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its monsoon time in Arizona. Look at all the mesquite trees. When one blows over the first time, the owners are usually disgusted. They go out, buy, stakes and wires and prop them back up. The problem is that the root system is permanently damages. They just keep blowing over again and again, with each storm until finally the homeowner gets sick of it and cuts it down and plants something new.

Mesquite tree=RG3

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson