Trade for Sean Payton

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t know if he’s really be available, but I would trade a 1st and 2nd (i mean they’re useless in Keim’s hands anyway) for Sean Payton. I think he’s exactly the guy who would command kylers respect but demand excellence of kyler. And I think he would maximize whatever offense we put out on the field.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Sean and Gayle have a good relationship. I don’t see him entertaining a chance to trade her for Michael. This would cost Bidwill something along the lines of what SC did for Lincoln Riley.

10 years $150 million, and bidwill flys his family any time they ask for it.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
no way. I think Payton is the guy who can UNLOCK Kyler's greatness. He has it inside of him, but I don't know that Kliff is the guy to get him there.
No way... To get Payton, Kyler will need to go... which is the way it should be! :thumbup:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I was owner I would do it.
Yep. Part ways with as many picks as it takes. Keim doesn't utilize them anyhow. This would also put a guy with experience in the drivers seat and put Keim in the background when it comes to final decisions on draft and FA pickups...... hopefully at least.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way... To get Payton, Kyler will need to go... which is the way it should be! :thumbup:
If you picked Sean's brain and he wanted to work with Kyler, then he's not an option. I'm sure that would be a big deal for him anyhow. Much like his growth with Brees over the years.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But it feels like the media tries to push Payton out of New Orleans every off season.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Never before would I have entertained trading draft capital for a coach. This is the perfect storm. At 58 Payton is not too old. He could coach kyler for a decade. He’s coached short QBs successfully. He’s utilized running QBs as he’s put in specific packages for Taysom. He’s won a super bowl, so he’s got gravitas. He’s shown he can create a running game even with mediocre backs like anyone other than kamara that’s played in his system. I believe he would be a free agent attractor. He would bring instant legitimacy to the franchise. His offense have been flexible enough to move between featuring TEs, WRs, or RBs . . . wherever the talent exists. His defenses and special teams never seem to be god awful. And he would check keim. Trade the picks. Get Payton.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
His summer home is about 2 hrs by air from PHX. If the money and philosophy is right (meaning his way), he may consider it.

MB should tell SK to go work his trade magic if he wants to stay employed…

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Never before would I have entertained trading draft capital for a coach. This is the perfect storm. At 58 Payton is not too old. He could coach kyler for a decade. He’s coached short QBs successfully. He’s utilized running QBs as he’s put in specific packages for Taysom. He’s won a super bowl, so he’s got gravitas. He’s shown he can create a running game even with mediocre backs like anyone other than kamara that’s played in his system. I believe he would be a free agent attractor. He would bring instant legitimacy to the franchise. His offense have been flexible enough to move between featuring TEs, WRs, or RBs . . . wherever the talent exists. His defenses and special teams never seem to be god awful. And he would check keim. Trade the picks. Get Payton.

Some of your better work. Have to admit it's tempting.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don’t know if he’s really be available, but I would trade a 1st and 2nd (i mean they’re useless in Keim’s hands anyway) for Sean Payton. I think he’s exactly the guy who would command kylers respect but demand excellence of kyler. And I think he would maximize whatever offense we put out on the field.

I said recently I think Sean Payton is the best coach in the NFC or at least on par with McVay... I would totally do this if we could pull it off :raccoon:

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
this. immediately. this would 100% restore faith into this fanbase, imho. no chance payton lets kyler slide on anything

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He’s an upgrade over the clown we have now. Question becomes is he worth the draft capital? A 2nd should be sufficient. Wouldn’t give up a first tho

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Yeah, Keim can then pick a linebacker in the first round that can’t find the field.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose