Trade for Sean Payton

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought that was his DC. He was banned for a lack of control or something like that. At least that was my recollection.
It was his DC but he was 100% in charge of that team as a whole and part of the culture within it as the HC. It’s pretty damning.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
This FAN board ( I use that term VERY loosely ) is very wierd. I will admitt that I don't visit a whole lot, but the more I visit this ( So Called ) Cardinals fan site. The more I understand why other teams fans outnumber Cardinals fans at their home games. I'm actually starting to think this site is run by fans of other teams SMH..

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He wasn’t “hugely” successful in SD snd that was with Tomlinson, their stud HOF TE and always good WRs. He was solid but he never won a playoff game and was nothing near the record setting, first ballot lock HOF QB he became under Peyton.

You can’t really look at these stats and argue he didn’t take a quantum leap as a QB under Peyton. He was an above average game-manager in SD. He was one of the best QB’s of all time in New Orleans.
come on man thats revisionist history... Drew was mediocre in sandy eggo...so they drafted rivers,... but drew got an off season coach and cvame out and lit it up... then the shoulder blew out...nobody wanted to take a chance on him....
but he was a completely different QB that last year with the chargers before he got hurt.
the saints biggest gamble was whether or not his shoulder was going to fully heal, not the quality of player they were getting.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This FAN board ( I use that term VERY loosely ) is very wierd. I will admitt that I don't visit a whole lot, but the more I visit this ( So Called ) Cardinals fan site. The more I understand why other teams fans outnumber Cardinals fans at their home games. I'm actually starting to think this site is run by fans of other teams SMH..
if you're looking for homerism this likely isn't the place for you my friend.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I thought that was his DC. He was banned for a lack of control or something like that. At least that was my recollection.
He was HC suspended for a year over bounty gate! For whatever wording lawyers came up with, my understanding was he put money in the pot. Then lied like a devil.
you can honor who you want, but I don’t like him in the NFL period.
Kaitlyn has much more honor, dignity and integrity then Sean Payton.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Whole movie glorifying the evil Sean Payton - played by Kevin James, guess everybody never forgot. don’t want him evaluating character for crawdads.

Actually the movie wasn't bad. I kinda forgot that he was suspended for the season.

Here's a thought. Maybe he learned from that situation and became a better person.

THESMEL

Reaction score
Actually the movie wasn't bad. I kinda forgot that he was suspended for the season.

Here's a thought. Maybe he learned from that situation and became a better person.
Yea like spy Gate slowed Brady and Belicheck down to inflate gate. Or suspending the suns bench in a playoff game leads to the same referee being fired for taking Vegas bribes later. MLB let the brewers already busted for steroids play against the diamondbacks in the playoff and win the World Series. Control the all star game also!

yea they would eat their own children for pro sports success and the money, you know show me the money and I’ll take the ring too! I don’t respect that. But I feed the good dog, starve the bad. he only regrets getting busted.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whole movie glorifying the evil Sean Payton - played by Kevin James, guess everybody never forgot. don’t want him evaluating character for crawdads.

My wife and I watched Home Team last night and liked it. Sean seems likable if he's anything like what Kevin James portrayed in the film. (Sean even has a brief cameo at the end of the movie)

THESMEL

Reaction score
My wife and I watched Home Team last night and liked it. Sean seems likable if he's anything like what Kevin James portrayed in the film. (Sean even has a brief cameo at the end of the movie)

Hollywood likable - dude committed the most atrocious unsportsmanlike illegal crime in sports history, in the entire history of earth! He paid people to put players in hospitals, knock the season, end careers. The bigger the injury the more the pay out. Don’t know what is wrong with people?

let him coach your child? He would eat his own babies to win, it’s a bridge way wat way to far. No matter what the handlers and erasers for him and the NFL say. He has the worse character ever, proved and reproved.