Trace McSorley To Start Against Bengals As Kyler Murray, Colt McCoy Rest Arms

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been to two open practices. I have yet to see Kyler throw the ball. Sore wrist . . ?
How much wear and tear does a game controller put on a young person's hands . . ?
(Old man thinking out loud) Hours of COD / Madden . .
He's just turned 25.
Maybe I'm just cranky about two trips to practice only to watch backups play quarterback.
Kliff "we're just being smart" . .
Are we . . ?

He was in camp with the rookies and threw so much his wrist got sore. Then he got COVID.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been to two open practices. I have yet to see Kyler throw the ball. Sore wrist . . ?
How much wear and tear does a game controller put on a young person's hands . . ?
(Old man thinking out loud) Hours of COD / Madden . .
He's just turned 25.
Maybe I'm just cranky about two trips to practice only to watch backups play quarterback.
Kliff "we're just being smart" . .
Are we . . ?
He had covid and then yes has a wrist thing. has nothing to do with video games.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gardeck, Collins and Kennard starting is curious. Especially if you look where Vallejo and Vigil are.
Kennard is the only strange one to me. Both Gardeck and Collins have something to prove.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Gardeck, Collins and Kennard starting is curious. Especially if you look where Vallejo and Vigil are.
Imagine watching this game. LOL.

I wonder if they just want to see Gardeck and Kennard against some NFL-ish competition. I've be really surprised if they're out there for more than a dozen snaps.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rudy rudy rudy!!!! Lol here's your shot to make it as a backup player

Gl to all cards players in preseason making final cut

Hope few surprises at the corner and lber battles show promises. ..

Gooooo cards!!!

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Imagine watching this game. LOL.

I wonder if they just want to see Gardeck and Kennard against some NFL-ish competition. I've be really surprised if they're out there for more than a dozen snaps.
JMO, but I think they'll play most of the first half.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I understand it’s all bout money now, and not hurting expensive players - but don’t mean I have to like it. I grew up when September preseason football was about preparing the team for the best production possible on game 1 of the season. Game 1 is every bit as important as game 8 or 16 in the NFL.

it fit rather nicely 4 weeks preseason in September- each month after was 1/4 of the regular season - with a 1 month post season.

i think drafting 2 ilb in middle of the 1st round is smart, because they are so damned important as a QB on defense. And easier to keep long term financially. Because of the pay scale. Dbs , pass rushers, wrs have walkEd because of the more money offered. Or you pay them and can’t afford to keep a franchise qb.

in theory, more bang for your buck, long term in the draft.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand it’s all bout money now, and not hurting expensive players - but don’t mean I have to like it. I grew up when September preseason football was about preparing the team for the best production possible on game 1 of the season. Game 1 is every bit as important as game 8 or 16 in the NFL.

it fit rather nicely 4 weeks preseason in September- each month after was 1/4 of the regular season - with a 1 month post season.

i think drafting 2 ilb in middle of the 1st round is smart, because they are so damned important as a QB on defense. And easier to keep long term financially. Because of the pay scale. Dbs , pass rushers, wrs have walkEd because of the more money offered. Or you pay them and can’t afford to keep a franchise qb.

in theory, more bang for your buck, long term in the draft.
Yet, fans are sick of paying full price for mediocre games to watch. Eventually we will move to an 18 game season with 2 preseason games. That is the sweet spot IMO.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom Brady just took a leave of absence from the preseason
For personal reasons yes. In 20 plus years it’s his first time ever that I’m aware. He’s the last person that a 9 day layoff will actually effect. Just last year they were talking about him taking reps in pre season. He was insistent on getting in the work.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For personal reasons yes. In 20 plus years it’s his first time ever that I’m aware. He’s the last person that a 9 day layoff will actually effect. Just last year they were talking about him taking reps in pre season. He was insistent on getting in the work.

He's got one foot out the door.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson