Toy Story 3

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Transformers 3
iwin.gif
Yep, that and the next Batman. It is on!!!!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most movies don't require a movie theater experience to enjoy it. Especially movies like Toy Story 3. For some reason, parents think that it is ok to bring children under 2 to these types of movies just because they are free. It comes close to ruining the experience. I wish movie theaters would charge full price for these tickets to deter people from bringing babies to movies.

It's not a matter of "requirement". There is zero doubt seeing most movies on the big screen is a much better experience then seeing it on your T.V. It just doesn't compare. As much as I enjoy my home theater it just doesn't compare to a quality movie theater.

If you see primarily romantic comedies and indie films I might agree. There is just no way you can compare seeing action films, epics or science fiction on the big screen. As much as I get your point about kids films, seeing Toy Story 3 in all it's detail on the big screen is well worth it IMO.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's not a matter of "requirement". There is zero doubt seeing most movies on the big screen is a much better experience then seeing it on your T.V. It just doesn't compare. As much as I enjoy my home theater it just doesn't compare to a quality movie theater.

If you see primarily romantic comedies and indie films I might agree. There is just no way you can compare seeing action films, epics or science fiction on the big screen. As much as I get your point about kids films, seeing Toy Story 3 in all it's detail on the big screen is well worth it IMO.

And the 3D is nice, and unless you're a snotty rich bastard, you probably don't have 3D tv yet. (and besides, I think only Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is the only 3D Blu-Ray available)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

agreed.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

I very rarely see comedies and limited engagement movies in the theater. Just doesn't seem worth it, although there is something to be said about seeing a comedy with an audience.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I tend to agree. Plus, it's nice to have the fun of going out and seeing a movie. At least I think so, anyway.

Saw the movie. Loved it. Funny and cute. :)

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Cars is the one that bugs me the most. It's far and away my least favorite of the films and it didn't do insane box office but it destroyed ever other Pixar film in terms of marketing. The cynical side of me says that's why they're making it.

Yeah, Cars was probably my least favorite Pixar film but the reason they're doing it is because it's making them a FORTUNE in toys. I don't know how many of you guys have kids but all of my friends who have boys between 3 and 8 ALL have tons of Cars. They're like Matchbox cars for that generation.

I think TS3 doesn't crack my Top 5 pixar, but it's pretty close.

For me it goes something like
1. Up
2. Wall-E
3. Monsters Inc
4. TS2
5. Incredibles

For a company with a somewhat limited movie catalog, I bet if everyone listed their top 5 we'd still see a pretty diverse list, and that's saying something.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Cars was probably my least favorite Pixar film but the reason they're doing it is because it's making them a FORTUNE in toys. I don't know how many of you guys have kids but all of my friends who have boys between 3 and 8 ALL have tons of Cars. They're like Matchbox cars for that generation.

I think TS3 doesn't crack my Top 5 pixar, but it's pretty close.

For me it goes something like
1. Up
2. Wall-E
3. Monsters Inc
4. TS2
5. Incredibles

For a company with a somewhat limited movie catalog, I bet if everyone listed their top 5 we'd still see a pretty diverse list, and that's saying something.

Yeah it doesn't crack my top five.

1. Finding Nemo
2. Monsters Inc
3. Up
4. WALL-E
5. Toy Story 2

Then again it's not that far behind those either. I can watch Pixar movies over and over. There isn't one that I don't like.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Awesome. Got 1 & 2 for my daughter two months ago. Told her 3 was out in the movies and she was sooooo excited. She is 4. She ate her popcorn during the whole movie and never blinked.

Although they made the monkey a little TOO scary. My daughter couldnt sleep alone the two days after.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took my 8 yr old granddaughter...she absolutely loved it. She takes Flamenco dancing and Spanish lessons so she especially liked the Spanish speaking part of the movie.

I actually enjoyed it myself.... I thought the Ken character was funny as hell, Nehru jacket and all

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took my 8 yr old granddaughter...she absolutely loved it. She takes Flamenco dancing and Spanish lessons so she especially liked the Spanish speaking part of the movie.

I actually enjoyed it myself.... I thought the Ken character was funny as hell, Nehru jacket and all

My kids love that part also.

Now when we watch Toy Story 1 or 2 I set it to play in Spanish. The kids get a kick out of it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it doesn't crack my top five.

1. Finding Nemo
2. Monsters Inc
3. Up
4. WALL-E
5. Toy Story 2

Then again it's not that far behind those either. I can watch Pixar movies over and over. There isn't one that I don't like.

1. Nemo
2. Wall-E
3. Toy Story 2
4. Monsters Inc.
5. The Incredibles
6. Toy Story
7. Toy Story 3
8. Bug's Life
9. Up
10. Rattattouielle
11. Cars

is probably how my list would go. am i missing any there? And really, there's not a "bad" one in the bunch.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
1. Nemo
2. Wall-E
3. Toy Story 2
4. Monsters Inc.
5. The Incredibles
6. Toy Story
7. Toy Story 3
8. Bug's Life
9. Up
10. Rattattouielle
11. Cars

is probably how my list would go. am i missing any there? And really, there's not a "bad" one in the bunch.

Yeah. If you're a company whose worst movie is "Cars", I'd say you're doing pretty good. :)

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Absolutely wonderful. 5 out of 5 stars on virtually every level.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
It was OK I guess. I wouldn't have bothered to watch it if my kids didn't want to see it.

They are going for the Best Picture oscar. They certainly deserve a nomination. I highly doubt they can win it but who knows. I will say the ad campaign they are going to put out sounds amazing. Can't wait to see some of these spots.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/osc...ing-for-the-best-picture-win-for-toy-story-3/

Pretty tough competition that year...

WINNER
The King's Speech: Iain Canning, Emile Sherman, Gareth Unwin
NOMINEES
127 Hours: Christian Colson, Danny Boyle, John Smithson
Black Swan: Mike Medavoy, Brian Oliver, Scott Franklin
The Fighter: David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman, Mark Wahlberg
Inception: Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas
The Kids Are All Right: Gary Gilbert, Jeffrey Levy-Hinte, Celine Rattray
The Social Network: Scott Rudin, Dana Brunetti, Michael De Luca, Ceán Chaffin
Toy Story 3: Darla K. Anderson
True Grit: Ethan Coen, Joel Coen, Scott Rudin
Winter's Bone: Anne Rosellini, Alix Madigan

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
saw this fathers day in the IMAX theatre when it came out. Great movie. Toy story trilogy is one of the best family trilogies out there IMO.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was easily as entertaining as The Kids Are Alright, Social Network and True Grit (not the John Wayne one), in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard