Torain done for the year

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
That really hurts, hopefully Herring will be able to step up and carry the load. I really liked the two back combo though.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
That sucks, he had a nice, but short career here at ASU. Herring is a stud though...we won't miss Torain very much. Herring should do great and Nance is pretty talented too.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'll miss Torain's power. And for a team that loves to run, losing quality depth could hurt.

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
This hurts...real bad! I have faith that we can overcome this but damn this hurts bad!

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
We'll miss Torain's power. And for a team that loves to run, losing quality depth could hurt.

:yeahthat:

That really sucks, but I hope he can recover and make it in the NFL.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
We need Jarell Woods to come back quick. Keegan is good but I don't believe he's an every down back. Jarrell Woods is a power back similar to Torain. I am excited to see what Nance can do with more PT. Losing Torain hurts

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least his injury wasn't a knee injury. He should recover fully and still be a high NFL draft pick.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Huge loss but with the 3 headed monster of Herring, Nance & Woods we'll be fine. BTW I believe Rudy Burgess played TB as a freshman and would be able to slide back there if the need arises.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need Jarell Woods to come back quick. Keegan is good but I don't believe he's an every down back. Jarrell Woods is a power back similar to Torain. I am excited to see what Nance can do with more PT. Losing Torain hurts

Woods is no closer to being an everydown back, either. He doesn't know the offense.

Herring and Nance as a combo should do well in a rotation, with Preston Jones getting some late carries on fresh legs. I'm betting Woods remains 4th on the depth chart until at least Oregon.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
It's not the yards I'm worried about...it's the carries at the goalline. Herring is just as talented as Torain, but we no longer have a power runner. As long as the O-line does there job it shouldn't be a huge issue. Oregon also lost their best HB for the season.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oregon also lost their best HB for the season.

Oregon's best running back is Jonathan Stewart, who was the highest rated recruit in the country a few years ago. He's still healthy. They lost Jeremiah Johnson, who served sort of a Keegan Herring type role for the Ducks. Stewart hasn't shown he's capable of handling the major load of carries for a season -- he's injury prone -- so losing Johnson means Stewart's going to take a beating.

But have no doubt that Stewart gets a defense's attention every time he touches the ball.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson