Top Gun: Maverick

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching tonight! And I won't be stoned.... at least not until I get home!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my two free tickets thanks to a night out at Applebees. Will probably try to catch it next week or the week after when the crowds won't be as bad.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK this movie was freaking fantastic! It literally had the perfect amount of nostalgia, acting, cheese, comedy, action etc…. The music the throwbacks…. All very very well done in my opinion and I can see why they wanted to wait to actually have it be released in the theater with full crowds to appreciate it… Just awesome I’ll be seeing it in the theater again!!!!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK this movie was freaking fantastic! It literally had the perfect amount of nostalgia, acting, cheese, comedy, action etc…. The music the throwbacks…. All very very well done in my opinion and I can see why they wanted to wait to actually have it be released in the theater with full crowds to appreciate it… Just awesome I’ll be seeing it in the theater again!!!!
Well, now I'm officially stoked!

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Saw it last night and was grinning ear-to-ear the entire time. Just the right amount of nostalgia/throwbacks to remind you what was awesome about the original but not too much to allow it to be its own film. As expected, the flight scenes were amazing and must be experienced in theatre if you can.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it last night and was grinning ear-to-ear the entire time. Just the right amount of nostalgia/throwbacks to remind you what was awesome about the original but not too much to allow it to be its own film. As expected, the flight scenes were amazing and must be experienced in theatre if you can.
Yup smiling the whole time as well.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So good. So fun to watch, also tense and emotional.

Jennifer Connelly looks GOOD. Damn.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the best sequels I have ever seen. Showed the kids the original and they liked this one better.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing it today but am just furious. I kept myself away from all spoilers for TWO YEARS and then I was talking to this old guy who saw it Friday night… I asked if they liked it, but specifically said BUT NO SPOILERS! And then he just proceeded to throw out like three things that happen that I’m pretty sure are big spoilers (but won’t spoil here).

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing it today but am just furious. I kept myself away from all spoilers for TWO YEARS and then I was talking to this old guy who saw it Friday night… I asked if they liked it, but specifically said BUT NO SPOILERS! And then he just proceeded to throw out like three things that happen that I’m pretty sure are big spoilers (but won’t spoil here).
I would have cut his ass off and said that’s enough after the 1st

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have cut his ass off and said that’s enough after the 1st
I tried.

I’m big f’n mad over here. Just got some pretty bad health news about our mom and was looking forward to this, counting down the days to go in blind for a sure-fire two hours to totally turn off my brain and escape and that f’n douche tarnished a little of that. I’m sure I’ll still love the movie, but I loathe going into movies I can’t wait to see with spoilers.

This also happened with someone else and the last Bond film that I was also dying to see for two years when it was pushed.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure the movie had things in it I wasn't already expecting. So, I don't think anything he told you could really spoil it?!?

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I am not sure the movie had things in it I wasn't already expecting. So, I don't think anything he told you could really spoil it?!?

Yeah.

Not sure if there are many plot items that would impact the movie.

Maybe some of the scenes or call backs that got a good reaction

The film itself is pretty straight forward

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a top 3 Tom Cruise movie in my opinion with A Few Good Men and the OG Top Gun all right there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson