Top available coaches with NBA head coaching experience?

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
If we end up moving on from Igor it seems imperative that we get a coach with some NBA head coaching experience. Who are the top coaches that are available WITH RECENT NBA HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE that you would like the Suns to go after?

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With the way the Bucks have played I'm starting to regret missing out on Budenholzer.

What about Ime Udoka or Becky Hammon? I think there's something to be said for sticking to Popovich's coaching tree, particularly to continue to help Ayton develop.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
With the way the Bucks have played I'm starting to regret missing out on Budenholzer.

What about Ime Udoka or Becky Hammon? I think there's something to be said for sticking to Popovich's coaching tree, particularly to continue to help Ayton develop.
I just don’t see us going with another unproven coach. Seems important to find a candidate who has coached in the NBA before.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We didn’t miss out on him he didn’t want this job and Fizdale flat out turned down the interview.

No one wants this job. Sarver has a huge reputation around the league.

It will be another first time cheap head coach whoever it is

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
We didn’t miss out on him he didn’t want this job and Fizdale flat out turned down the interview.

No one wants this job. Sarver has a huge reputation around the league.

It will be another first time cheap head coach whoever it is
None of what you said is actually true

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
For one thing they did interview Fizdale

And if Budenholzer did not want the job he wouldnt have met with them for like two days...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

And if Budenholzer did not want the job he wouldnt have met with them for like two days...
I can't respond about Fizdale, but your second sentence is pure conjecture and has no basis in fact. What if on the 2nd day, he met with Sarver and said thanks, but no thanks? How can you be sure?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I can't respond about Fizdale, but your second sentence is pure conjecture and has no basis in fact. What if on the 2nd day, he met with Sarver and said thanks, but no thanks? How can you be sure?

I never said anything about that, I replied to the guy claiming Budenholzer did not want the job.

If Budenholzer didnt want the job he wouldnt have interviewed for it.

Also McDonough came out after that and said tgat both sides determined that it wasnt a good fit.

Budenholzer probably wanted more power over roster decisions than McDonough was willing to give up would be my guess.

Stating that Budenholzer didnt want the Suns coaching job is simply false.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, slin, tell us what is the truth?

I'm not the slin but we know that Fizdale and Bud both interviewed. We know that Bud talked with Sarver on the 2nd day and no deal was made. We also know that Fizdale reportedly claimed to have been offered the job but we heard otherwise from I believe a Gambo report (as opposed to a Gambo rant or opinion). Everything else is mostly speculation.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I .... would be okay with that. Question is, would he want to come back? It's been seven years since he coached.

I suspect he would want to coach again and today's game is probably right up his alley. But I don't know if he'd like to take over another young struggling team with a questionable management group behind him after his experience in Sacramento.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect he would want to coach again and today's game is probably right up his alley. But I don't know if he'd like to take over another young struggling team with a questionable management group behind him after his experience in Sacramento.

can we just call this group what they are? Atrocious and inexperienced.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I never said anything about that, I replied to the guy claiming Budenholzer did not want the job.

Also McDonough came out after that and said tgat both sides determined that it wasnt a good fit.

Budenholzer probably wanted more power over roster decisions than McDonough was willing to give up would be my guess.

That is pure conjecture (Bud's reason) and I really don't think it likely. I am not sure how much control he has in Milwaukee. What Bud does have in Milwaukee is the freak. Here he has Book. He is also in the Easter Conference in Milwaukee. It was just a better gig.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

No it’s not. As of today, we know Budenholzer didn’t want the job, probably as a result of his 2-day interview. He was probably interested before the interview but today he didn’t want it. He did not want the job after his interview. That is true.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it’s not. As of today, we know Budenholzer didn’t want the job, probably as a result of his 2-day interview. He was probably interested before the interview but today he didn’t want it. He did not want the job after his interview. That is true.

yeah... trying to argue otherwise is engaging in mental gymnastics the likes of which only Igor defenders are adept to as this point.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score

Bingo. But more likely sarver is the one who wouldn't relinquish enough control of the team. Same reason we won't hire a decent coach unless sarver steps aside and lets a real gm take control. In other words never.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What's Jay Triano doing? We could double our win total next year. (And still come in last).

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

I find it difficult to understand that anyone is defending Suns management in any way.

They have ruined our team. And embarrassed our community. Last season the Suns were called a laughingstock.

This season they are projected losers in every single game they play. And they have lived down to it, with very few exceptions.

The Suns are a failure, from top to bottom. They have not proven otherwise and give us no hope for gain right to the present.

How can that be alibied? Why should it be? It is way past the point of defending.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
yeah... trying to argue otherwise is engaging in mental gymnastics the likes of which only Igor defenders are adept to as this point.
Igor defenders, Ayton haters, Booker apologists. Why do these crap labels exist on this forum? Of course we all see things differently. And because the team is really struggling right now I guess it makes sense to attack posters?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Igor defenders, Ayton haters, Booker apologists. Why do these crap labels exist on this forum? Of course we all see things differently. And because the team is really struggling right now I guess it makes sense to attack posters?

There's an old saying that the true intelligence of another person is how much he agrees with you. So if you guys could just get smarter and agree with me all the time I wouldn't have to attack so often. But seriously, I used to feel like I knew what this team needed. I used to believe I knew what this country needed. Now? I have no clue what will solve the Suns problems any more than I can fix this nation. So if we need another label, put me in the dazed and confused group.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's an old saying that the true intelligence of another person is how much he agrees with you. So if you guys could just get smarter and agree with me all the time I wouldn't have to attack so often. But seriously, I used to feel like I knew what this team needed. I used to believe I knew what this country needed. Now? I have no clue what will solve the Suns problems any more than I can fix this nation. So if we need another label, put me in the dazed and confused group.
This post reminded me of this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson