Top 7 Players in the NBA Draft

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Please enlighten us with your mountain of evidence that James Jones is a terrible GM.
Chap - what part of the myriad times I’ve said I’m neutral on jones don’t you seem to want to understand? There’s positives and negatives. Go find my post about those if you want to rehash bc (a) I’m sure you already read it; and (b) not typing it again.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chap - what part of the myriad times I’ve said I’m neutral on jones don’t you seem to want to understand? There’s positives and negatives. Go find my post about those if you want to rehash bc (a) I’m sure you already read it; and (b) not typing it again.
Then why are you so adamant about the quote? How can you be neutral when you continually say that he doesn't want to actually be a GM?? That makes less sense than anything you've said so far.

taz02

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not sure about Jones, there are some positives and some concerns. My concern is that we seem to need 3 or at least 2 people to do one job.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about Jones, there are some positives and some concerns. My concern is that we seem to need 3 or at least 2 people to do one job.

agreed with all of this. Jones got value for (can't remember the name of worthless PF to get Johnson who brought at least a semblance of stability to the roster. And while I believe he contributed to the clusterfrack of that first deal gone wrong with the Wiz-Grizz, the ability to adjust on the fly and get something even better does show adaptability which is good.

But other things reported just give me pause, and the fact that he was likely in on some of the decisions that produced an absolutely atrocious product for the first 2/3s of the season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Then why are you so adamant about the quote? How can you be neutral when you continually say that he doesn't want to actually be a GM?? That makes less sense than anything you've said so far.
I’ve never said those words. I said his claim that he doesn’t think he needs to put in the hours is concerning to me and that it weighs in heavily in the negative column.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score

None of the people that are skeptical have EVER SAID THIS.

Jesus Christ! I can't for the life of me understand people who can't discuss something without basic knowledge of facts or distorting others opinions. It's beyond annoying.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Please enlighten us with your mountain of evidence that James Jones is a terrible GM.

Please enlighten us with Ouchie's (or anyone else who's skeptical of Jones) ACTUAL WORDS where he said Jones is a terrible GM.

If you can't make your point without basic knowledge of fact or outright lying about what others are saying, you don't really have a point to make.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what worries me about it.

If he doesn't want to do scouting or care about it, and he doesn't want to be in constant communication with other GM's, then he is only doing half the job.

If Bower does that second part of the job - fine, but if that is the case does James get to make uniformed final decisions because he has a higher rank?

I agree with you 100%. This is my concern as well. Hopefully the Suns rebuild their scouting department.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
None of the people that are skeptical have EVER SAID THIS.

Jesus Christ! I can't for the life of me understand people who can't discuss something without basic knowledge of facts or distorting others opinions. It's beyond annoying.
Wow you really have a problem.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ESPN article @cheesebeef mentioned, should be the handbook for the modern day Suns fan.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26088024/inside-phoenix-suns-messy-dysfunctional-front-office
There are so many criticisms of Suns leadership that to even recap them would not fit here.

Under Robert Sarver, the Phoenix Suns are the "perfect storm" and storms cause nothing
but destruction. Look at the Suns record and constantly unbalanced rosters. That is
destruction. Stabs in the dark. Unskilled management from top to bottom.

It is the Ford Edsel of basketball teams. Imagine the reaction of Edsel Ford when the car
was named after him and failed miserably.

Maybe the Suns should change their name to the Phoenix Sarvers. With his ego, Robert
Sarver might then consider not just squeezing the most money out of them, but invest
properly in the success of our team.

Last edited:

Yuma

Working from home. Missing my free coffee!
Reaction score
I came here to read about top 7 players in the NBA draft. Can we just make one thread where Cheesebeef, Ouchie, Chaplin, et all, just argue about who can read, who is a troll, etc? Then we could use the rest of every thread to talk about the topic of the thread? Every time an argument errupts you take it to the "Outside" thread. Like, you wanna take this Outside?

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow you really have a problem.

Obviously! People who consistently lie about what others say, argue without facts and go to such amazing levels of denial to avoid ever admitting they're wrong that they would make Trump blush is a problem for me. Insane in the membrane, right?!

Meanwhile, you literally haven't refuted a single question I asked above in multiple posts or given any actual facts to rebut the reality that you consistently distort or flat out bold face lied about others opinions in this thread. I'm sure, you'll now respond... per usual, when proven demonstrably wrong... that I'm an attack dog... or deranged. But the truth is, I'm just looking for accountability when someone consistently lies or makes up facts. Again... cray cray, I know.

WOOF!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Obviously! People who consistently lie about what others say, argue without facts and go to such amazing levels of denial to avoid ever admitting they're wrong that they would make Trump blush is a problem for me. Insane in the membrane, right?!

Meanwhile, you literally haven't refuted a single question I asked above in multiple posts or given any actual facts to rebut the reality that you consistently distort or flat out bold face lied about others opinions in this thread. I'm sure, you'll now respond... per usual, when proven demonstrably wrong... that I'm an attack dog... or deranged. But the truth is, I'm just looking for accountability when someone consistently lies or makes up facts. Again... cray cray, I know.

WOOF!
You are an attack dog. Not sure why that’s so hard to understand. You always have been. You are disrespectful, crass and never have anything nice to say to people.

You consistently make personal attacks like this post above. I’m not making anything up. If having a differing opinion or different interpretation of something is lying in your world, I think it’s time to look up the meaning of the word lying. I think it’s high time you get called out as the bully you are.

Apologies go out to everyone else having to read this ridiculousness. God knows Cheese isn’t going to do it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You are an attack dog. Not sure why that’s so hard to understand. You always have been. You are disrespectful, crass and never have anything nice to say to people.

You consistently make personal attacks like this post above. I’m not making anything up. If having a differing opinion or different interpretation of something is lying in your world, I think it’s time to look up the meaning of the word lying. I think it’s high time you get called out as the bully you are.

Apologies go out to everyone else having to read this ridiculousness. God knows Cheese isn’t going to do it.
Hey chap - when you state that I’m saying jones doesn’t want to do analytics or that he doesn’t have skills when I haven’t said either you’re making something up. You’re putting words in my mouth. When I point out your wrong the least you could do is a mea culpa and admit that wasn’t what I said. I give you the benefit of the doubt that you don’t realize you’re putting words in my mouth, but when you repeatedly fail to own up to your actions it’s frustrating. And this is unfortunately a long history of this type of action. I just calmly call you out on it each time do you do so. Cheese gets pissed. I understand why. Your actions aren’t purposefully deceiving (at least I believe that to be the case), but as a fallacy without correction I can understand why cheese calls them “lies.” I think cheese gets carried away with you, but it’s really due to these actions.