Today’s Rumor (3/20/23) - Three teams have approached the Cardinals about the #3 pick

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
At that point i get some scouts on next years qb class...if they grade out stronger than these guys maybe i consider the trade. Better for seattle to get a B grade prospect this year than an A+ guy next year.

Of course... Pete might just trade up and take our guy, lol
The QB class this year likely pales in comparison to next year's. Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are significantly better than any QB in this year's draft and it isn't even close.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
The QB class this year likely pales in comparison to next year's. Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are significantly better than any QB in this year's draft and it isn't even close.
We should be able to get either one next year. I can definitely see a worse team than last season.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I'll be down to draft either if we get top 2. Then depending how much capital if we don't.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Two scenarios I would like to have fall to us. 1) trade down to 4 and get Anderson and get some added picks. 2) If Atlanta offers a 1 and 2 in 2023 and 2024 I would think long and hard about it. Atlanta will not be a playoff team next year and 2024 could be a mid to high pick.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which is why if so many people are against Kyler, we should be getting as much ammunition as we can for 2024.
lol

If Caleb & Drake are as great as Krang saying they are(Drake isn’t), it won’t matter how much ammunition we have if teams that were to somehow finish worse than us would be in prime position to draft such great QB prospects.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Oh! It is to me too.

That said, I think a more likely scenario is as follows. We are on the clock Draft Night and Indy then offers us a third or fourth to cover off the B-S factor because actually convincing them that we'll move down is a tough sell.

A third or fourth for a bluff would be fine by me. It's gravy.
They’ll get more, maybe stunningly more depending on who goes 1 & 2

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd be fine with a big trade down for a massive haul of picks. I like both Adebawore and Kancey further back and there will be good CB's there.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
as a Card fan if you want to trade back,... right now you need to be praying Richardson or Levis go first overall. Personally I think it will be Richardson.
if one of the guys perceived as a top 2 QB is still on the board 3 becomes more valuable...so we take the lighter trade with Indy and move to 4... at that point some team in the back of the top 10 is going to get desperate as they see the chance of losing the QB they thought they could wait for. Then we can either pick Anderson, or take the huge panic trade to move back.
Taking the trade leaves Anderson for Seattle... but taking Anderson leaves the trade for Seattle.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
as a Card fan if you want to trade back,... right now you need to be praying Richardson or Levis go first overall. Personally I think it will be Richardson.
if one of the guys perceived as a top 2 QB is still on the board 3 becomes more valuable...so we take the lighter trade with Indy and move to 4... at that point some team in the back of the top 10 is going to get desperate as they see the chance of losing the QB they thought they could wait for. Then we can either pick Anderson, or take the huge panic trade to move back.
Taking the trade leaves Anderson for Seattle... but taking Anderson leaves the trade for Seattle.
Most likely Stroud goes one and Young goes 2. Richardson might attract some interest if someone falls in love with him. Kiper has him going #5 to Seattle.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Most likely Stroud goes one and Young goes 2. Richardson might attract some interest if someone falls in love with him. Kiper has him going #5 to Seattle.
yeah. I think Carolina fell in love with him, just like they did Cam Newton...so they traded to 1 to make sure they got him

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Which is why if so many people are against Kyler, we should be getting as much ammunition as we can for 2024.

I have been highly critical of Kyler obviously, but I do feel bad for him. He will be returning from significant injury to a team that is essentially a raging dumpster fire. While he should improve the offense over the weekly horror show we are likely to see under McCoy/Blough, it likely won't be enough to prevent a top 3 pick in the following draft.(and very good QB choices).

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If not sure that Michael will let it happen, but based on our depleted roster I think that Carter would be a better pick than Anderson, even though I do like Anderson. We do have some Edge talent, but our Inside guys are pretty bad. Also, while hoping that Carter's off field problems are behind him, and he'll be wanting to send a message with his play.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If not sure that Michael will let it happen, but based on our depleted roster I think that Carter would be a better pick than Anderson, even though I do like Anderson. We do have some Edge talent, but our Inside guys are pretty bad. Also, while hoping that Carter's off field problems are behind him, and he'll be wanting to send a message with his play.
You mean like the message he sent at his pro day?

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Idk what’s the difference between Richardson and Josh Allen when he came out?

Both have cannon arms. Physical specimens, ram a pro-style offense in college. Both were inaccurate coming out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose