Today’s Draft Rumor

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well no, not this year. Maybe we pick up an extra 3rd. But it would give us extra picks next year when we are hopefully ascending.

Another way to look at it is if Kyler comes back this year and sucks again you have 2 first round picks next year to move up and get a replacement.

If not next year then the year after depending on the trade.
I agree that snagging two firsts next year is nice and might want Monti to pull that trigger--provided Anderson is gone. He's who I want us to draft. I know, that's a surprise coming from me :D

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree that snagging two firsts next year is nice and might want Monti to pull that trigger--provided Anderson is gone. He's who I want us to draft. I know, that's a surprise coming from me :D

Same. I've see sawed on this for weeks. I can see both sides and there are some very good players we could draft at CB and OT. Both major needs.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I was merely pointing out that the main argument (that I am arguing AGAINST, not FOR) is that we need to fill the roster holes this year. I was specifically replying to a trade idea that had two future 1sts and pointing out that it didn't fit the "trade down to fill roster holes" posters' narrative. I'm fine with trading down for future picks, IF Anderson is unavailable. That would be great!
Got it.

From playing around with the mock draft simulators, I think if Anderson is gone, it's absolutely optimal to trade back. The ideal would be to trade back multiple times. There are literally around five or six players that I think could immediately help the team.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
People keeping talking "if Anderson is available" like QBs aren't going 1 and 2.
I like Anderson.

I also think that while Chicago would like Anderson as well, they'd be crazy to stay at one and draft him there. If I'm at number one and I already have a QB, I'm trading down most of the time.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
People keeping talking "if Anderson is available" like QBs aren't going 1 and 2.
The only real possibility is the Bears are content with a trade down with the Texans and draft him. I suppose he could go #1, but I highly doubt it yeah.

Our best bet is to sell the trading out and hope the Colts like a QB after Stroud/Young and we do that essentially the same scenario.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The only real possibility is the Bears are content with a trade down with the Texans and draft him. I suppose he could go #1, but I highly doubt it yeah.

Our best bet is to sell the trading out and hope the Colts like a QB after Stroud/Young and we do that essentially the same scenario.

INDY could still be interested in QB#2, and the Bears could conceivably trade down with Indy after flipping with the Texans.

The Cards get Anderson at #3.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Got it.

From playing around with the mock draft simulators, I think if Anderson is gone, it's absolutely optimal to trade back. The ideal would be to trade back multiple times. There are literally around five or six players that I think could immediately help the team.
God yes. Nobody would scream "must pick" and teams would still covet #3 because of the QBs.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
God yes. Nobody would scream "must pick" and teams would still covet #3 because of the QBs.
I would take Wilson, Murphy, Bresee, Gonzalez, Witherspoon, Johnson, Skoronski, Addison, and a few others in no particular order.

All could help the Cardinals.

If the Cardinals could move down and add 3 day two picks, I'd be ecstatic.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would take Wilson, Murphy, Bresee, Gonzalez, Witherspoon, Johnson, Skoronski, Addison, and a few others in no particular order.

All could help the Cardinals.

If the Cardinals could move down and add 3 day two picks, I'd be ecstatic.
I love how during the season we talk about needing to build up the lines and then draft season comes around and the now we start talking about WRs and CBs.

And as much as I like the idea of building the lines, I am not passing on Will Anderson for an OG or a 253lb DE from Clemson lacking elite rush traits.

We have enough mid, we need some great.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I love how during the season we talk about needing to build up the lines and then draft season comes around and the now we start talking about WRs and CBs.

And as much as I like the idea of building the lines, I am not passing on Will Anderson for an OG or a 253lb DE from Clemson lacking elite rush traits.

We have enough mid, we need some great.
I'm talking about IF Anderson is gone.

I absolutely agree, that the Cardinals should focus on OL/DL.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i guess i have been assuming a Chi / Houston pick flip, with Chicago to take Anderson

i think the Carter issues impact CHI almost as much as Arizona

prior: Chicago had two teams they would have been happy to deal with in Hou and Indy -- with the result being a trade down and they end up with one of Carter or Anderson

now -- its just Houston. All the arguments you make for the Cards (and i agree with them) apply to Chicago too.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
i guess i have been assuming a Chi / Houston pick flip, with Chicago to take Anderson

i think the Carter issues impact CHI almost as much as Arizona

prior: Chicago had two teams they would have been happy to deal with in Hou and Indy -- with the result being a trade down and they end up with one of Carter or Anderson

now -- its just Houston. All the arguments you make for the Cards (and i agree with them) apply to Chicago too.
This is assuming that the Bears and other NFL teams view this as a two player draft.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This is assuming that the Bears and other NFL teams view this as a two player draft.
The Bears are a bit more of a wild card with Carter likely out of the picture. Initially the Bears were torn between Carter & Anderson. Now if they trade with Indy and the Cards take Anderson they’re left with Wilson or Myers. They’re good players but a significsnt drop from Anderson. They may still trade down, maybe even twice, but it’s nolonger a certainty.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
really, a one "true blue chip" position player draft

its the entire premise behind the "gah - dont pass on Anderson in a trade down" angst for the Cards

i think Anderson's combine showing -- which validated all his film -- just made him a no brainer

maybe Chicago overthinks this and he is there at 3, but i am skeptical

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

its the entire premise behind the "gah - dont pass on Anderson in a trade down" angst for the Cards

i think Anderson's combine showing -- which validated all his film -- just made him a no brainer

Anderson is a stud no doubt.

I don't buy he the only blue chip player though.

I think Gonzalez is a sure fire CB1. I think Skoronski's floor is pro bowl Guard if not Tackle.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll say it again, at this point I don’t see anybody trading up for the first pick for a Qb with this group of QB’s.
The Bears have a gazillion dollars in cap space. They could be very happy taking Anderson with the first pick and making him the cornerstone of their defense.
Maybe there’s a team out there that would trade with the Bears for Anderson.
I really think one way or the other Anderson won’t be there when we are on the clock. If he is the only way I don’t take him is if we indeed get a kings ransom. And by that I mean a KINGS RANSOM.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Kiper doesn't think that Anderson is as good as Joey Bosa, Nic Bosa, or Myles Garrett.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kiper doesn't think that Anderson is as good as Joey Bosa, Nic Bosa, or Myles Garrett.
Yeah it really does seem this is a "no player draft". The top 2 non QB prospects are seen as far inferior to similar players drafted highly in recent years and the rumors are a lot of teams only have 15 players with a 1st round grade.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah it really does seem this is a "no player draft". The top 2 non QB prospects are seen as far inferior to similar players drafted highly in recent years and the rumors are a lot of teams only have 15 players with a 1st round grade.
I wouldn't say far inferior. Anderson is pretty good, but he's not Bosa good.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
I remember several years ago when Cards had a high pick and traded it away, then had the 17th and 19th pick. Best of my memory, neither pick amounted to anything. I’d say go after the best player on the board with No. 3. That said, I’d do a darn good job of interviewing the player to ensure he’s a character guy. Folks make mistakes, can feel true remorse and learn from those errors. If there’s a pattern of irrational behavior, then pass to next player on the board or pull the trade.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
The question was asked years ago...and to date it still has not been determined whether mel kiper junior has ever worn a jock strap.
No, but he, like all prognosticators, eats one following each and every draft. If you can guess 7 out of the first 32 picks in any draft, you have done better than the rest. It is a hard job, but someone has to do it.

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anderson is a stud no doubt.

I don't buy he the only blue chip player though.

I think Gonzalez is a sure fire CB1. I think Skoronski's floor is pro bowl Guard if not Tackle.
….He’s starting to believe we’ll miss out on Anderson so he’s trying to convince himself that Gonzalez & a Guard are gonna be better players than him, lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose