TNF: Packers @ Seahags

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McCarthy will be fired at the end of the season. Although he's not a great coach, he's the type of offensive mind that I like as a HC. He's still way better than what we currently have. If we fire Keim/Wilks, I'm sure that any GM that we bring in would have McCarthy on his list.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McCarthy will be fired at the end of the season. Although he's not a great coach, he's the type of offensive mind that I like as a HC. He's still way better than what we currently have. If we fire Keim/Wilks, I'm sure that any GM that we bring in would have McCarthy on his list.
If he can't win with Aaron Rogers do you honestly think he can win here?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he can't win with Aaron Rogers do you honestly think he can win here?

Let’s not go that far. He did win a SB & has a .625 regular season winning percentage. He’s 10-8 in playoff games. His OC stints with SF & NO were successful also. With a healthy AR, he’s won. Problem is that AR is getting gimpy as he ages. With Rosen, who’s to say he doesn’t have a young AR. Even with some of his warts, he’s significantly better than 90% of the HC’s we’ve seen in our woeful franchise history. Bottom line, we could do a LOT worse than Mike McCarthy. Hell, look at what we currently have.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy keeps the Golden Corral franchise profitable. he is right up there with the Marvin Lewis mediocrity coaching club. Wins just enough to keep his job with a GOAT QB. He is not a brilliant OC/HC. He has the pictures.

BTW;

NFL head coaches under whom Mike McCarthy has served:

Assistant coaches under Mike McCarthy who became NFL head coaches:

Assistant coaches under Mike McCarthy who became NCAA head coaches:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are guys really acting like McCarthy would not be an improvement over Wilks?

I would take him in a heart beat.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wilkes is

Wilkes is such a low bar to reach that he is an invalid barometer for improvement. Mc Carthy would be baby steps.

He butchered that game management. Burned 2 early timeouts because he was late getting plays in. He didn't challenge the Tyler Lockett non catch. He punted the ball out of Aaron Rodgers hands. He is one of those HCs who calls his own plays and sacrifices in game decisions because of it. He has a history of poor game management. Let Rodgers call the plays. :soapbox:

Last edited:

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

We don’t need an improvement over Wilks.

My brother, who lives in Italy and basically never seen American Football would be an improvement over Wilks .

I want the new Belicheck not an improvement to mediocrity !