Titans fire Special teams coordinator

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Bobby April used to have a pretty good track record. I wonder what happened in Tenn...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Simple. Our Special Teams coach has been buddy-buddy with Arians since his Temple days.
Which is ironic when you consider that coaches and players always preach that the NFL is "a business'. In business...if someone is under-performing..you cut ties with them...regardless if you're friends with them or not.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is supposed to be a business. Championship teams are ran like a business. It's not just something you tell the scrubs on cut day to make them feel better. Unfortunately BA has co-opted this team to run his charity Brucey's Friends and his other charity Crappy Players Named Drew.

Why oh why... Replacing a bad punter is the easiest position to fill. BA couldn't be bothered for going on 3 seasons now. ST coach is easy to fill so we have the same situation with Infamous Amos. Of course Stanton would take all about one phone call over the course of 3 years to upgrade him but we can't be bothered, in fact we give him a raise of all things.

The point is we have bottom of the barrel personell so it is so easy to upgrade to something better even if they are just mediocre.

I've posed this before, but more and more I'm starting to believe that while BA got us out of Egypt he won't take us to the promised land.

Ya know why? He wants to do it on his terms. If he isn't willing to fire charity cases to improve the team what makes you think he will do any of the other not so obvious fixes or personnel changes that are required to make this team championship caliber.

You can never take away that BA was amazing for the cards, but I'm starting to question if the cards have already peaked under his tenure. Not to say BA is a bad coach or we need a different one, but maybe we need to temper our expectations until the next era when we have a younger solid qb and a cut throat coach.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I actually tweeted the schefter post to Arians, Keim & the AZ Cards feeds asking them to display the same type of accountability.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I reaiize our ST play may have cost us at least two W's but to make a coaching change during a season may be an admission that the organization is dysfunctional and that admission might cause more harm than good.

To make a move right now may contribute to instability at a time when remaining steady is key.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson