TIME TO GET RICH: Kyler Passing O/U

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FRFR! Get in now and GET RICH! Sam Howell passed for over 3900 yards last season! Do you believe in Monti or not?
I don’t believe in anybody’s ability to stay healthy for 17 games enough to put money on it… One decent 6 week injury you’re likely just throwing money down the drain

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who Is going tò throw the ball tò Nabers?
Probably Drew Lock for the first half of the season and who knows after that. Maybe they go after Tannehill? But it's hard to imagine now seeing what Jones has once he's cleared.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3385? Is he missing 5 games?
Quite possibly, but even if he doesn't I don't know where all these predictions of 4000 yards passing are coming from.

Our receiving core still isn't that great.

Combine that with it being pretty clear Petzing does not go for big plays but instead likes ball control which isn't really conducive to huge yardage.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Quite possibly, but even if he doesn't I don't know where all these predictions of 4000 yards passing are coming from.

Combine that with it being pretty clear Petzing does not go for big plays but instead likes ball control which isn't really conducive to huge yardage.
Jordan Love threw for 4100 yards passing to a bunch of rookies and second-year players. Ten QBs threw for over 4k yards last year in a season when offense was down. 16 QBs threw for 3600+ yards.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Fans have some weird perception of what a receiving corp should be. Like if it's not Chase, Higgins, Boyd 2 years ago it's weak.

MHJ is possibly the best WR prospect since Megatron. Michael Wilson has 45 yards per game as a rookie and played most of the year with Dobbs, he's going to have a great year.

McBride had over 800 yards at TE after having only 80 through 5 games.

Jordan Love had 4159 yards passing and his leading receiver was Jayden Reed with 793 yards. His corp was Reed, Doubs, Wicks, Heath, Musgrave, Kraft and 9 games of Christian Watson.

Sam Howell was 50 yards short of 4000 and could only get 1002 yards out of McLaurin, nobody else topped 613.

This wide receiver group is more than good enough for Kyler to top 4000 yards.

If MHJ and McBride don't both break 1000 then that's on Kyler.

Last edited:

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jordan Love had 4159 yards passing....

Sam Howell was 50 yards short of 4000....
I don't think the receiving corps is the primary stumbling block for Murray to reach 4000 yards.

Jordan Love and Sam Howell each played 17 games last season; Murray has averaged 13 games per season over his career, and 11 over the last three years. And he had fewer than 4000 yards in each of his first two seasons with decent WR and TE groups and a much more wide open and less run oriented offense.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless you’re a casual, this is a really good WR group.

Wait, so our receiving group isn't great but this bunch that didn't have anyone surpass 793 yards is really good?

People been ragging on Michael Wilson not being a #2 with 45 yards per game, but this is a really good group when the best on the team had 49 yards per game?

Come on man. If this is really good our room is great. I'd take our room all day, every day.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wait, so our receiving group isn't great
How did you even get here? lol.
People been ragging on Michael Wilson not being a #2 with 45 yards per game, but this is a really good group when the best on the team had 49 yards per game?
They have a BUNCH of really good WR2s. We have a possible good WR2 in Wilson, but ofc, the possible big problem with him will be durability.
I'd take our room all day, every day.
McBride is the only one that’s proven. We don’t expect it, but there’s a world where MHJR could end up not living up to the hype. He has not taken a NFL snap yet.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The assertion that 45 YPG is a meaningful stat when everyone already knows the context of it will never stop being hilarious to me.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fans have some weird perception of what a receiving corp should be. Like if it's not Chase, Higgins, Boyd 2 years ago it's weak.

MHJ is possibly the best WR prospect since Megatron. Michael Wilson has 45 yards per game as a rookie and played most of the year with Dobbs, he's going to have a great year.

McBride had over 800 yards at TE after having only 80 through 5 games.

Jordan Love had 4159 yards passing and his leading receiver was Jayden Reed with 793 yards. His corp was Reed, Doubs, Wicks, Heath, Musgrave, Kraft and 9 games of Christian Watson.

Sam Howell was 50 yards short of 4000 and could only get 1002 yards out of McLaurin, nobody else topped 613.

This wide receiver group is more than good enough for Kyler to top 4000 yards.

If MHJ and McBride don't both break 1000 then that's on Kyler.
Watching Packers games I think Matt Lafleur did an incredible job of scheming up his #1 read to be wide open or at least NFL open.

I just don't think Petzings in his class. Although TBF not many are. Maybe Kyler isn't in Love's but their offense looks easier.

Of course Love was in the same system for years, Lafleur knows his strengths/weaknesses, K1 injury, etc etc.

Just saying how it looked though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is really tempting. Even if Kyler misses 3 games, he has the weapons to easily clear 3300 yards.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think I'll take the under with Murray. This team is going to be run heavy with emphasis on chewing up the clock. Just because Murray has better weapons this year doesn't mean the offense is going to throw the ball more. I also think he will miss a couple of games or more.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort