Time for a Soccer-specific forum?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are probably 10,000x the posts about the other teams/countries of soccer vs Phoenix Rising. I am also under the opinion that the Phoenix Rising forum be renamed like Ronin posted.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have soccer on the TV quite a bit when we are traveling. Helps us sleep at night. ;)

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Phoenix Rising is about as popular (probably less so) than the Minnesota Aurora who are the current USL W Champs. And they play at a real stadium (Vikings Training Facility, oof)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You some foreigner?
In America we say Legos!!

The plural form Legos is chiefly American. Other regions tend to use Lego as a mass noun, and refer to Lego bricks and Lego sets.
Lego itself is not American in origin. The word is two Danish words combined. The words play and well.

Lego itself has said the plural of Lego is Lego and that they have Lego sets, Lego blocks, Lego pieces, Lego minifigs, etc.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lego itself is not American in origin. The word is two Danish words combined. The words play and well.

Lego itself has said the plural of Lego is Lego and that they have Lego sets, Lego blocks, Lego pieces, Lego minifigs, etc.
They are not the boss of me.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They also said Lego is not a noun, so if you are using it as a noun, you are ignoring them anyways.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Two big Champions League games today -- three blue-blood clubs! Who ya got?

I like Arsenal to get past Porto and Barca to get past Napoli.

The first leg of the Barca-Napoli was extremely aesthetically appealing from a uniform POV (@TruColor ). Excited to see what this matchup looks like.

Putting Arsenal behind a paywall should be a criminal offense (unless it's on Peacock).

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two big Champions League games today -- three blue-blood clubs! Who ya got?

I like Arsenal to get past Porto and Barca to get past Napoli.

The first leg of the Barca-Napoli was extremely aesthetically appealing from a uniform POV (@TruColor ). Excited to see what this matchup looks like.

Putting Arsenal behind a paywall should be a criminal offense (unless it's on Peacock).
Please oh please Sirius Radio play the Arsenal match. I don't think Champions Lg is on Peacock

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Please oh please Sirius Radio play the Arsenal match. I don't think Champions Lg is on Peacock
It's not it's on Paramount +. They suckered me into the trial last season. Never again (until City is in the Semis).

Barca is on Univision which I hope we still have on the ol' cable box.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not it's on Paramount +. They suckered me into the trial last season. Never again (until City is in the Semis).

Barca is on Univision which I hope we still have on the ol' cable box.
If you are willing to get Peacock for Premier League coverage, Paramount + is worth the $5.99 a month for Champions and Europa League. Even if the Conference league, SerieA, etc.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If you are willing to get Peacock for Premier League coverage, Paramount + is worth the $5.99 a month for Champions and Europa League. Even if the Conference league, SerieA, etc.

Not to me when I still have cable and I don't have interest in the Europa League, etc. Peacock delivers me the Sat-Sun Prem options I want, and CBS/Univision give me the four games per month (or whatever) on a random Tues-Wed.

My streaming combo is AppleTV+, Disney+, Peacock. I'll probably re-up with Paramount+ for the last couple rounds if they don't broadcast it.

What are your ideal quarterfinal draws? Here's what I'd like:

Arsenal - Real Madrid
Dortmond - Man City
PSG - Atletico
Bayern - Barca

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to me when I still have cable and I don't have interest in the Europa League, etc. Peacock delivers me the Sat-Sun Prem options I want, and CBS/Univision give me the four games per month (or whatever) on a random Tues-Wed.

My streaming combo is AppleTV+, Disney+, Peacock. I'll probably re-up with Paramount+ for the last couple rounds if they don't broadcast it.

What are your ideal quarterfinal draws? Here's what I'd like:

Arsenal - Real Madrid
Dortmond - Man City
PSG - Atletico
Bayern - Barca
:lame: Man City paid A LOT for that draw. Jerks.