Time for a Soccer-specific forum?

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sweet. Went to the Rising home opener. Birmingham’s goalie was cooking.
Rising have a really nice gameday experience and are playing in a good location for now. It's a shame that we can organize our pro soccer systems so they moved up to MLS.

It's funny that you can cruise the East Valley and find the remains of so many past Rising homes.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not to me when I still have cable and I don't have interest in the Europa League, etc. Peacock delivers me the Sat-Sun Prem options I want, and CBS/Univision give me the four games per month (or whatever) on a random Tues-Wed.

My streaming combo is AppleTV+, Disney+, Peacock. I'll probably re-up with Paramount+ for the last couple rounds if they don't broadcast it.

What are your ideal quarterfinal draws? Here's what I'd like:

Arsenal - Real Madrid
Dortmond - Man City
PSG - Atletico
Bayern - Barca

Final draw was extremely unfair and likely rigged. Audit UEFA!

Arsenal - Bayern
Atletico - Dortmund
Real - City
PSG - Barca

City will have to go through the winner of Bayern-Arsenal on the way to their consecutive treble.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to me when I still have cable and I don't have interest in the Europa League, etc. Peacock delivers me the Sat-Sun Prem options I want, and CBS/Univision give me the four games per month (or whatever) on a random Tues-Wed.

My streaming combo is AppleTV+, Disney+, Peacock. I'll probably re-up with Paramount+ for the last couple rounds if they don't broadcast it.

What are your ideal quarterfinal draws? Here's what I'd like:

Arsenal - Real Madrid
Dortmond - Man City
PSG - Atletico
Bayern - Barca
The further it goes along, the less you need to subscribe. There's no way that you won't be able to see the semi finals and the finals on CBS networks.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
The further it goes along, the less you need to subscribe. There's no way that you won't be able to see the semi finals and the finals on CBS networks.
Should be a heck of UCL finish! Brighton crashed out of Europa League, so my interest there has waned.

I have both Peacock and Paramount+. I primarily watch Premier League, so haven't gotten as big a use out of Paramount+, but will definitely try to watch the rest of UCL and USA games is a big draw too.

I'd really love to go to more Rising games, but with three young kids the 7:30 kickoff times for pretty much all of their games is prohibitive.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Should be a heck of UCL finish! Brighton crashed out of Europa League, so my interest there has waned.

I have both Peacock and Paramount+. I primarily watch Premier League, so haven't gotten as big a use out of Paramount+, but will definitely try to watch the rest of UCL and USA games is a big draw too.

I'd really love to go to more Rising games, but with three young kids the 7:30 kickoff times for pretty much all of their games is prohibitive.
Yeah the start time is tough with kids. We ride the train, generally just for the spectacle, and didn’t get home until… 11? Maybe earlier but not by much.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah the start time is tough with kids. We ride the train, generally just for the spectacle, and didn’t get home until… 11? Maybe earlier but not by much.
Yeah. That was a challenge to the game we went to, also. It was like a Friday night, though. I love taking the light rail.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yeah. That was a challenge to the game we went to, also. It was like a Friday night, though. I love taking the light rail.
I love the light rail, but how kid friendly is it? I've been on in the evenings/late night and didn't quite love the volume of riff raff and weird incidents.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the light rail, but how kid friendly is it? I've been on in the evenings/late night and didn't quite love the volume of riff raff and weird incidents.
If you are coming and going from an event (that has many other event-goers like baseball, you should be fine.

I haven't gone to a Rising game, but have driven by there before game time and the light rail was full of Rising fans getting off of it.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
If you are coming and going from an event (that has many other event-goers like baseball, you should be fine.

I haven't gone to a Rising game, but have driven by there before game time and the light rail was full of Rising fans getting off of it.
That makes sense...usually what I'd do for ASU games but obviously a different paradigm with bringing kids.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That makes sense...usually what I'd do for ASU games but obviously a different paradigm with bringing kids.
Yeah. Every time I’ve done it alongside an event it’s been just fans.

It thins out a little but there’s usually some security dude wandering around to keep the truly deranged in line.

Went to the end of the line with 2011 last season on dollar beer night and it was fine.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Yeah. Every time I’ve done it alongside an event it’s been just fans.

It thins out a little but there’s usually some security dude wandering around to keep the truly deranged in line.

Went to the end of the line with 2011 last season on dollar beer night and it was fine.
Dollar beer nights are the best!! Didn't realize they still did those, but went to a couple of those a few years back.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Great idea.

Here ya go:

So it's weirdly named Phoenix Rising, but whatever. That isn't the problem. It doesn't load the threads onto the forums correctly IS the problem.

I guess this was finally resolved? I had to catch up on tons of threads because of this problem. What happened to the forum that it wasn't showing new threads/highlighting threads with new posts?

Last edited: