Thunder @ Suns Wednesday game thread 3-8-2023

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns players getting in some work today.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Payne's side stance from 3 is so weird.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Lol you still think we were calling for Monty’s firing in the middle of the game? That’s hilarious.
Yessir just wanted to say my bad on my parts, I think you're good people and I shouldn't be antagonizing especially during close games like that when tensions are running high. I have no problem talking basketball with you, I don't want to hijack this thread anymore than I already have lol so please consider this a heartfelt apology and I hope we can move on in a positive manner, even when we disagree. So stay up chap, you got no ill will from me my man

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yessir just wanted to say my bad on my parts, I think you're good people and I shouldn't be antagonizing especially during close games like that when tensions are running high. I have no problem talking basketball with you, I don't want to hijack this thread anymore than I already have lol so please consider this a heartfelt apology and I hope we can move on in a positive manner, even when we disagree. So stay up chap, you got no ill will from me my man
To be fair, game threads are a different animal than the rest of the board. As they say, "What happens in the game thread, stays in the game thread."

Usually. Sometimes. Every so often.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've been thinking for a while Landry Shamet isn't coming back this season.

Anyone know if it's too late to apply for a disabled players exception, like they used for Saric last season?

It's not about the money as much as it is the roster spot. The Suns still have the MLE.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The fact Shamet was on the road with the team but then had to go home might suggest he was on his way to coming back but then suffered a set back. Could totally see this being the reasoning - wanting to get on the back on the court so badly, doing too much too soon. But I sure wish they were more forthcoming with the current diagnosis and it's status

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Too bad, we can't move the game with the Thunder up to tonight. We need something to talk about.

We are all Suns fans. It's all good.
Yeah, so we can continue talking about firing our head coach. ;) How about instead, we hire a strong assistant that specializes in in-game adjustments? That's what makes the most sense to me. Monty is a fantastic leader of men but he could use some help in the in-game and playoff series adjustments. We used to have just that in Willie Green.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell, I'll apologize to those I've gone hard at lamenting Bridges' loss. I'm just never one to get sentimental over pretty much anyone and if I think an upgrade can be made, I'm usually gonna be gung ho about it. I admit Bridges has shown a lot more already than he did here. Whether that's because it's a relatively pressure-free environment or because Monty's stubborn refusal to open up the offense to be more well rounded, only time will tell. I still disagree with his ultimate ceiling and I think people are putting really high standards on a trade where even one championship won't be enough to say the trade was worth it, but to each their own there and I'll keep my incredulity to myself when I see those statements from now and apologize for lashing out at those who have made them.

Olive branches for everyone!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, so we can continue talking about firing our head coach. ;) How about instead, we hire a strong assistant that specializes in in-game adjustments? That's what makes the most sense to me. Monty is a fantastic leader of men but he could use some help in the in-game and playoff series adjustments. We used to have just that in Willie Green.
agree

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Thunder are so young they probably won't feel a back-to-back as they beat the Warriors tonight.

Dario Saric had 14 points and 5 rebounds off the bench.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm thinking we'll catch the grizzlies

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm thinking we'll catch the grizzlies

Well if you catch Memphis you are also catching the Kings. I never thought I would say a game against the Kings would be huge but the game this Saturday could be huge in terms of standings. This is one of the games I bought tickets for because I figured it might be.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Well if you catch Memphis you are also catching the Kings. I never thought I would say a game against the Kings would be huge but the game this Saturday could be huge in terms of standings. This is one of the games I bought tickets for because I figured it might be.
Disagree (as usual). Kings aren't unraveling, just because they currently have the same record as Memphis doesn't mean jack squat. Both us and the Kings are 7-3 in our last 10 games. The Grizzlies have the whole Ja thing happening and lost one of their regular bench players for the rest of the year, while the Kings are rolling. But whatever you say.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree (as usual). Kings aren't unraveling, just because they currently have the same record as Memphis doesn't mean jack squat. Both us and the Kings are 7-3 in our last 10 games. The Grizzlies have the whole Ja thing happening and lost one of their regular bench players for the rest of the year, while the Kings are rolling. But whatever you say.
I don't think 2 games is out of the realm of possibility and we play them Saturday. We could pick up a game right there if both teams are the same pace. You are acting like 2 games is insurmountable. It's possible is what I am saying.

Nobody said anything about "unraveling". LOL.
But whatever you say.
Is that necessary or are you just trying to be antagonistic again?

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure how you are also catching the kings? We might catch them, but it will be tough.

But I do expect us to pass Memphis with this Ja mess.

Golden State, Sacramento, Denver would be a really nice path to the finals.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how you are also catching the kings? We might catch them, but it will be tough.

But I do expect us to pass Memphis with this Ja mess.

Golden State, Sacramento, Denver would be a really nice path to the finals.
If we stay on the same pace and beat them Saturday we pick up what a game or is it a half game? I don't recall how that works in the standings when records are tied. Not sure what the head to head record is off the top of my head. Not saying we will. Only it's possible but you are right. It will be tough. Memphis is definitly a much better likelihood with their players situations.

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I don't think 2 games is out of the realm of possibility and we play them Saturday. We could pick up a game right there if both teams are the same pace. You are acting like 2 games is insurmountable. It's possible is what I am saying.

"But whatever you say". Is that necessary?
You said if we catch the grizzlies then we catch the Kings. I don't see it that way at all. Memphis and Sactown are on completely different trajectories imo. So I disagreed and said so, but whatever you say, I'm just not wasting any of this beautiful day on you, we already went over this

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You said if we catch the grizzlies then we catch the Kings. I don't see it that way at all. Memphis and Sactown are on completely different trajectories imo. So I disagreed and said so, but whatever you say, I'm just not wasting any of this beautiful day on you, we already went over this
I was assuming we beat them on Saturday, gain ground, and go on a tear with KD. So, just my opinion. You know....we can have those. Again, another scenario where you could have asked like Proximo instead of being a tool.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose